The Instant Color TV Hoax, 1962
The Cottingley Fairies, 1917
The Hitler Diary Hoax, 1983
Tourist Guy 9/11 Hoax, Sep 2001
Burger King's Left-Handed Whopper Hoax, 1998
Prankster causes volcano to erupt, 1974
Hippo Eats Dwarf Cover
image Hippo Eats Dwarf now has a cover, thanks to the art department at Harcourt. This will almost definitely be the final cover unless (as my editor cautions) changes are made after the sales conference in October. Ideally one wants a cover that will make people curious enough to pick up the book and flip through it, and I think this does the trick. Oh, and I shouldn't forget to point out that the book can be pre-ordered on Amazon.
Categories: Miscellaneous
Posted by The Curator on Wed Sep 07, 2005
just beautiful. you should also have a way to pay through the site, but also pay extra to have you sign it.
Posted by RAMONESxMANIA  on  Wed Sep 07, 2005  at  09:21 PM
I don't have any means to take payments directly through the site. Plus, my publisher wouldn't want me competing directly against bookstores. But once the book comes out I'll probably let people paypal me money if they want a signed copy.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Wed Sep 07, 2005  at  09:38 PM
Cute cover!!
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Thu Sep 08, 2005  at  07:23 AM
I still say the book would sale better with my picture on it....
Posted by X  in  McKinney, TX  on  Thu Sep 08, 2005  at  10:43 AM
it certanly catches the eye! Congrats!
Posted by thunder  in  England  on  Thu Sep 08, 2005  at  12:11 PM
They should be selling the cover art (enlarged) as a poster, I think.
Posted by Big Gary in Dallas  in  Dallas, Texas  on  Thu Sep 08, 2005  at  01:00 PM