The damp spot that hoaxed a city, 1912
Eccentric's last prank, 66 years after his death, 1900
Snowball the Monster Cat, 2000
Fake Photos of Very Large Animals
The Cottingley Fairies, 1917
Jernegan's Gold Accumulator Scam, 1898
Eerie Ghost Video
Here's what the setup to this little piece of video says:
Supposedly this is a car commercial that never aired. I'm thinking that it is more probably a very good student project using Computer Graphics. About 2 seconds into the "commercial" notice something moving along the side of the car, like a ghostly white mist that looks humanish.
All I'm going to add is that this really, really got me.
Update: Here's another link to the movie, in case the one above is down.
Update: Comments have been closed on this topic.
Categories: Paranormal
Posted by The Curator on Sat Oct 09, 2004
hmmmm.....scared at first but my friend FREAKED out at lunch.....he knocked over a desk and fell back against the cabinet in coach's class.........hahaha find some more stuff to scare me!!!!!!!
Posted by Clinton Sweat  on  Thu Nov 04, 2004  at  07:22 PM
That was horrible! I've been reading lotsa ghost stories before that and seriously thought that I'd see some 'ghostly mist' or something intangible. I even leaned towards the monitor thinking that I must've missed something before that damn thing popped up, and I actually screamed so loud my housemates tried to break into my room. They thought something happened to me. It was 12am too.
Posted by Ady  on  Fri Nov 05, 2004  at  12:20 PM
This is definitely an ad for an energy drink, the premise being that the drink will give you a jolt of energy much like the jolt you got from the ghost in the commercial.

Clever.
Posted by Rob  in  san diego  on  Mon Nov 08, 2004  at  03:34 PM
was this ever proved to be real or done by computer graphics?
Posted by shadhoa dillard  in  greenville s.c.  on  Tue Nov 09, 2004  at  08:09 PM
I think it's a safe bet to say that it's not real.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Tue Nov 09, 2004  at  08:13 PM
My dad is evil! he saw this one first, showed my mom, and then showed me.. i jumped so high i'm surprised i didn't hit the ceiling. I'm sending it to all my friends! snake
Posted by Tina  on  Fri Nov 12, 2004  at  07:37 PM
I saw it 2day at skool, n a bunch of tha classmates screamd at it..........LOL it was funny..........
Posted by Mina  in  Wa  on  Fri Nov 12, 2004  at  09:33 PM
OMFG!!! You know you really shouldn't watch that unless you want to be scared. And don't drink while doing it. I spilt coke all over myself! And what's more, I leaned in close, thinkin I musta missed something, volume at FULL (only my brother was home, and he was locked up in his room) and then the THING jumped out at me!!!! I screamed so hard my brother actually asked what was wrong. I was so embarrased I fell for it that I just told him it was a spider! It really scared the heck outta me...my friend said she wouldn't scream when I told her about it, and went on about how she watched Freddy Kruger, Nightmare on Elm Street, etc. Then she screamed. Hard.
Posted by Severly_Snaped  in  South Africa  on  Sat Nov 13, 2004  at  08:09 AM
You almost killed me!!! I'm never returning to this site!!! (I already e-mailed it to everyone I know!) wink
Posted by corax  in  Lisbon-Portugal  on  Mon Nov 15, 2004  at  09:50 AM
good lord my heart dang near thumped outta my chest. jesus. thats good stuff.
Posted by Sweet Fancy Moses!  in  Petaluma, CA  on  Tue Nov 16, 2004  at  02:42 AM
I have to go change my shorts.
Posted by Justin  in  Mars  on  Wed Nov 17, 2004  at  01:59 AM
that scared the shit out of me and all my friends that I sent it to. big surprise
Posted by Sarah  in  Aurora, CO  on  Wed Nov 17, 2004  at  10:21 PM
You know whats funny, i saw that for the first time today, my bud sent me an email with the link, and i shit myself at first and then i died laughing, and its soooo funny that other people said the same thing. I thought i was the only one who started laughing after, i couldnt stop. it was perfectly times, with a perfect view, the car is far, your foccused, it disappears behind the bush, your waiting for it, and he pops up right where your looking, out of focus too, fuckin genius, i think the fact that it was written in german may have added to the funnyness of it, but i shit 1st anyways
Posted by Steve  in  Hamilton, Ontario  on  Fri Nov 19, 2004  at  05:41 AM
That was so scary the first time, my friend screamed his fucking ass off, ut i like it so much i've watched it sooo many times it won't phase me anymore
Posted by Dan  on  Sat Nov 20, 2004  at  06:41 PM
Didn't have a ghost of a chance. I must try to keep your museum a secret to my victims. They already know I'm an ass however.
Posted by Phil  in  US  on  Sun Nov 21, 2004  at  07:51 PM
I cant get it to load up properly!!!!! I want o see it it sounds hilarious!!!
Posted by Chess  on  Mon Nov 22, 2004  at  04:11 PM
Oh i did get to see it, it made me jump but then i started laughing! lol, its good! :D
Posted by Ches  on  Mon Nov 22, 2004  at  04:22 PM
Geez. So I'm thinking that since I know what's going to happen, it would be okay to watch it again - just to see how it worked.

And I jumped again...
Posted by David Suwal  on  Mon Nov 22, 2004  at  06:51 PM
Eww!! It was so scary that I fell off my chair TToTT
Posted by Jellyfish Marine  on  Tue Nov 23, 2004  at  08:28 AM
i love you.
Posted by bobo  on  Tue Nov 23, 2004  at  03:20 PM
gulp that was.... oh my. that was so friggen startling!!! ! i didnt have the volume up very loud but it still made me jump and cling to my friend.
Posted by heathersssss  on  Sat Nov 27, 2004  at  11:29 PM
this commercial was aired on german tv last summer. i had fallen asleep in front of the telly and got woken up by that scream in dolby surround. no need to buy the canned coffee, the ad ist far more effective. shock
Posted by hartl  in  vienna, austria  on  Tue Nov 30, 2004  at  06:53 PM
That was the best thing i have ever seen. period.
Posted by Michael  in  New Zeland  on  Fri Dec 03, 2004  at  12:53 AM
That scared the crap out of me but my kids found it funny to see me jump like that.
Posted by TFFNY  on  Mon Dec 06, 2004  at  06:36 PM
AHHH! I may never be able to sleep...ever!
Posted by BLAH  on  Fri Dec 10, 2004  at  06:48 AM
wink That is the most funniest thing I've ever seen.
First time I saw it I screamed so hard then laughed so much I cried; just thinking about it makes me laugh out loud...
Posted by jessie  in  NY  on  Sun Dec 12, 2004  at  07:57 PM
OK, i must ask. What's with all the people who saw this in school?? Is the video suppose to be teaching you something?? Why would a teacher show this to his/her class, and what grade are you all in where it's being shown?
Posted by Razela  in  Chicago, IL  on  Mon Dec 13, 2004  at  03:03 AM
You dirty mother fuckers. I'm deaf in my left ear now. Alaysha say thanks. And Dawn didn't fall for it.
Posted by Alaysha, Mike and PD  in  under our beds  on  Thu Dec 16, 2004  at  02:29 AM
Hey! Where`s the humanish thing? And what`s that zumbi doing into the commercial anyway?
Posted by OR  on  Fri Dec 17, 2004  at  04:51 AM
It's probably just a reflection in the camera lens.
Or the planet Venus.
Posted by Anders Svenneby  in  Norway  on  Mon Dec 20, 2004  at  06:52 PM
Comments: Page 3 of 8 pages  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›