The boy with the golden tooth, 1593
Did Poe say 'The best things in life make you sweaty'?
The Gallery of Fake Viral Images
The Hitler Diary Hoax, 1983
Iceberg floats into Sydney Harbor, 1978
Man flies by own lung power, 1934
Prof. Wingard's Death Ray Hoax, 1876
The Society for Indecency to Naked Animals, 1959
Can a bar of soap between your sheets ease muscle cramps?
The Instant Color TV Hoax, 1962
Fetal Footprint
image I'm late to the party with this image (all the other hoax-related sites have had it up for a couple of weeks), but hey, I was on vacation, and the picture's too good to ignore. Anyway, no one seems to be able to say definitively whether it's real or a fake... or even where it originally came from. It does seem pretty unbelievable that a footprint would be that well defined through the wall of the abdomen. Plus, the foot seems awfully long. And what are those weird bumps in the middle of the foot? But on the other hand, I've heard some women say that this is possible.
Categories: Birth/Babies, Photos/Videos
Posted by The Curator on Wed Sep 29, 2004
I don't know if it's a fake or real, but it certainly is cool! How amazing just to think that a small human being is inside your body while pregnant. THis was my FAVORITE part of my three pregnancies, trying to figure out what the body parts were! God is great!
Posted by Michelle  on  Mon Jan 07, 2008  at  10:11 PM
I have to say as a midwife I have seen a similar thing once, ina lady of dimunitice stature who had reduced amniotic fluid, I could discern the shape of a hand on her abdomen, including fingers...
To the person who said about the baby being in an odd position, you have obviosuly never been pregnant... babies do move and get into some wonderful positions, this would be a classic position for a breech baby. The baby often lies to one side as the spine can be uncomfortable for him / her so they instinctively move away from it...
Posted by Annie Tahoma  in  UK  on  Thu Feb 14, 2008  at  06:36 PM
Personally I think this photo is a fake. I agree with you the size of the foot is way too big. Its shown to be the same size as a babys head, whih it cant be.
Posted by baby names  on  Sat Mar 01, 2008  at  10:31 AM
I see everyone thinks this is fake... lol. But I don't believe it neither because I am pregnant and my baby kicks me and rests part of her body on the inside of my abdomen a lot and all I ever see is a lump... I can never even really tell what part of her body it is... so this is definately FAKE!
Posted by Lexxii  on  Sun Mar 02, 2008  at  09:54 PM
The photo is real I'm nearly 30 weeks pregnant and something similar is hanging on my mid wife's wall. I asked her if it was real and she said it certainly is, it was photographed at the hospital. If you're in so much doubt why don't you just ask a mid wife or a doctor.
Posted by mel  on  Sat Jul 19, 2008  at  10:38 PM
I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THIS IS POSSIBLE! I DON'T KNOW WHETHER THIS PARTICULAR PHOTO IS REAL OR FAKE, BUT I DO KNOW THAT THIS IS POSSIBLE. I HAVE BEEN PREGNANT & HAVE 3 SISTERS WITH KIDS, & I SPECIFICALLY REMEMBER SEEING WITH MY OWN EYES A FOOTPRINT IN MY SISTERS STOMACH WHEN SHE WAS PREGNANT VERY SIMILAR TO THIS PHOTO, ALTHOUGH I NEVER SEEN MY OWN BABY'S FOOT LIKE THIS, I DID SEE MY SISTER'S BABY'S! IT WAS VERY AWESOME! I JUST HOPE THAT WITH MY NEXT CHILD I HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO CATCH A PHOTO OR EVEN A GLIMPSE OF A HAND OR FOOT LIKE THE ONE IN THIS PHOTO, I GUESS SOME PEOPLE JUST HAVE TO SEE IT TO BELIEVE IT, WHICH I LUCKILY HAVE!!!!
Posted by Monica  on  Mon Oct 13, 2008  at  05:02 AM
I don't know if this particular picture is real, but I have seen similar when I was pregnant with my own. I was able to measure her foot accurately everytime she layed her foot against my abdomen..Of course it was not this clear but anything is possible. I asked my doctor if it was possible and he said he highly doubts it but he will not say it is a fake because there is still a small chance that this photo is real. A lot of people however are claiming this is their belly picture..which sorry to say this exact picture can not be everyone's..maybe this picture would be more believable if the rightful owner had shown her face.Even then, some people believe this picture was put in a program and made to look like this, which is another possibility, but there is no reason to be calling anyone a liar. & this foot is not too big as some babies have big feet..in fact my child was born with feet roughly around the same size, so those of you who say this foot is way too big, you's have obviously never had a baby or your baby was small. Babies come in all shapes ans sizes. Always remember that & that anything is possible..I am not saying this is real or fake but I have seen similar just not nearly as clear. Take care.
Posted by Melissa  on  Mon Aug 17, 2009  at  04:38 AM
This happened to me with my first baby (never again, and I have 5). I was sitting in front of a full length mirror brushing my hair after a shower when I could see in the mirror a complete foot like the picture. EVERY TOE! I called my husband, he ran up the stairs and saw it also. Not sure if this photo is real or not, but I have seen this phenomenon with my own eyes wink
Posted by Kristie  on  Sun Aug 23, 2009  at  01:54 AM
trust me this picture is real because it's happened to me threw my pregnancy i know it looks mad but believe me it really is true because mine did. well, whether its a true pic or not i dont know but mine was as clear as this, just a big baby pushin really hard! xx
Posted by Grace  in  Kent  on  Wed Jan 27, 2010  at  10:56 AM
I have been an OB nurse for many years and have been able to see outline of body parts on a very pregnanat belly.
Posted by ki  in  Pennsylvania  on  Mon Feb 08, 2010  at  08:44 PM
This is a real picture. I know the mother. She showed me this picture and funny thing, we just now are finding it on the web.
Posted by Df  in  colorado  on  Fri May 11, 2012  at  05:30 PM
Df -- every so often someone leaves a comment here claiming to know details about where this photo came from. But so far, no one has been able to back up that claim with actual proof. So if you have actual, verifiable information about the source of this photo, I'd love to hear it. But I have to admit, I'm skeptical.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Fri May 11, 2012  at  05:50 PM
This picture is real. I know the mom and the baby. I saw this picture when she was pregnant and thought how neat it was. Her husband put it on her computer case and I think that is how the picture got out there. But it is real. She is a very small person and the baby ended up being over 8 lbs so he was big for her frame.
Posted by phlashphoto  in  colorado  on  Wed Jul 03, 2013  at  11:16 PM
Comments: Page 3 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3