Coke vs. Pepsi
According to the Independent, researchers have proven that the difference between Coke and Pepsi really is all in your head. Apparently the popularity of Coke's brand image causes people to think Coca-Cola itself tastes better, even though it really doesn't taste very different from Pepsi. As the article says: "When asked to taste blind, they showed no preference. However, when the participants were shown company logos before they drank, the Coke label, the more famous of the two, had a dramatic impact: three-quarters of the tasters declared they preferred Coke." I've long suspected this. Personally I can't taste any difference between Coke and Pepsi, but I have a friend who swears passionately that there's a huge difference. Now I can show him this research to prove that he's simply been brainwashed by advertising. Oh, and the Pepsi Taste Test also turns out to be nothing but hot air: "The findings suggest there is no scientific basis for claims made during the Pepsi ad campaign in which testers purportedly chose Pepsi over Coke when they were not told what they were drinking."
AdvertisingFood
Posted by The Curator on Tue Oct 19, 2004 Comments (301)
Kool well this is my science project and but me personallyi cant indentify the different taste between coke and pepsi
big surprise
Posted by maidah  in  miami  on  Tue Sep 12, 2006  at  06:37 PM
pepsi sucks. coke rocks.
Posted by Balvinder  in  Bangladesh  on  Sat Sep 23, 2006  at  11:08 AM
I'm a full fledged Pepsiholic! It's my coffee! I love the taste over Coke all the way. I've been drinking Pepsi for as long as I can remember. I have had a Coke, now and then, but I definitely prefer Pepsi! Good stuff!!
Posted by Robin Bianco  in  Pittsburgh, PA  on  Wed Oct 04, 2006  at  12:00 PM
LOL I love coke! and PEPSI... so yeah coke is worse than pepsi because pepsi has high sugar and low carbonation...and coke has high carbonation and low sugar... meaning that pepsi is better
Posted by Ryan Michelle  in  West johnston high school  on  Tue Oct 10, 2006  at  10:26 AM
I like Pepsi and Coke but i say that Pepesi tatse better than coke because of the flavor. Plus i can tell the tatse between them, currently im doing a science project on this to get the great picture on it. ANyway it doesnt''t really matter about which taste better, i mean why are they fighting.. Atleast they are both making money..
Posted by Jacque Horton  in  Florida  on  Tue Oct 17, 2006  at  02:26 PM
PEPSI RULZ! smile
Posted by Annie  in  NZ  on  Sun Nov 12, 2006  at  03:37 AM
hey i can't tell the difference between coke and pepsi. to me they are all the same!
Posted by melanie  in  davis middle school  on  Wed Nov 15, 2006  at  02:16 PM
utter bullshit, i can definately taste the difference, and yes, ive taken blind taste tests all the time, and i can accurately tell the difference between coke, pepsi, sams cola, dr pepper, dr thunder, etc etc etc

i hate it when ppl say you cant tell the difference, i sure can.

pepsi SUCKS coke rocks.
Posted by inferno  on  Fri Nov 24, 2006  at  03:11 AM
Coke is better than pepsi because:
1.It was invented first (1886 baby, yeah!)
2.It tastes way better
3.it has a bitchin logo
4.It has an amazing song "do do do do do always coca cola yeah!"...sorry...couldn't help myself...
5.It doesn't go flat as quick as pepsi
6.it is sweeter
7. It has a better after taste
8. The polar bears are just cute.
9. It's traditional and brings Old and new generations together. My grandma and I can sit on the patio and drink Coke and talk about how she use to drink Coke with her grandma. So, the history itself is greater than "Pepsi" so yeah...
There....now go have a Coke and A smile
Posted by Mikael  in  redlands  on  Sat Nov 25, 2006  at  05:06 PM
I agree coke is better. But I find pepsi tastes sweeter which is why I hate it. It copied coke, and does every single thing they do the exact same and at the same time, and like someone said before, Coke commercials are inspirational, while pepsi just bashes coke and tries to make themselves look better because they copied what coke has. I bet they go and study how much money coke makes on a certain product, and if the coca cola company made alot of money for it, they will create the same thing and bash cokes version of the drink that they had first invented.
Posted by Gary  on  Mon Dec 11, 2006  at  04:05 AM
omg!! are you serious pepsi is sooo much better than coke [in my opinion]. i just think coke is too fruity tasting and not enough soda-tasting [if that makes sense].
Posted by Khaneisha  on  Tue Dec 19, 2006  at  10:07 PM
I've always drank coke and last week, I drank a can of Pepsi (thinking there was little difference). WRONG! I get no kick from Pepsi, drinking it was like drinking SUGAR WATER. PEPSI SUCKS, period.
Posted by Jessica  on  Sun Dec 31, 2006  at  11:29 PM
Pepsi is way better than Coke. Coke has way too much gas.
Posted by Christine  in  www.yahoo .com  on  Wed Jan 10, 2007  at  08:59 PM
Pepsi has more calories per serving, because it has more sugar. It is noticably sweeter, tarter, and less carbonated.
Generally, i go for Coke, although I enjoy Pepsi with pizza for some reason.
Posted by doot  on  Mon Jan 22, 2007  at  09:40 AM
i think that coke is better than pepsi and i did a science fair progect and the people thought coke is better than pepsi and i only had 2 people to think pepsi is better than coke. And the people said,The more i drink coke it is better than pepsi. but the other people said the more i drink pepsi i like it better and the fact is that coke is better than pepsi.
Posted by kameron comans  on  Sun Jan 28, 2007  at  04:47 PM
help!!!!!!!!!
i am also doing a science expariment and this is my first time
im doing a project and i need it done by MARCH 1, 2007
i need other uses of pepsi , how ur taste buds react when u drink pepsi and coke and rc !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllpppppppppp
Posted by olivia  in  new york  on  Wed Feb 21, 2007  at  11:48 AM
i canot tell the difference between pepsi and coke cuz they both taste the same
so y do you people fight on whether it is the same or different
they r both the same
geeze!!!!!!
shesh!!!!!!
and y r u even fighting when there is no difference except that they r two different products and one is in a red can the other is in a blue can!!!!!!!
you people r so imature when u fight like "o pepsi commmercials r dissing coke because they r desperate cuz coke makes more money "
shesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> <
=^_^=

peace out
confused
Posted by project  in  my house  on  Wed Feb 21, 2007  at  01:09 PM
I cannot believe what a bunch of liars there are commenting on here.

I've seen several clinical studies done and participated in two of them. These are done with 1 ounce small cups of Pepsi and Coke, six of each, for a total of 12 samples. Between each sample a small cracker is eaten to clear the palate. In every study, fewer than 6% of people were able to figure out which drink was which.

The one I remember most clearly was one I actually got tested in myself, in which only 2 people out of 47 were able to pick out which drink was which. In fact, one of the two missed one. No one else was even close. In ever other instance, the 45 people tested missed 4 or more guesses as to which product they were drinking at the time.

This was a blind test, in which the small cups were labeled only with numbers corresponding to what was in the cup, the numbers and types of course kept out of view.

Also, Pepsi does NOT have more sugar, Coke has some 10 to 12 percent more sugar/syrup than Pepsi does.

Get educated about a product before you go posting.
Posted by fraNkMinion  in  Nebraska  on  Sat Feb 24, 2007  at  03:08 PM
well i think pepsi is better.

so burn.
Posted by Jen  in  Canada  on  Mon Feb 26, 2007  at  01:26 PM
to me pepsi is better than coke. It is less sweeter and has less gas. The reason why i think that people preffer coke over pepsi is because it gives them a sugar rush because of all the caffeine.
Posted by nirvana hetfield  in  el paso tx  on  Tue Mar 20, 2007  at  03:46 PM
April,2007
::::::: TRY THIS EXPERIMENT::::::::::

I Always Always get a metallic, stale, too sweet, syrupy taste. I prefer PEPSI, IF I HAD TO CHOOSE , Because I do not drink soda very often. But I did just do the PEPSI VS. COKE challange, by lableing the bottom of two identicle cups and then pouring one of each then switching them around.******* PEPSI WINS.******* I did this 5 times, only once did I choose coke. Do It YourSELF!!!!! If your of age, try the same with MILLER LITE VS. BUD LIGHT- Bud light IS STALE AND HAS TWICE THE AMOUNT OF CARBS>>>>>> MILLER LITE ACTUALLY HAS FLAVOR TO IT AND HAS HALF THE CARBS> DID THIS 5 TIMES TOO AND MILLER WON EVERYTIME!!!!!!!
Posted by Keily  in  MN  on  Wed Apr 18, 2007  at  10:01 AM
SORRY..... THE STALE< SYRUPY> METALLIC> TOO SWEET TASTE WAS COKE YA'll. In case ya'll didn't catch that from my last blog.. Sorry!!
Posted by Keily  in  MN  on  Wed Apr 18, 2007  at  10:07 AM
I find that Coke and Pepsi both leave a bad after taste in my mouth. To the point that I can not drink either of them. I have no problem with other soda flavors just these two.
Posted by Tom  in  Crossville, TN  on  Wed Apr 18, 2007  at  08:28 PM
ok let's get to the bottom of this crazy bodacious concept. It is only the image of a Advertising. Now after a hard days work, you sit down and your dying of thirst, the best thing to frink in this situation would be coke. Coke was the original! And when someone tells me a fully written or typed paragraph explaing why Pepsi is better that coke maybe ill change my mind.Wait no i wont because coke is better. Also, dont give me that freckin Hydrochloric crap! i don't want to hear it.
Thankyou
cp
Posted by connor  on  Thu Apr 26, 2007  at  06:22 PM
pepsi tastes like watered down coke to me. but i drink whatevers near me.
Posted by dan  on  Mon Apr 30, 2007  at  10:12 PM
i think that pepsi is well i am just gonna tell the truth everyone knows that pepsi coppied coke!! this is very true and i am very angry about it cuz coke is the better of the two pepsi is well... just plane stupid i am very mad when i see pepsi sings because coke is the all time best ((cooler name, cooler design, made way before pepsi and its just way cooler!!)) GO COKE!!!!!!
Posted by **coke lover**  in  american fork  on  Wed May 09, 2007  at  12:53 AM
That research is stupid. There really is difference between coke and pepsi. Diet pepsi is absolutely disgusting. Take the pepsi challenge...guarantee you will also get the same drink everytime you take depending on your preference. Its not advertising...its taste. And from location to location the taste is different...I dont know about west coast vs. east coast, but country to country the drinks taste really different.

Drink diet coke...so much better!
Posted by R  in  los angeles, CA  on  Thu May 10, 2007  at  12:08 PM
I am srry but i hate pepsi..((for all you pepsi lovers)) its stupid they basically copied coke and so if you like pepsi better than coke, you obviously dont know a whole lot!!!! coke has a frickin awesome logo, it taste a lot better, and they made it first. Someone once sayd that pepsi is for sissies, well its true if you want to be reall cool than drink coke!!!! COKE ALL THE WAY !!!!!!
Posted by **coke lover**  in  american fork  on  Thu May 10, 2007  at  08:17 PM
I am srry but i hate Coke..((for all you Coke lovers)) its stupid they basically copied Dr Pepper and so if you like Coke better than Dr Pepper, you obviously dont know a whole lot!!!! Dr Pepper has a frickin awesome logo, it taste a lot better, and they made it first. Someone once sayd that Coke is for sissies, well its true if you want to be reall cool than drink Dr Pepper!!!! DR PEPPER ALL THE WAY !!!!!!

And it's true, Dr Pepper did come out the year before Coca-Cola. wink
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Fri May 11, 2007  at  11:38 AM
Put same substances in bottles that are couloured differently. They will not taste the same.
Posted by Stan  in  Belgium  on  Fri May 25, 2007  at  01:02 PM
Comments: Page 4 of 11 pages ‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 >  Last ›
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.