Life discovered on the moon, 1835
Rachael Ray cooks her family and her dog
Jernegan's Gold Accumulator Scam, 1898
The Berners Street Hoax, 1810
Pierre Brassau, Monkey Artist, 1964
Mule elected G.O.P. committeeman, 1938
Bizarre pictographs of Emmanuel Domenech, 1860
What do the lines on Solo cups mean?
The Man-Eating Tree of Madagascar Hoax, 1874
Female thieves hide money in their bras, 1950
Do you really need to go?
image When workers in Eston Town Hall went to the bathroom, they were surprised to find a sign with the following message posted in the lavatories:
Think Green. Think Safe.
Do you really need to go?
Toilets and sinks account for approximately 75% of the water used in workplaces. It is important for all of us to do more to save water, both to protect our world's natural resources and to lower the economic impact of wasteful water usage.
Staff members complained that they thought this was taking environmentalism to an extreme. But some investigation revealed that the signs were a prank. The identity of the prankster is unknown.

So the signs were a joke, but I have read serious proposals asking people not whether they really need to go, but whether they really need to flush so often. It's the old "If it's yellow, mellow; if it's brown, flush it down" advice. And there's quite a bit of research into creating urine-separating toilets, that would prevent the need to flush urine into the sewage system.
Categories: Pranks
Posted by The Curator on Sun Jun 17, 2007
I don't know about the rest of you, but using a public restroom (by this, I mean ANY toilet besides your own) is a prettynasty proposal in the first place. The idea of not flushing and leaving your load for the next persons viewing pleasure is sick in and of itself, but to BE that "next" person, and sit on the crapper with the idea that if your payload lands wrong the other one below is splashing right back up on ya' is EVEN more disgusting. I say "Flush it when you're done with it ya' sick bastards"...
Posted by Christopher  in  Joplin, Missouri  on  Sun Jun 17, 2007  at  08:36 AM
In public...I can't use a toilet w/ anything left in it. Since there are no lids to close, there's nothing between myself & the germs being shoved into the air when I push the flusher. I "flush & run" though when I'm finished.
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Sun Jun 17, 2007  at  12:48 PM
Certain vitamins and other such are eliminated every time you "go" so, what we need to do is find a way to seperate and recycle them in order to save the environment.
Posted by Christopher Cole  in  Tucson, AZ  on  Sun Jun 17, 2007  at  05:42 PM
One time, back in high school, I was having an asthma attack. I didn't like taking my inhaler in front of other people, so I went to the bathroom to take it. What I saw in there is still burned into my memory.

It looked like someone had exploding diarrhea in there. It was all over the seat, in the toilet, on the walls, on the floor, on the flusher itself. I'm not sure if it was really crap, or barf, or someone's idea of a prank (I hope so) but I ended up losing my lunch in the next stall... So disgusting.
Posted by Sakano  in  Ohio  on  Sun Jun 17, 2007  at  08:55 PM
Where can I get copies of that sign?
Posted by WileECoyote  on  Tue Jun 19, 2007  at  01:13 PM
Honestly, if you didn't really need to go, would you be going to a public loo in the first place? They're manky - and trying to actually find one that's open is harder than finding the Holy Grail - in London, anyway.

And besides, what about all those scientists a while back who said we had to be sure to flush everytime cos unflushed loos were the primary source of illness-causing bacteria in the home?
Posted by Nona  in  London  on  Thu Jun 21, 2007  at  08:57 AM
I dunno about you but I think there's no point in holdin it in - when you gotta go, you gotta go ....even if public loos are skanky...
Posted by Anonymous  in  England  on  Mon Jul 20, 2009  at  03:57 PM