Prankster causes volcano to erupt, 1974
Brief History of Triple-Decker Buses
'Solar Armor' freezes man in Nevada Desert, 1874
The Case of the Vanishing Belly Button, 1964
The Hoaxing Hitchhiker, 1941
The Instant Color TV Hoax, 1962
Car Filled with Gum Prank
image Magic Mackeigan decided to help his girlfriend quit smoking by filling her entire car up with gum. Valerie Karriman discovered the surprise when she walked out to her car in the morning. I guess she was late to work that day. Of course, gum melts in the sun, which is something that it doesn't sound like Magic thought about during his elaborate preparations. I'm assuming Valerie managed to clean the car out in time, but if she didn't I figure Magic would be out one girlfriend. (Thanks to Goo for the link)
Categories: Pranks
Posted by The Curator on Wed Jul 07, 2004
i wish my name was Magic
Posted by john  in  NH  on  Sat Jul 10, 2004  at  11:54 AM
Once again it is proven that stupidity abounds everywhere, regardless of nationality, race, or creed... Actually blame her parents for naming her, err... Magic? Hah.
Posted by The Mexx  in  Mexico  on  Sun Jul 11, 2004  at  05:33 AM
the boyfriend's name is magic! Magic is a guy! lol
Posted by john  in  NH  on  Mon Jul 12, 2004  at  12:53 AM
Hah! even worse! ROTFLMAO!!
Posted by The Mexx  on  Mon Jul 12, 2004  at  02:48 AM
Hi, my name is Valerie and I am the girl in the pic. I was surfing the web and going to show a friend the article from The Times (where this was originally printed) and saw that the story made it on this website (and others). And seeing how they frabicated a story a little, I figured I would share with you the REAL story. I went out in the morning and saw that a bunch of stuff was in my car. When I had gone out there, closer - I got to see all that wonderful gum. I am not exaggerating when I tell you that he almost completely bought out Sam's Club. He spent nearly $10,000 on that gum? Gee, what is going through your head right now? I know what was going through mine. The sun was never a factor that day and neither was work, however it did take me several hours and three helpers to get all that gum out. 3 years later, I would still be pulling gum out of cracks. And yet, one of the coolest stories I live to tell this day is due to this "gift". At home, I cleaned the driver side out and left to go to our business (at the time; now his) to finish the rest. While driving to work, a woman in a mini-van started to wave and motioned me to pull over. So, I did - we pulled into a parking lot and the woman and I got out and conversated about what was going on. She then tells me that she is on her way to Africa (her home) and she would love to bring sum to the kids. (I thought is this really happening?) I said certainly, and she then pulls out a suitcase and fills the enitre thing with gum. Did I mention that I could fit into this suitcase myself, and I am not a small person AND in saying that; this hardly made a dent in the gum. BUT, how cool is that?? Africa - kids got to share in my "gift". Sounds far fetched but I assure you it is true.

And about him, I do find it amusing that everyone thinks so fondly of his name....ha! magic. it's not his born-given name. He just really likes to be called Magic. His motto is even. "Believe".
Posted by Valerie  in  In  on  Fri Dec 12, 2008  at  11:08 AM