The Society for Indecency to Naked Animals, 1959
Sober Sue, the woman who never smiled, 1907
Burger King's Left-Handed Whopper Hoax, 1998
Bizarre pictographs of Emmanuel Domenech, 1860
The Hitler Diary Hoax, 1983
What do the lines on Solo cups mean?
The worms inside your face
Fake Fish Photos
The Nazi Air Marker Hoax, 1942
Stotham, Massachusetts: the town that didn't exist, 1920
Flower Urinals
Kathy Johnston sent along a link to these pictures of artistic urinals created by urinal sculptor Clark Sorensen. (I would love to be able to tell people at cocktail parties that my job was a 'urinal sculptor'.) Yes, they're real urinals, although I don't know if they're actually installed and being used anywhere. Check out more examples of Sorensen's art at clarkmade.com. I think a fake fly would be the ideal addition to his urinals.

image image image image
Categories: Art
Posted by The Curator on Wed Aug 09, 2006
These should be popular with allergy sufferers.

I also note the little signs, some saying the urinal is not connected to water, so do not use it and some saying it is connected, so go ahead if you want to. Are the latter out in the main areas? I wonder.
Posted by Phred22  in  Maryland  on  Wed Aug 09, 2006  at  12:11 PM
Wow, i have to admit that i would feel incredibly masculin relieving myself in a flower....

Perhaps if they had specifically scented urinal mints to go along with it,
Posted by Arkiva  on  Wed Aug 09, 2006  at  02:39 PM

pissing in a flower would be fun.

note to self - go out more.
Posted by Peter  on  Wed Aug 09, 2006  at  04:05 PM
What?? No Peni- uh, Venus Flytrap urinal??
Posted by RainOubliette  in  Pennsylvania  on  Wed Aug 09, 2006  at  04:26 PM
These are gorgeous.

The chambered nautilus one would be ideal for the restroom at a public aquarium.
Posted by Big Gary  in  Aquarena Springs, Texas  on  Wed Aug 09, 2006  at  06:44 PM
Heh. I thought I was the only one to think that they were beautiful.
I'd be happy to pee in one, were I a guy...
Posted by Boo  in  The Land of the Haggii...  on  Wed Aug 09, 2006  at  07:08 PM