The Berners Street Hoax, 1810
Burger King's Left-Handed Whopper Hoax, 1998
Old-Time Photo Fakery, 1900 to 1919
The Man-Eating Tree of Madagascar Hoax, 1874
The Great Electric Sugar Swindle, 1884
Sober Sue, the woman who never smiled, 1907
Eccentric's last prank, 66 years after his death, 1900
Samsung invents the on/off switch
Paul Krassner's Stereophonic Hoax, 1960
Hoax Warning
Here's the latest hoax warning that's going around via email. Actually, it may be quite old, but I've only come across it recently. So here it is:

I hate those hoax warnings, but this one is important! Send this
warning to everyone on your e-mail list.
If someone comes to your front door saying they are conducting a survey
and asks you to take your clothes off, do not do it.!!! This is a scam;
they only want to see you naked. I wish I'd gotten this yesterday. I feel so
stupid and cheap now.....
Categories: Email Hoaxes, Sex/Romance
Posted by The Curator on Thu Jun 10, 2004
Can this really be considered a Hoax? I thought a hoax had to have a certain level of believability to it. This is just a joke.
Posted by Steve  on  Thu Jun 10, 2004  at  07:01 PM
It's a joke about hoaxes. Many things on my site are not, strictly speaking, hoaxes... though I try to stay focused. But sometimes I put things up just because I think they're funny.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Thu Jun 10, 2004  at  08:10 PM
DOH!
Posted by OOPS I BELIEVED THEM AGAIN!  on  Fri Jun 11, 2004  at  09:39 AM
Alex,
I should follow up by saying that I laughed so hard when I first saw this one in my inbox that I sent it out to my whole distro. It was just too stinkin' funny not to share! LOL
Posted by Steve  on  Mon Jun 14, 2004  at  02:10 PM
anyone stupid enough to take off their clothes infront of someone who says he or she is conducting a survey deserves to get shot!
Posted by Eva  in  New York  on  Fri Mar 24, 2006  at  08:18 PM