Finger Found in Subway Sandwich
Only 50 miles away from where the infamous Wendy's chili finger hoax was perpetrated last year, a woman has found what appears to be a finger in her Subway sandwich.

Health inspectors did not find that any staff had lost a digit, but the half-inch piece has been sent to a lab for testing.

A spokesman for Subway has said the company won't comment until the investigation is completed. He says, however: "The Subway restaurant chain takes every customer comment seriously. We don't know what the foreign object is yet."
FoodGross
Posted by Boo on Fri Oct 27, 2006 Comments (11)
Perhaps it is somebodys middle finger, and they are trying to send Subway a message...
Posted by Christopher  in  Joplin, Missouri  on  Sat Oct 28, 2006  at  07:37 AM
Or maybe it's a product of some top-secret Yakuza-like initiation rite for sandwich jockeys.
Posted by Big Gary  in  Brazos, Texas  on  Sat Oct 28, 2006  at  12:48 PM
How can you get a finger in your Subway sandwich? Whenever I go to Subway I ask for what I want in the sandwich and they make it right in front of me. I don't see how you could fail to notice that the person making your sandwich was putting a finger in it...
Posted by Sakano  in  Ohio  on  Sat Oct 28, 2006  at  03:36 PM
They wear clear plastic gloves when making sandwiches at Subway so if this is legit the finger should also have the remains of the glove on it.
Posted by Captain Al  in  Vancouver Island, Canada  on  Sat Oct 28, 2006  at  07:53 PM
Perhaps the digit came from somewhere other than Subway people. Subway most likely order in salads and other ingredients from outside retailers. The finger (if it is a finger) may have been in a bag of lettuce and unnoticed by Subway staff.
Posted by Nettie  in  Perth, Western Australia  on  Sat Oct 28, 2006  at  09:12 PM
a "foreign" object? Like from way far away foreign? Like an object from Timbuktu? How would a finger from Timbuktu get in a Subway Sandwich? Personally, I'd give these people a couple of million just for sneaking that finger in from Timbuktu. It's not like they're ever gonna find the nine-fingered dude in Timbuktu to give any money, or Subway Sandwich to. I mean, if they put an ad in a Timbuktuian newspaper looking for the nine-fingered guy, all sorts of nine-fingered people would come forward, and then you'd have to prove they were from Timbuktu before they qualified, so I figure it's best to just give the cash to the people who claim they found it. You're welcome. Next question, please
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Sat Oct 28, 2006  at  10:26 PM
It could have been in a bag of chicken - their chicken looks pretty fingerish...but I have to wonder, still.

As someone else mentioned...the sub gets made RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. How do you miss that? I make them take out the stray onions that fell into the green pepper tray...So when they picked a handful of peppers, also got some onion bits.
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Sun Oct 29, 2006  at  03:44 PM
There's a lot of money, and publicity, to be made in finding things in your food. Likewise any other hard-to-substantiate allegation.
Posted by cvirtue  on  Sun Oct 29, 2006  at  06:07 PM
Help! I just found a hard-to-substantiate allegation in my sandwich!

Hmmm... worth a shot, I guess.
Posted by outeast  in  Prague  on  Mon Oct 30, 2006  at  04:47 AM
hey, are youse guys lookin' for a knuckle sandwich? whyIoughta... whoa, Moe...hey, leave him alone...mind your own business, porkypine...nyuk, nyuk, nyuk
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Mon Oct 30, 2006  at  09:16 PM
I think it is to threaten some body .I think it should be someones finger only..
Posted by Chop  in  london  on  Sat Jul 26, 2008  at  10:00 PM
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.