Bizarre pictographs of Emmanuel Domenech, 1860
Script of Casablanca rejected, 1982
Cursed by Allah
Tourist Guy 9/11 Hoax, Sep 2001
Rachael Ray cooks her family and her dog
Baby Yoga, aka Swinging Your Kid Around Your Head
The Stone-Age Tasaday Hoax, 1971
Mencken's fake history of the bathtub, 1917
Man flies by own lung power, 1934
Burger King's Left-Handed Whopper Hoax, 1998
Hands Resist Him - The eBay Haunted Painting
image Before the Ghost in a Jar, before the possessed Coke can, there was the eBay haunted painting. This genuinely creepy painting, titled Hands Resist Him, appeared for sale on eBay way back in February 2000, accompanied by claims that it was haunted. Disturbing things happened to those who owned it, and the figures in the painting itself supposedly moved. Even people who simply viewed it online were said to be gripped by terror attacks and fainting spells. It ended up selling for $1050, and I believe it might have originated the haunted-items-are-worth-more phenomenon on eBay. The BBC has a good description of the auction that includes pictures and text from the original auction. Hands Resist Him was painted by Bill Stoneham in 1972. On his site Bill notes that "Both the owner of the Gallery where 'Hands' was displayed and the Los Angeles Times art critic who reviewed my show were dead within a year of the show." Spooky! Bill is also selling prints of the painting. In my house I've got a 'Hallway of Hoaxes' in which I've hung all kinds of hoax-related prints. I think that a print of Hands Resist Him definitely deserves a place there, although my wife might not like it because she's easily scared... and of course, the painting might really be haunted.
Categories: eBay, Paranormal
Posted by The Curator on Tue Jun 22, 2004
this was the artists final description upon the painting,-- "the boy is based on a photograph of himself aged 5, the doorway is a representation of the dividing line between the waking world and the world of dreams and possibilities, and the doll is a guide who will escort the boy through it. The hands themselves represent alternate lives or possibilities",-- i think we all know that there is a darker secret behind this painting, i think the girl is not just a doll, its an empty shell of a person, could represent the victom of something serious. the dark moon in the sky tells the story of something bad happeneing, the act was the hands in the painting, more than one person was involved and kept a secret due to only seeing hands and behind the children in a window, as for the face of the boy, he is describing what he saw as a child. possibly he feels guilty that he did nothing!! or he could be apart of what happened
Posted by jacamo  on  Tue Jul 08, 2008  at  08:42 AM
my dad bought the painting and when it was late at night the little girl was sitting on my sisters bed changing the channel. i am not kidding. my dAd had to sell it because he believed me because he read the original story and i was 8.
Posted by jenna  in  PA  on  Mon Aug 10, 2009  at  12:14 PM
I was looking at this picture and Ifelt like my head was cracking open. Then I felt like I was going to puke, but I went to your site after I played this murder mystery game. The game had 2 pictures the girl with the pearl earring and hands resist him. The game was really freaky it's about this schitzaphrenic (that's not how you spell, I just don't know how) who died and his house was abandoned. there was like music that is supposed to be like hypnotic, but my computer was on mute. anyway at the end there is this tape you put in a tape player and this weird fast talking starts going and it sounds like mumbling and crumbling then this hands come out just like in the picture and that's the end. its really weird they try to make you feel like you hear voices in your head and there is this article and some paper. the paper said that the killing looked liked a homicide but he had suicidal thoughts. the article said that there were cuts on his wrists but bruises in the shape of hands.I was just totally freaked out my mom told me to get off the site before I even saw the really freaky stuff. i'm just scared because i went to the site of the person who sold the painting. whoever bought it is crazy!!!!
Posted by hognoti  in  Canada  on  Sun May 09, 2010  at  01:17 PM
I would not play that game with the schitz i would pee my pants
Posted by bug  in  italy  on  Sun May 09, 2010  at  01:20 PM
wow no one ever goes on this site it seems like!
Posted by gvyfgvbrgbb;r  in  ugrt;fvbgr;eyvg  on  Sun May 09, 2010  at  01:22 PM
Comments: Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2