The Cottingley Fairies, 1917
The Gallery of Fake Viral Images
The Berners Street Hoax, 1810
The Case of the Vanishing Belly Button, 1964
Bonsai Kittens, 2000
Van Gogh's ear exhibited, 1935
Colorful Coastal Village
This looks like it would be a great place to visit.

It's Cinque Terre in Italy. Unfortunately, it's not quite so colorful in real life. (via City Comforts)

Categories: Photos/Videos, Places
Posted by The Curator on Wed May 07, 2008
High dynamic range? HDR photography is getting pretty popular, it looks like it to me...

Here is some of Chicago in HDR

Its definitely some pretty cool looking stuff
Posted by Andrew  on  Wed May 07, 2008  at  02:44 AM
yeah, I was gonna say it looks like they just really upped the color contrast. It's *still* a beautifully colorful little city, just make it so any color is amped up, and you've got a riot of color.

I probably wouldn't mind visiting there.
Posted by Robin Bobcat  in  Californian Wierdo  on  Wed May 07, 2008  at  04:50 AM
I prefer the more muted tones - the brighter colours would give me a headache,especially on a sunny day. And yes, it looks lovely to visit
Posted by Nona  on  Wed May 07, 2008  at  08:38 AM
All it needs to match the picture is a few hundred buckets of paint.
Posted by Big Gary  in  Palo Pinto, Texas  on  Wed May 07, 2008  at  06:33 PM
This is actually Manarola (Cinque Terre is the term used to refer to the 5 towns in this area, Manarola being the second most eastern)
Posted by s  on  Wed May 07, 2008  at  06:44 PM
I have visited 3 of the 5 of these towns. My mom, sister and I ate homemade foccacca pizza and gelato as well as swam off those big rocks you see in the picture, into the bay. It is even more beautiful in real life, and extremely authentic Italy. If you have a chance to visit, I would recommend it a hundred times over.
Posted by claire Christie  on  Tue Aug 10, 2010  at  05:51 PM