The Cottingley Fairies, 1917
Jean Gauntt, the Immortal Baby, 1939
September Morn, the painting that shocked the censor, 1913
Princess Caraboo, servant girl who became a princess, 1817
Life discovered on the moon, 1835
Boy floats away in balloon, 2009
Downloading Communism
image Jelena sent in the image to the right, asking "Americans do have a reputation, but this can't be for real, can it?" By real, I assume she means--is the RIAA really distributing this poster? The answer is no. Looking at the fine print on the side of the image, I can see that it's author was modernhumorist.com.
Categories: Law/Police/Crime, Photos/Videos
Posted by The Curator on Thu Sep 08, 2005
LOL

This is a few years old. I printed it off the net quite a long time ago and turned it into a fridge magnet. smile
Posted by Winona  in  USA  on  Fri Sep 09, 2005  at  01:50 AM
Heh, that was my avatar on yahoo messenger for a while.
Posted by Citizen Premier  in  spite of public outcry  on  Fri Sep 09, 2005  at  05:57 AM
After all, there is an "I" in communism and a "me" in team, if you re-arrange the letters.
Posted by Soldant  on  Fri Sep 09, 2005  at  06:34 AM
lmao, not sure what is funnier, the image or the fact that RIAA has used such gestapo like tactics in the past that it makes it almost believable that they would use this sort of image.
Posted by Chuck  in  Rhode Island  on  Fri Sep 09, 2005  at  10:09 AM
Poor clueless Jelena. Not only has this image been around for years, it's been a popular t-shirt. Hell, one of the pseudo-comedians on VH1's 'I Love random Decade/Show About Last Week" circuit wore it during the filming of about a dozen segments.

When you're far enough out of the loop that you're not hip to the fashion of d-list celebs slumming on VH1, it's time to come out of your igloo and get cable.

I'm guessing from the silly "Americans" comment that Jelena is from the great state of Canadia?
Posted by Barghest  on  Fri Sep 09, 2005  at  09:48 PM
I'd never seen it before - but if I had seen it, I'm sure I would have noticed the website address on it. I don't have cable, but I have general reasoning skills.
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Sun Sep 11, 2005  at  07:15 AM
I first saw this a few years ago, and I love it! It seems to have been done by someone who must have majored in "propaganda posters of the mid-twentieth century"; it's a very professional job grin
Posted by eovti  in  Sandefjord, Norway  on  Sun Sep 11, 2005  at  04:43 PM
Interestingly, this bears very strong similarities to some recent Paranoia XP (a role-playing game parodying dystopic sci-fi) plot elements.
Posted by Walden  on  Fri Sep 29, 2006  at  03:06 AM