The Instant Color TV Hoax, 1962
The Olympic Underwear Relay, 1956
Stotham, Massachusetts: the town that didn't exist, 1920
The Man-Eating Tree of Madagascar Hoax, 1874
The damp spot that hoaxed a city, 1912
Burger King's Left-Handed Whopper Hoax, 1998
Iceberg floats into Sydney Harbor, 1978
Use your left ear to detect lies
war of the worlds
The night Martians invaded New Jersey, 1938
Praise from the Guardian
There was a very nice blurb in today's issue of The Guardian about the Museum of Hoaxes. Does this mean I can now tell my mother that I'm famous?

Categories: Miscellaneous
Posted by The Curator on Mon Dec 06, 2004
Dude, you're not just famous, you're world famous (the Guardian is a UK newspaper).
This should prove to your parents you haven't been wasting your time.
Oh, and Congratulations!
Posted by Big Gary C  in  Dallas, Texas  on  Mon Dec 06, 2004  at  08:30 PM
No. You are not famous. (We don't want this going to his head, now do we people). You can tell your mom that you are, just to make her happy.

And, REALLY, where is the article on WMDs in Iraq? This has to be the greatest hoax of the millennium.
Posted by BugbearSloth  in  earth  on  Mon Dec 06, 2004  at  11:25 PM
Congratulations!
Posted by paul in prague  on  Tue Dec 07, 2004  at  07:07 AM
Dude, you're a celebrity!

I've got this great investment opportunity for you and all your friends. It's sort of a "gift exchange" kinda thing. You'll love it!

cool smirk
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Tue Dec 07, 2004  at  12:07 PM
The WMDs in Iraq article is missing, just like the WMDs themselves. Somehow it seems appropriate.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Tue Dec 07, 2004  at  03:25 PM
Though on second thought, maybe I should have a link to it that just leads to a '404 WMDs not found' page.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Tue Dec 07, 2004  at  03:26 PM
PHD disertation? Now, I'm intimated.

Congrats!
Posted by Brenda  in  San Antonio, TX  on  Tue Dec 07, 2004  at  07:36 PM
Brenda, Do you mean intimidated? Does this mean Alex has a PhD? Always knew there was something to this guy! Congrats on the write-up, Alex.
Posted by stork  in  the spiracles of space  on  Wed Dec 08, 2004  at  12:16 AM
No, I don't have a PhD. I'm what's known as ABD: All But Dissertation. I completed all the requirements for the PhD except for the dissertation itself.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Wed Dec 08, 2004  at  02:09 AM
Alex; Thanks for the personal revelations. Your fans will be ecstatic!(and that includes me). I'm familiar with "educationus interruptis". Seems I remember a few events like two marriages, three children and two careers that somehow got in the way of my original plans for independent collegiate success. But,what the F--?
Life worked out, anyway; so-so, as usual. Best Wishes-