The Nobody For President Campaign, 1940 to Present
Mencken's fake history of the bathtub, 1917
Fake Fish Photos
Snowball the Monster Cat, 2000
'Solar Armor' freezes man in Nevada Desert, 1874
Script of Casablanca rejected, 1982
Did Poe say 'The best things in life make you sweaty'?
Lord Gordon-Gordon, robber of the robber barons, 1871
Dog wins art contest, 1974
The Nazi Air Marker Hoax, 1942
Someone Else’s Hoax Photo Test
Here's a site that has created a flash-based hoax photo test. 10 photos in all. I only got 7 out of 10 correct. But then I'm not sure about some of their answers. For instance, they claim that this picture of a camel spider is fake. I don't think it's fake. Granted, the lens is positioned very close to the spider to make it look huge, but that doesn't mean the photo is a fake. I'm also suspicious of their info regarding the picture of a 'McDonald's Fried Chicken Head.' The picture is real enough, but I had never heard that McDonald's 'fessed up to letting a chicken head slip through the manufacturing process. I mean, if that was a real head, does that imply that McDonald's uses real chicken meat in their nuggets? Unlikely wink As for the picture of a 'worm removed from eye', I'm willing to accept that's real, if they say so.
Categories: Photos/Videos
Posted by The Curator on Tue Oct 05, 2004
I got the cat wrong. There is a type of cat called the Maine(?) and it grows real large.
I also think the spider is real because of angle.

So I got 8 out of 10.
The larva in the eye is in a medical book my Nurse mother in law has. So sickening true on that one.
Posted by gunner  in  Tennessee  on  Tue Oct 05, 2004  at  10:03 PM
The chicken head was not from Mcnuggets, but from fried chicken wings that were only served for a limited time in test markets. This item can be found on snopes.com, but I don't know the specific URL.
Posted by big WALL  in  Biloxi, MS  on  Wed Oct 06, 2004  at  03:20 AM
Thanks to Alex's pre-advisory warning, I got a 10 out of 10!!! thanks!
Posted by john  in  NH  on  Wed Oct 06, 2004  at  06:21 PM
I HAVE BEEN THERE!!! THE SPIDER IS REAL YUCK
Posted by Jo  in  Washington  on  Wed Oct 13, 2004  at  01:24 AM
I've had the same picture if camel spider sent to me, if you are to question it, then you must count the legs, if thes is supposed to be a spider then why does it have 16 legs? or it could be 2 spiders
Posted by Chris  on  Tue Oct 26, 2004  at  06:38 AM
The camel spider is real. It's name is Solifugae.
In the picture there are 2 of them stuck togeter and the picture was took in a way that they look bigger than they really are (look at the hand u can see in the top left corner of the picture).

i can make snowflake like this one in photoshop in a matter of minutes. We have snow 6 months a year over here and believe me, even at the highest resolution possible no snowflake can possibly look like this one.
Posted by juhanah  on  Fri Nov 05, 2004  at  10:37 PM
I missed one, the spider one, but I know that thing is real cause my hun was over there and took a pic of one of those things as well. If I can ever find it again I will toss it toward you. we moved so things are still in boxes.

pretty good site though
Posted by tye  on  Wed May 18, 2005  at  01:18 AM
juhanah: "As for the snow flake, its totaly false. Nothing that is naturaly created can have a perfect patern.."

I disagree: http://snowflakebentley.com/snowflakes.htm