Iceberg floats into Sydney Harbor, 1978
Paul Krassner's Stereophonic Hoax, 1960
Use your left ear to detect lies
BMW's April Fool's Day Hoaxes
Jernegan's Gold Accumulator Scam, 1898
Old-Time Photo Fakery, 1900 to 1919
war of the worlds
The night Martians invaded New Jersey, 1938
The Great New York Zoo Escape Hoax, 1874
Bizarre pictographs of Emmanuel Domenech, 1860
The Olympic Underwear Relay, 1956
Goths for Bush
image I'm a Democrat, but I've got to hand it to the Goths for Bush. I like their reasoning: "We are forming this Goth Republican Band to help elect George Bush to continue the sadness. His actions facilitate our morbid fascination and the beauty of enduring pain. Many people lead unhappy lives and that is sad. Bush will continue the sadness. He knows that gentle people are excellent for spanking. His foreign policy is the best, he spanks the world and the unseen one knows it deserves it, so beautifully dirty, grimy and perverse." I'm assuming this is satire, but it's subtle enough that you can't really be sure.
Categories: Politics, Websites
Posted by The Curator on Wed Oct 27, 2004
This has got to be a hoax.

All the goths I know spend too much time in bed, never leave their houses (unless they are going to a death metal gig) and have no politcal agenda.

They are too busy drowning in their pain and being non conformists.
Posted by Kapink  in  Coventry, UK  on  Wed Oct 27, 2004  at  04:41 PM
Oh, the pain! The pain! The pain of it all! - Dr. Smith
Posted by Charybdis  on  Wed Oct 27, 2004  at  04:57 PM
It sounded fake to me, but it started sounding real after I read some of it.
Posted by john  in  NH  on  Wed Oct 27, 2004  at  06:50 PM
It makes perfect sense.
If what you love best are doom, gloom, illness, sadness, decay, and despair, then why wouldn't you vote for Bush, the guy who's given us more of the above than anyone else?
Posted by Big Gary C  in  Dallas, Texas  on  Wed Oct 27, 2004  at  08:02 PM
Hehe. Amusing. *hides her sleep-rumpled Ministry shirt and black fingernails* LOL
Posted by Ariel  on  Thu Oct 28, 2004  at  07:58 PM
i was joking to my daughter yesterday about a halloween costumes the scariest thing i could think of was goths for bush, i just had to check today to see if there could some.
Posted by ashley  on  Mon Nov 01, 2004  at  01:32 PM
I particularly like the letters written in that take the site seriously, and the responses by the site's editor. Funny!
Posted by Lina Correa  in  Miami  on  Thu Dec 16, 2004  at  02:30 PM
All of are crazy nothing is wrong with goth people and they do come out. plus its just who they are!!! cool smirk
Posted by heather  in  houston,Tx  on  Fri Apr 01, 2005  at  05:22 PM
The guy who wrote this is Tom Frederiksen, a politico hatchet guy who works for both sides
Posted by Marquez  in  Virginia  on  Mon Dec 12, 2005  at  07:10 PM
From what I hear, this Fredericksen guy is currently working with a certain Virginia Senator with presidential aspirations.
Posted by Agent Provateur  in  DC  on  Mon Dec 12, 2005  at  09:29 PM
It's more like EMOs for bush. Really. Whatver, it's still funny. It still surprises me that this guy got re-elected. It was just sad.
Posted by Dracul  on  Sun Jan 15, 2006  at  09:54 PM
it sounded a bit real to me, i do think its a hoax. i do live in sadness, doom and all that but i personally would not vote for bush if my life dependended on it
Posted by Eva  in  new york  on  Mon Apr 03, 2006  at  06:34 PM