Van Gogh's ear exhibited, 1935
The Diaphote, a television hoax, 1880
A black lion: real or fake?
Cat that walked 3000 miles to find its owners, 1951
Cursed by Allah
The Hitler Diary Hoax, 1983
The Cottingley Fairies, 1917
Fake Photos of Very Large Animals
Fake Fish Photos
Taco Bells buys the Liberty Bell, 1996
Fastest Man in Japan
image I found this email today in my inbox:
This e-mail from Japan. Please write about me in your paper. I am the fastest man in Japan. I put off clothes in about one second. You can see me. Click here. http://www.joqr.co.jp/bbqr/56bakuhatsu2.asx
Japanese people can watch me in TV. I want world people to watch me. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.Thank you.
Itabasi-ku 2-14-17, Tokyo, OfficeHERA, Jun Nagatani

Of course, I couldn't resist checking that out. Sure enough, he does remove his clothes in less than a second (it's safe for work). There must be some trick to it. Clothing designed to be ripped away would be the most obvious thing.
Categories: Entertainment
Posted by The Curator on Mon Jun 28, 2004
Has to be rip-away clothes. It looks like he pulls everything off straight up. You can't do that with pants...
Posted by Casey W.  in  Biloxi, MS  on  Mon Jun 28, 2004  at  02:14 PM
Very amusing. Do you get strange emails like this real often?
Posted by Razela  in  San Diego, CA  on  Mon Jun 28, 2004  at  04:25 PM
I definitely get more than my fair share of strange emails.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Mon Jun 28, 2004  at  05:58 PM
If I understood it right, he kind of says he was eight years enclosed on his bedroom (it's a Japanese social disadjustement phenomenon, "hikikomori"). He also yells at his mother many times and says he will strip off his clothes by request (for money). I don't know, this could be a parody or something. My Japanese is not good, so I may have not got it right.
I searched the site, and this is the page for the show:
With a link for a broadband stream of the video:
Posted by Mori  on  Mon Jun 28, 2004  at  07:07 PM
If anyone remembers the Marx Brothers movie "Duck Soup", Harpo also removed his clothes in one second too. LOL
Posted by DebM  in  MN  on  Wed Jul 21, 2004  at  12:40 AM