The worms inside your face
Bizarre pictographs of Emmanuel Domenech, 1860
Did Paul McCartney die on Nov. 9, 1966?
Actress who claimed she was kidnapped by puritans, 1950
Stotham, Massachusetts: the town that didn't exist, 1920
The Cradle of the Deep, a literary hoax, 1929
The Sandpaper Test, 1960
The Great Electric Sugar Swindle, 1884
Burger King's Left-Handed Whopper Hoax, 1998
Boy floats away in balloon, 2009
Coin Stacking
I never realized that coin stacking was a sport, nor that people could create such intricate stacks. Some of these things really seem to defy gravity. But I see no reason to believe that any of the images aren't real. It reminds me of rock balancing, which I posted about last year. Check out some of the other coin stack pictures here. (via Reality Carnival)
image
Categories: Sports
Posted by The Curator on Thu May 05, 2005
w00t first post...damn a.d.d i should be doing home work right now...but i GOTTA TRY THAT!!
Posted by vince  in  cali  on  Thu May 05, 2005  at  11:09 PM
Don't try it... you'll waste hours of your life in compulsive pointlessness.

smile
Posted by Peter  in  London  on  Fri May 06, 2005  at  06:07 AM
Lies!!!.....ALL Lies.....The coin thing is fake..I spent weeks trying this after all the rock expierement.
Posted by X  in  McKinney, TX  on  Fri May 06, 2005  at  09:46 AM
It goes up fairly easily with a bit of super glue
Posted by wayne levy  on  Fri May 06, 2005  at  06:38 PM
Coin stacking is pretty easy..

*puts on welding goggles*

Oh, someone's made the joke.. Anyway, there's plenty of utterly pointless activities out there... Oreo-stacking is one of the stranger ones.
Posted by Bobcat  on  Sun May 08, 2005  at  02:05 AM
Balancing stuff isn't actually that hard and is rather fun. I used to like to balance money and dice and rocks *looking at that page* Once while driving down the coast my family saw some stacked rocks and decided that would be neat, so ever since then we've been making our own stacks of rocks as we go from place to place^^ My little brother can't do a lot, but even he has gotten some nifty ones.

I'd test out the balancing of money, but I don't wanna go sift through all my change.

ps. with the dice thing, there's a trick to stacking up a ton of them if you keep an eye on the dots.
Posted by Mera Lynn  in  CA  on  Sun May 08, 2005  at  12:25 PM
yeah... not to mention the complete waste of my live's time better spent... wasting on other stuff xD
Posted by Mera Lynn  in  CA  on  Sun May 08, 2005  at  12:27 PM
Somebody has way too much time an their hands!
Posted by Glamcat  on  Mon May 09, 2005  at  07:47 AM
This is definantly possible! In fact, I just made one! =P out of pennies... its like the one in the pic here...cept a little smaller XD
Posted by nik  on  Sun Jul 03, 2005  at  07:47 PM
I love to stack coins and push them over, and there's allways that thing when you put a coin on your elbow and try to catch it. That's allways fun. (Actally no sarcasm there)
Posted by Dracul  on  Mon Jan 16, 2006  at  03:36 PM
IT'S REAL! TRY THIS SITE:

they teach how to do! it's pretty easy and fun!
Posted by rafael  on  Tue Jun 20, 2006  at  08:18 PM