Coke vs. Pepsi
According to the Independent, researchers have proven that the difference between Coke and Pepsi really is all in your head. Apparently the popularity of Coke's brand image causes people to think Coca-Cola itself tastes better, even though it really doesn't taste very different from Pepsi. As the article says: "When asked to taste blind, they showed no preference. However, when the participants were shown company logos before they drank, the Coke label, the more famous of the two, had a dramatic impact: three-quarters of the tasters declared they preferred Coke." I've long suspected this. Personally I can't taste any difference between Coke and Pepsi, but I have a friend who swears passionately that there's a huge difference. Now I can show him this research to prove that he's simply been brainwashed by advertising. Oh, and the Pepsi Taste Test also turns out to be nothing but hot air: "The findings suggest there is no scientific basis for claims made during the Pepsi ad campaign in which testers purportedly chose Pepsi over Coke when they were not told what they were drinking."
Categories: AdvertisingFood
Posted by The Curator on Tue Oct 19, 2004
we are starting our project and ours is who could taste soda better boys or girls?between coke & pepsi,we are doing about 5 boys & girls, but the problem is that pepsi tastes just like coke.
brenda angulo
Posted by brenda  in  phoenix  on  Thu Dec 01, 2005  at  10:17 AM
I perfer pepsi but i dont even drink soda any more. My mom cant live without her daily pepsi thought, but now it is Vinilla Pepsi. I am a water girl myself.
Posted by Lindsey  in  Washington  on  Sun Dec 04, 2005  at  03:33 PM
Pepsi is good and so is coke but RC RULZ!! lol LOL
Posted by Libs  in  dfs  on  Wed Dec 14, 2005  at  12:33 PM
Every person who prefers coke over pepsi is an idiot and full of shit. Pepsi is way better
Posted by Jordan "The Great"  in  magnolia, Delaware  on  Fri Dec 16, 2005  at  10:19 AM
I personally think that coke and pepsi taste the same, I used to have a favorite but I dont now, cuz come to think of it it tastes the same. Im doing my science project on whether or not you CAN tell the difference between coke and pepsi. Some people say coke has more fizz or some people say that pepsi tastes way more better and coke is flat. I think its all a matter of whats going on in your head. I think there is no difference.

~Sammie, I love Khlab~
Posted by Samantha Hatt  in  Wyoming  on  Mon Dec 19, 2005  at  01:31 PM
I have drank both coke and pepsi and have other friends the real difference is that for those people who get migrains or sever headachs seem to get them more often if they drink pepsi but less often with coke. Now before you try to say it is the package you should know i am blind and dont "see" any difference they are both round cans one no more distinct than the other
Posted by virginia smith  in  NJ  on  Fri Dec 23, 2005  at  09:51 AM
The acid in your stomache is a lot stonger than coke or pepsi i have heard oh coke will eat through raw hamberger and rust but i am still alive after 35yrs and i almost unfortunitly because it is more expensive go through a case a week
Posted by virginia smith  in  NJ  on  Fri Dec 23, 2005  at  10:14 AM
I totally agree with this article. Those of you who think that it's incorrect should really try a blind taste test. I'm convinced that most cannot tell the difference between the two sodas.. heck even the generic sodas taste the same. There are such things as 'SUPERTASTERS'... most of us are not.. there are those who can.. Out of my class of 40 only 2 could tell the difference in a blind taste test.
Posted by Jessika  in  Wisconsin  on  Sun Dec 25, 2005  at  02:11 AM
Coke rules!!!!Even tho i still drink pepsi from time to time I would say that coke is way better.Pepsi is a copy cat copying every little thig that coke does and then goes and makes fun of them.Hello pepsi if you make fun or dis the company that you copy all of your ideas from it is like you are dising your self.And I was talkin to one of my friends and he said that he drank pepsi once and he thew up.
Posted by Coke girl 4 ever  on  Tue Dec 27, 2005  at  01:15 PM
man there is a huge difference. pepsi sucks and coke rules! and i've asked for coke in restaurants and they sometimes give me pepsi and i notice right away. and when i ask them what it is they will say pepsi. mad
Posted by me  on  Tue Jan 10, 2006  at  03:23 PM
Everyone should be able to tell the differnce...because Pepsi is smoother and taste much better....Coke is to corse and taste like crap..all of my friends and my boyfriend and family can tell the diff.
<3britt..
Posted by Briitany  in  School  on  Fri Jan 13, 2006  at  02:08 PM
Pepsi tastes like water. Coke has more fiz, and a more distinctive taste. Some people say the only reason Coke is popular is its ad's, but no matter how great the ad, if the product sucks...no one is gonna buy it. Pepsi relies on making Coke look stupid in their ads...Pepsi...you suck cola ass.
Posted by Coke guy  in  Florida  on  Sat Jan 14, 2006  at  03:18 PM
Hey Coke guy. Wanna throw it down, biatch? Just kidding. But obviously I am a pepsi fan. I use to consider my self a Pepsiholic. But I disagree about the water thing. I think Coke tastes like water and shit. Pepsi has a much better taste. But it's all personal choice. So I guess there really isn't a "better" one.

But to the person who said RC is good.....WHERE THE HELL DO YOU COME FROM? RC sucks! It tastes like medicine and dog poop. YES, I have tried it, and it's gross.
Posted by Mr. Pep  on  Sat Jan 14, 2006  at  05:40 PM
My unit is gorrila if u familya go away befo milya
Posted by hehe  in  ney york  on  Mon Jan 16, 2006  at  06:12 PM
PEPSI TASTES WAYYYYYYY BETTER THAN COKE.cOKE SUCKS, PEPSI RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Deja  in  indianapolis,in  on  Mon Jan 23, 2006  at  07:45 PM
coke is okay but i would say that i like pepsi better.....coke after a while starts to taste like shit and i hate it......anyway that is all i have ttyl..
<3 Guess
Posted by Guess  in  Home  on  Wed Jan 25, 2006  at  04:48 PM
I prefer diet pepsi over diet coke. It seems to me that when I drink coke it seems harsher going down. Pepsi goes down smoother. I also think Pepsi is smoother - I have taken the test and I was able to decifer the two.
Posted by Jill Junker  in  oregon  on  Tue Feb 14, 2006  at  03:44 PM
well i think that coke does taste better. i have to say that pepsi has a little too much sugar.i rather drink cokr than pepsi. i would rather have a coke in a glass bottle, u know one of those old ones. i think that coke in a plastic bottle and in a can can give it a different taste. b/c of the particles in each bottle. so it really depends on what kind of bottle or can u drink from. like i said i prefer in a glass bottle b/c of the freshness.
Posted by giselle  on  Mon Feb 20, 2006  at  08:53 PM
I have this school assignment about a persausive paragraph.It is about Coca Cola V.S. Pepsi....i need to know more about it!!!IT'S DUE TOMORROW!!HELP!!
Posted by Nicolette  on  Mon Feb 27, 2006  at  06:44 PM
PEPSI ROX MY SOX!! wink

l8er ,hommies!peace!
Posted by Nicolette  on  Mon Feb 27, 2006  at  06:50 PM
Hey, okkay i have just done a science experiment on coke and pepsi on 13-15 year olds. 2 of the 4 subjects could not tell the taste of coke to the taste of pepsi. Me myself can tell very easily.
I just wanna know WHY! what is the difference??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?! COKE is Like A FLAT pepsi!
Posted by Cass  on  Wed Mar 08, 2006  at  08:05 PM
I have a preference to Coke and will try to buy Coke instead of Pepsi but I'll sometime get Pepsi if it's on sale. It's not that great of a difference. The annoying thing is that Pepsi will go flat within minutes whereas Coke remains carbonated until the next day (if you ever put a partially finished can in the fridge). I hate Pepsi's lack of carbonation, it really accentuates the fact that with all colas, you're basically drinking sugar water!
Posted by Craig  in  San Jose, CA  on  Fri Mar 10, 2006  at  06:45 PM
Those researchers are completely wrong. I would bet everything I own that I would be able to easily tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi. For someone who has been drinking one of them their whole life, they are as easy to tell apart as water and sewage would be. That study may be true for someone who doesn't drink either very often, but it's completely false for the hardcore cola drinkers.
Posted by Chris  on  Mon Apr 17, 2006  at  02:17 AM
Pepsi is too sweat and it's disgusting. I like Coca-Cola alot better. Maybe Pepsi doesn't flat as fast as Coke, I don't know but I sure taste a difference between the two products and my choice is definitly Coke.
And those crappy pepsi commercials! The always have to dis Coca-Cola... that proves Coke is better
Posted by Need to know?  on  Tue Apr 18, 2006  at  05:25 PM
I cannot taste any difference between the two, and my tastebuds are fine.

They have the same ingredients, and same nutritional values-meaning if they do contain the same thing theyre coincidentally the same energy as well, which is rare when you mix different ingredients.
Posted by Tlreality  on  Sat Apr 29, 2006  at  03:25 PM
I also like SOHO
Posted by spokey  on  Thu May 11, 2006  at  10:43 AM
yeah,well, my opinion is that pepsi and coke is the same dam thing just ones in a blue can and ones in a red one, eh?

ill take either one actually, cant taste the difference.but the truth of the matter is... u get the same affect whether u drink coke or pepsi.u become a big fattie and drink the crap uncontrollibly.

gotta love the brown fuzzy junk, though
Posted by ray ray  in  jersey  on  Sat May 20, 2006  at  11:03 PM
coke is alot stronger than pepsi
Posted by tj  on  Fri May 26, 2006  at  05:40 PM
okay...there's a difference between coke and pepsi...MANY people can actually tell the difference and i don't get the SUPER TASTERS crap!! okay, maybe some people can't tell the difference in taste tests but think of all the people that ARE able to distinguish between the two. As far as people preferring one over the other, everyone is different. its the same as people preferring beef over pork or pork over beef; we simply all like different things. and with the people who can't tell the difference, i guess people just have stronger taste buds than others...
Posted by Candice  on  Wed Jun 07, 2006  at  01:52 PM
i lke pepsi better because it is sweeter, coke is fizzy and has a more stronger flavour.
Posted by ben  in  aussie  on  Wed Aug 30, 2006  at  09:48 PM
Comments: Page 3 of 11 pages  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.