Old-Time Photo Fakery, 1900 to 1919
Use your left ear to detect lies
The Case of the Vanishing Belly Button, 1964
A black lion: real or fake?
Fake Photos of Very Large Animals
Did Paul McCartney die on Nov. 9, 1966?
Bonsai Kittens, 2000
Adolf Hitler Baby Photo Hoax, 1933
The Crown Prince Regent of Thulia, 1954
Did Poe say 'The best things in life make you sweaty'?
Face of Christ in Painting
image I received this email yesterday from an artist requesting my opinion. Feel free to leave your own opinion in the comments:

Being an artist, in August of 1996 I painted a picture.
It was supposed to be a simple picture of a large cross on a white background.
The picture is 24 x 30. The two axis of the cross are 11.5 inches wide.
Roughly 28 x 22.5. The cross was made by taking a pallet of mixed colors of paint and with one vertical and one horizontal swipe nothing more.

When the paint dried you could "I would say" clearly see the face of Christ on the cross. I was so afraid I put the picture away and in the last 8 years have only showed it to several of my friends. Please give me your honest input on what you see in and think about my picture.
You can either call or email me back.

This is no joke.

Warmest Regards,
DiMarcia (Dee) Ancrum

(Click on the image to enlarge it. I had to trim it down significantly because the image file was huge... 3.3MB)
Categories: Art, Religion
Posted by The Curator on Mon Jan 17, 2005
You're crazy. People like you are all crazy. If you thought you saw the face of christ in a peice of crap you'd worship it. Stop obsessing. It's not a sign, it's not a blessing, it's not a miracle, it's paint. Get a life.
Posted by Chris  on  Wed Aug 03, 2005  at  10:29 PM
I am artist painter also, and I think the artist make the works first for himself and after for the public , and if we can , make a exhibition to give to people a message, and at list to sell for continues painting, or dosen,t make the same thing, Michel Angelo, Leonardo Da Vinci, etcc..
Posted by hebe beatriz alioto  in  buenos aires argentina  on  Thu Aug 04, 2005  at  11:26 AM
It's not there, i don't see anything.
Posted by Amicus  on  Fri Oct 14, 2005  at  12:47 PM
All you people are crazy, I don't believe you can't see Christ on the cross. Look closer he's the one with the dreads and he's holding a beer (import I think).
Posted by morningwood  on  Mon Mar 06, 2006  at  09:12 AM
smile D, After many times looking at the picture I never saw the image. Until today. It's been 56 days since you've been gone and after thinking about you I had to look once more. I see it D!!! I just wish you were here so I could tell you. I love you and I miss you so much. For the rest of you......I am the artist sister and my brother was a wonderful artist his works will always be cherished by his family and friends and one day be view all over the world. RIP DiMarcia love your little sis Tae'
Posted by Ce Shante Ancrum  on  Wed Jul 11, 2007  at  04:49 PM
Thank you for sharing the image. At first I didn"t see anything but the horrible one leering behind the cross; however suddenly I saw Christ's face at the Center of the Cross. It is rather like God is. Some can look right at him and be blind and some see the evil but fail to see the Lord in the center.
Posted by Parks  on  Sat Jun 28, 2008  at  10:18 PM
I see a mild-mannered looking male face in the middle. But it's just simulacra, the phenomena of the brain picking structure out of chaos.
Posted by decorators manchester  in  uas  on  Tue Mar 09, 2010  at  11:33 PM
Hey Dee,

Are you still scared of looking at this picture? It is time you changed to a better medication or a facility
Posted by LP  in  India  on  Sun Feb 27, 2011  at  01:19 AM
Comments: Page 3 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3