Rare planetary alignment decreases gravity, 1976
The Hoaxing Hitchhiker, 1941
BMW's April Fool's Day Hoaxes
Swiss peasants harvest spaghetti from trees, 1957
Bonsai Kittens, 2000
The Gallery of Fake Viral Images
Easy Millionaire Question
I'm a pretty loyal 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' viewer. It usually comes on after I'm done with dinner and I'm too lazy to get up, so I just sit there watching it. I've seen some viewers get some very easy questions wrong on the show, but I'd find it hard to believe that anyone would really need help on this question. I'm guessing that either the question has been changed in this screenshot, or answer B has been altered to make it the obvious choice.
image
Categories: Entertainment, Photos/Videos
Posted by The Curator on Wed Mar 30, 2005
The "name" of your sun? It's "Ra..." As in : Ra oul. That is why I am here. To warm the women. To feed them, nurture them, allow them to grow, and one day, open their petals of love to me, Raoul, The Gardener of Love
Posted by Raoul  on  Wed Mar 30, 2005  at  08:53 PM
Aaah. That explains why Raoul is so impotent. Little known fact that the less followers a god has, the less power he has, until eventually he fades away. Maybe we need to start actively ignoring Raoul? wink
Posted by Smerk  in  to mischief  on  Wed Mar 30, 2005  at  09:08 PM
Worry no more, for when Raoul's Chariot of Fire is returned to him in 2 days, as promised, I will embark on Raoul's Pyschic Gangster Of Love Saucy Aussie Tour, to help promote Earl J. Llama's new film: "DL 2- Deep Llamas Down Under", musical score by Barnacle Billy and The Platonic Solids, and shall not return again until your solstice. I hope that has given you comfort
Posted by Raoul  on  Wed Mar 30, 2005  at  09:27 PM
I was told "My Very Earth Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas" smile
Posted by afdsfsfs  on  Thu Mar 31, 2005  at  05:01 AM
My Earth Science teacher taught us: Mary's Violet Eyes Make Johnny Stay Up Nights Planning.

I played that Simpsons game and got all the answers right, now how do I claim my one million pounds? Beginning to think it's just a big HOAX!
Posted by andychrist  on  Thu Mar 31, 2005  at  02:24 PM
The most common name for our sun is "Sol" not "Ra"
Posted by somebody  on  Thu Mar 31, 2005  at  04:27 PM
Actually, the most common name for our sun is THE SUN.
Posted by Rod  in  the land of smarties.  on  Thu Mar 31, 2005  at  04:52 PM
True Rod,

But only because of humans misunderstanding practically everything they think they know. Every light in the night sky is a "Sun", it's all dependant on your point of reference. Calling it "The Sun" somehow implies that it's the only one, or best one??? It's name technically is "Sol". Anyone who calls it "The Sun" is technically right also, because their point of view (our solar system) makes it "The Sun." But a more accurate way of putting it would be to say the the most common "label" for our central star is "The Sun." The most common name for our central star would be "Sol" I would guess... since currently we (humans) are the only ones referring to it with language... that we know of anyway! Hope all this useless information contributed towards the general static of useless information made available to all the universe... by with which they might someday judge our value and worthiness of continuation...

PS - Where the hell is Hairy. When I start to ramble incoherently it's a sure sign I'm not getting my Houdini fixes...
Posted by Mark-N-Isa  in  Midwest USA  on  Thu Mar 31, 2005  at  05:13 PM
According to the astronomy website from Cornell, the usage of Ra and Sol are purely poetic licence.

The actual name is some series of numbers. I left the link in a previous post, but it's not working right now, it says the database server is down, or I'd quote it.

However, Wikipedia says that the sun is sometimes referred to as Sol.

I myself take the university's word over wikipedia's.

Calling it 'The Sun' is the same (according to Cornell) as calling the moon 'The Moon', because they are the ones closest and most important to planet Earth, and therefore deserving of the original capitalised name, because, technically, they were the first of each recognized as such by the human race.
Posted by Rod  in  the land of smarties.  on  Thu Mar 31, 2005  at  05:34 PM
"Sol" is "sun" in Spanish and Italian (and probably some of the other Romance languages). "Sun" is "sun" in English.
Is that clear?

Calling any other star a "sun" or a calling a satellite of any other planet a "moon" is merely making an analogy to our Sun and our Moon (the ones closest to Earth, or "Terra" for those of you who prefer Italian), and always requires some modifier to avoid confusion, e.g. "the suns in the Crab Nebula," or "the moons of Saturn."
Posted by Big Gary C  in  Dallas, Texas  on  Mon Apr 04, 2005  at  12:59 PM
and thats all big g has to say about that.
Posted by X  in  McKinney, TX  on  Mon Apr 04, 2005  at  01:09 PM
Hey guys! Did you know that A copy Who Wants To Be A Millionaire is on air on Indian TV. Thay have change the name to KON BANEGA CAROREPATI.
Posted by lianda  in  location  on  Tue Dec 06, 2005  at  01:30 PM
Comments: Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2