Elephants On Acid Put To Bed
Wow! It's been almost a month since I posted. Last time I posted, I thought that work on my next book was winding down. That turned out to be overly optimistic. I still had a lot of work to do, but now it truly is all done. The manuscript has been sent to my publisher.

Meanwhile, thanks to Flora for keeping this place running while I took a leave of absence!

As proof that I really have been working on a book, the book itself -- Elephants On Acid: and Other Bizarre Experiments -- is now listed on Amazon, although it will only be in stores in October or November. Also, from what I understand, the cover that you see on the Amazon page is not the actual cover. It's just a placeholder. The design department hasn't finished work on the real cover yet.

The book is not about hoaxes at all. It's about, as the subtitle suggests, bizarre scientific experiments. Here's the advertising blurb that the publisher wrote about it:
When Tusko the Elephant woke in his pen at the Lincoln Park Zoo on the morning of August 3, 1962, little did he know that he was about to become the test subject in an experiment to determine what happens to an elephant given a massive dose of LSD.
In Elephants on Acid, Alex Boese reveals to readers the results of not only this scientific trial but of scores of other outrageous, amusing, and provocative experiments found in the files of modern science.
Why can't people tickle themselves? Will babies instinctually pick a well-balanced diet? Will the average dog get help in an emergency? Is it possible to restore life to the dead? Read Elephants on Acid and find out!
Miscellaneous
Posted by The Curator on Fri Apr 13, 2007 Comments (14)
Hey Alex
Good to see you back!

Who are you again?

Seriously though, I've been meaning to ask
am I still able to get a copy of your first book
through you?
Posted by Sharruma  in  capable of finishing a coherent  on  Fri Apr 13, 2007  at  02:32 PM
The real truth is that the alien robot Alex malfunctioned and they had to send to the home planet to get a replacement part.
Posted by zoo  on  Fri Apr 13, 2007  at  03:44 PM
There's probably no point in me saying again how excited I am about the book as you already know - I've told you enough times!

Oh, what the heck.
Yay grin
Posted by Nettie  in  Perth, Western Australia  on  Fri Apr 13, 2007  at  06:47 PM
Ooh, this book sounds really good. Glad to see you back, Alex, and congratulations on finishing it.
Posted by Archibold  on  Fri Apr 13, 2007  at  07:09 PM
Hi Sharruma,
Yeah, I still have paperback copies of my first book. If you're set up with paypal, you could just paypal me $15, and I'll send you one.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Sat Apr 14, 2007  at  12:44 AM
*Does a happy dance at the prospect of a new book*
Posted by Smerk  in  to mischief  on  Sat Apr 14, 2007  at  03:06 AM
Elephants on Acid Put to Bed? Well that's just plain ridiculous, they'd never fall asleep!
Posted by andychrist  on  Sat Apr 14, 2007  at  04:39 PM
Congratulations on finishing the book, and welcome back! smile
Posted by Madmouse  in  Edinburgh  on  Sat Apr 14, 2007  at  05:21 PM
Yay!!!

Time to put your feet up, relax, and plan the nest book, lol
Posted by thunder  in  England  on  Sat Apr 14, 2007  at  08:03 PM
hmm
I think I do have a paypal account, but I haven't used it for years. This might be fun smile

Assuming I get it working, or I set up a new account. What addy do I send it to?

I'll most likely want your latest book too when thats available smile
Posted by Sharruma  in  capable of finishing a coherent  on  Sat Apr 14, 2007  at  08:20 PM
Well, at least you've finished.This means a lot of new posts!Yay! Perhaps your idea for 70 tall-tale creatures will work out
Posted by J  on  Sun Apr 15, 2007  at  12:39 PM
Okay, so how do we go about getting signed copies? hmmmmm?
Posted by Tru  in  Other Words  on  Tue Apr 17, 2007  at  03:24 PM
Awesome, i can't wait to read it. I only got Hipp Eats Dwarf today! I'm up to page 143 so far and its really good! My mum was laughing about the Poesies and their 'son' the cabbage patch kid. lol
Posted by Savannah  in  Newcastle, Australia  on  Thu Apr 19, 2007  at  04:03 AM
Hey Alex... welcome back - good to see you smile
Posted by oppiejoe  in  Michigan - USA  on  Fri Apr 20, 2007  at  09:57 AM
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.