Burger King's Left-Handed Whopper Hoax, 1998
The Berners Street Hoax, 1810
Fake Fish Photos
The worms inside your face
The Cottingley Fairies, 1917
Taco Bells buys the Liberty Bell, 1996
Jernegan's Gold Accumulator Scam, 1898
The Sandpaper Test, 1960
war of the worlds
The night Martians invaded New Jersey, 1938
'Solar Armor' freezes man in Nevada Desert, 1874
Eerie Ghost Video
Here's what the setup to this little piece of video says:
Supposedly this is a car commercial that never aired. I'm thinking that it is more probably a very good student project using Computer Graphics. About 2 seconds into the "commercial" notice something moving along the side of the car, like a ghostly white mist that looks humanish.
All I'm going to add is that this really, really got me.
Update: Here's another link to the movie, in case the one above is down.
Update: Comments have been closed on this topic.
Categories: Paranormal
Posted by The Curator on Sat Oct 09, 2004
Yes, that is a very moving add, I must say...
Posted by David  in  San Diego  on  Sat Oct 09, 2004  at  01:47 AM
Got me too. Geez.
Posted by Laura  on  Sat Oct 09, 2004  at  01:56 AM
I can see how it can be convincing! If you look closely enough there's a slight reflection...
Posted by kingjiblo  in  Beijing  on  Sat Oct 09, 2004  at  02:11 AM
Son of a BITCH! Okay, I'm not going to bed for the next six hours ...
Posted by Mike  on  Sat Oct 09, 2004  at  02:18 AM
So I called in my husband and showed him this. It got him too. He may never forgive me.
Posted by Laura  on  Sat Oct 09, 2004  at  03:12 AM
Freakin' A!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Kathy Johnston  in  CA USA  on  Sat Oct 09, 2004  at  04:04 AM
I didn't see any ghost. Where's the ghost?

Allright, allright...it got me too.
Posted by Paul  on  Sat Oct 09, 2004  at  06:03 AM
That was on Tarrant on TV yesterday, I was scared for five seconds and then I burst into a fit of laughter.
Posted by David Elliott  in  Northern Ireland  on  Sat Oct 09, 2004  at  07:54 AM
That scared the hell out of me.
Posted by Jellybelly  in  Dark side of the Moon  on  Sat Oct 09, 2004  at  11:16 AM
As I need a plug in to see this, and I'm too lazy to download it, what happens in the video? It isn't that video where something jumps out at you when it ends, is it? They've been talking about that on Snopes for a while; the commercial where a zombie runs at the screen after a car goes down a road was for a German energy drink.

This is a different commercial, right?
Posted by Ozymandias  on  Sat Oct 09, 2004  at  12:09 PM
Scared the hell out of me *LOL* Oh man - my heart.
Posted by Z  on  Sat Oct 09, 2004  at  01:37 PM
Reminds me of that scene from "Jaws" where the head suddenly appeared out of the hole in the bottom of the boat.
Posted by Captain Al  on  Sat Oct 09, 2004  at  01:48 PM
holy crap!!! good thing i clicked on the link before I read the comments, or else I wouldn't be enjoying the adrenaline I'm feeling now.
Posted by john  in  NH  on  Sat Oct 09, 2004  at  02:51 PM
This movie is much more well done than another movie where they made you stare at a scene for a while and then flashed a screaming face a year or two ago. As a matter of fact, the other one is a wimp, a pushover, and a nerd and should be thrown in a trash can and rolled down a hill. Or maybe stuffed in his locker.
Posted by john  in  NH  on  Sat Oct 09, 2004  at  02:59 PM
Man.... I had turned the volume up loud too.
Posted by Bruce  on  Sat Oct 09, 2004  at  03:28 PM
I'm scarred for life. Thanks so much.
Posted by mara  on  Sat Oct 09, 2004  at  03:34 PM
Excellent timing... 10/10
Posted by Peter  on  Sat Oct 09, 2004  at  06:15 PM
big surprise Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikessssssss...............
Posted by S cared  in  uk  on  Sat Oct 09, 2004  at  08:48 PM
LOL that scared me at first but then I just started laughing LOL
Posted by Ariel  on  Sat Oct 09, 2004  at  09:08 PM
Sonofabitch. You nailed me.
Posted by GRA  in  Michigan  on  Sun Oct 10, 2004  at  12:20 AM
son of a bitch is RIGHT. kthx i'm in my basement, alone, at night!
Posted by LaTara  in  Portland  on  Sun Oct 10, 2004  at  03:43 AM
Wow.. ok.. i had the volume up too loud too..
nearly fell of my chair..

good one!

Pasje
Posted by Pasje  in  Rotterdam  on  Sun Oct 10, 2004  at  06:31 AM
I saw that a few weeks ago on dailyboredom.com. The original site that they got it from has changed the link so that it takes you to her post board first.

And P.S. I didn't even have the volume on and I almost fell out of my desk chair. I was at work and got a few funny little looks.
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL, USA  on  Sun Oct 10, 2004  at  12:46 PM
OMG, that was great! Who needs caffeine? My heart is beating a million miles an hour! I just sent the link to my friends. Thanks! shock
Posted by Elizabeth  in  Massachusetts  on  Sun Oct 10, 2004  at  01:57 PM
JC! HOLY CRAP. I screamed like a little girl.
Posted by angela  in  Earth  on  Sun Oct 10, 2004  at  02:42 PM
oh my god. and I am at work and I about died. Kick ass!
Posted by megan  on  Sun Oct 10, 2004  at  02:47 PM
Ho-ly crap!! I'm still shaking, and I didn't even have my speakers on! I bet I'm real lucky I didn't!
Posted by ate  in  Massachusetts, USA  on  Sun Oct 10, 2004  at  02:53 PM
I've seen a couple of things like this, but the setup and execution of this one are by far the best.
Scared the crap out of me for a few seconds, then I was laughing until tears ran out my eyes.
I'm just lucky it's a nice day outside my window, unlike the poor bastard who watched it in his dark basement.
Posted by Spooty  on  Sun Oct 10, 2004  at  07:10 PM
YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!
Posted by josh  on  Sun Oct 10, 2004  at  08:09 PM
Thanks a lot! That was the last thing I needed on a Sunday afternoon as I was trying to relax! Especially 'cause after about 2 seconds, I started to lean in really close to the screen to see if I could say anything.

Still shaking...
Posted by Josh W.  in  Cal.  on  Sun Oct 10, 2004  at  10:14 PM
Comments: Page 1 of 8 pages  1 2 3 >  Last ›