'Solar Armor' freezes man in Nevada Desert, 1874
The Cottingley Fairies, 1917
Loch Ness Monster Hoaxes
The Sandpaper Test, 1960
Script of Casablanca rejected, 1982
What do the lines on Solo cups mean?
Eccentric's last prank, 66 years after his death, 1900
The Nobody For President Campaign, 1940 to Present
Tourist Guy 9/11 Hoax, Sep 2001
Van Gogh's ear exhibited, 1935
Faces In Stuff Slideshow
The BBC has a slideshow of various faces seen in stuff, including the recent Underpass Mary, the Virgin Mary Grilled Cheese Sandwich, and the Chapati Jesus.
Categories: Religion
Posted by The Curator on Mon Apr 25, 2005
1. I don't see it
2. They stole my joke :(
3. It's George Micheal, he doesn't like half his face either.
4. That's Nanna Miskori (sp)
5. If that's jesus he's not very happy about something!
6. Che Guevara (sp)
7. Skeletor
8. No comment, see turin Shroud thread
9. What am I supposed to be looking at?
10. I don't speak arabic
Posted by Sharruma  in  capable of finishing a coherent  on  Mon Apr 25, 2005  at  11:01 PM
I just wander how these people can claim it is Jesus's face, or the Virgin Mary since we have no idea what they lloked like.....What if it is a ghost name BoB....Or your neighbor, Fred who just passed away....
Posted by X  in  McKinney, TX  on  Tue Apr 26, 2005  at  09:49 AM
Imagine someone 150 years in the future coming across that...they'd really think we were stupid & backwards.
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Tue Apr 26, 2005  at  10:56 AM
I had chapatis last night, maybe I should have looked at them closer. Oh no, maybe I ate God.
Posted by Winona  in  USA  on  Tue Apr 26, 2005  at  11:00 AM
Ahh, Megan... and how right they would be smile
Posted by Peter  in  London  on  Tue Apr 26, 2005  at  11:31 AM
In general, they are called pareidolias.
In the specific cases of rocks (boulders, minerals, etc.), they are called mimetoliths.
Posted by the legend  in  Las Vegas  on  Mon May 02, 2005  at  10:21 AM
Metaphysical mimetoliths on Crete. The Muse, Zeus, Jesus, Pythagoris, Artimis amonst others.
to see stills from this art documentary visit...
Posted by Algis Kemezys  in  Montreal  on  Mon Jul 03, 2006  at  12:11 PM