The Great New York Zoo Escape Hoax, 1874
What do the lines on Solo cups mean?
The Nobody For President Campaign, 1940 to Present
A black lion: real or fake?
Rare planetary alignment decreases gravity, 1976
Bonsai Kittens, 2000
Dog wins art contest, 1974
The Cradle of the Deep, a literary hoax, 1929
Rachael Ray cooks her family and her dog
Princess Caraboo, servant girl who became a princess, 1817
Coalition for Traditional Values
Laura Bush has been getting rave reviews for her comedy routine at the White House Correspondents' Dinner, but not everyone was pleased. The Coalition for Traditional Values issued a press release (pdf file) denouncing her performance.

We saw our President undermined, mocked and emasculated by his own wife on the most public of stages, and at a time when his manliness is already under attack. We saw the leader of the free world seemingly unable to lead his own family. Mr. President, as God's elected represented here on earth, you owe it to every American to live your life as an example to us. And that example extends to the behavior of your wife, Mrs Bush, as well.

But actually, there is no 'Coalition for Traditional Values'. The name is a parody of the Traditional Values Coalition, who has now denounced the satirical press release. The fake news release was created by the Swift Report.
Categories: Politics
Posted by The Curator on Tue May 03, 2005
Oh, for (the worshiped being's) sake, what a bunch of tight-asses!
Posted by stork  on  Wed May 04, 2005  at  12:15 AM
Wow, so he's "God's elected representative"? I guess there was no point in having that election, we should have just asked God. I guess that would make him the leader of God's Republic of America or something.

Scary bunch of folks. They don't want religion dominated governments in the Mid-East, but it's just dandy here.
Posted by brian  on  Wed May 04, 2005  at  02:43 PM
Whoops... I guess both stork and I didn't read the last paragraph; it was fake.

Still, I stand by what I wrote.
Posted by brian  on  Wed May 04, 2005  at  02:46 PM
I guess brian didn't hear what Bush said at his press conference a few days ago either ... let's see: doesn't bother to read the third of three paragraphs, doesn't bother to listen to primary sources, but still willing to sound off? Come on, that is exactly why hoaxes happen -- people draw conclusions without informing themselves of facts.
Posted by sam  in  delaware  on  Wed May 04, 2005  at  05:31 PM
No, I heard that press conference, amazingly enough... I ususally can't stand listening to him as he's such a bad speaker. However I wasn't specifically talking about Bush, there's other people much wackier, such as Tom De Lay.
Posted by brian  on  Wed May 04, 2005  at  05:44 PM
This Laura Bush, she is not too funny, I think. She makes the jokes because this idiota George Bush makes the wars, and he is afraid now. I, Raoul, International Basher of the USA BUSH, am only afraid now this Laura wants to make more jokes. Perhaps she will be on the American Idol removing the Paula Abdul. Don't get Raoul started, okay? Rrrraoul
Posted by Raoul  on  Wed May 04, 2005  at  07:16 PM
It is true, that I, Raoul, President for Life of The International Ramonian Culture Exchange and Tonteen, would like very much to produce a fight between this Paula Abdul and the Laura Bush. I like the 15 rounds, bare knuckles, tight spandex, basic form of gato violencia, and I think this two women have a good fight, for all the world to see. I think the Laura Bush has great mean-ness, but I think this Paula Abdul has great large thighs to crush with. Don't get Raoul started, okay? Okay. Rrrraoul
Posted by Raoul  on  Wed May 04, 2005  at  07:26 PM
Okay- now that Raoul is thinking, this Paula Abdul must fight the USA George Bush so he does not talk. If the US Bush has the press conference, this Paula should crush him with her great large thighs to make him speak no more. If Estupido opens his boca again, Paula must crush him again until he will be quiet. This I would pay to see many times. The Llamas also like this very much, but they are drunk, and hate the Bush all day, so, it does not count, no? Rrrraoul
Posted by Raoul  on  Wed May 04, 2005  at  07:34 PM
Okay- Raoul does not really mean that the USA Bush must be crushed. I only want to see this Paula Abdul squeeze his head. Not to kill him- that is wrong, okay, so don't come after me on the tour, you secret guys with the badges. Raoul is no threat to the Bush, but I do not know about Paula, or the Llamas. They all scare me some times. Rrrraoul
Posted by Raoul  on  Wed May 04, 2005  at  07:45 PM
The Fair and Balanced Fox News Channel bit this story hook, line, and sinker today. . .
Posted by Joseph Thompson  in  Ragland, AL  on  Wed May 04, 2005  at  08:43 PM
Rrrraol. Please-a give the quickly typing fingers a rest and shaddupa you face.
-Electra.
Posted by Electra  on  Sat May 07, 2005  at  09:51 PM
Electra: A good man with quick fingers is something you will never know from Raoul, for to you it is now Mr. Raoul, and to "Please" shut up my face, Chica. Rrrraoul
Posted by Raoul  on  Sun May 08, 2005  at  06:33 PM
This Electra has the mustache like Laura Bush, I am too sure. That is okay, for the women of The Land of My Birth also have hair in bad places. Telling Raoul to shut up my face is not so good, and will not rid Electra of her mustache. The Llamas are now mocking her also, but they are drunk again. Rrrraoul
Posted by Raoul  on  Sun May 08, 2005  at  06:37 PM
This has saddened me to great levels. I, Raoul, Great Pleaser of Women, has failed... I must be alone and make hard faces. Rrrraoul
Posted by Raoul  on  Sun May 08, 2005  at  06:43 PM
?SHERIFF SELLING COCAINE TO KIDS IGNORED IN TAMPA FLORIDA

I had owned a night club in Tampa Florida for seven years. Before I ever opened the doors I was
threatened that were going to be narcotic trafficking in the club by a sheriff
Posted by J. Andy Gallogly  in  Tampa Florida  on  Sat Mar 04, 2006  at  01:22 AM