Christian Mime Theater
Status: Real (I think)
image At last you can enjoy your favorite passages from scripture as interpreted by mimes:

Christian Mime Theater brings scripture passages to life through the ministry of pantomime. During the “voice over” reading of the scripture, people come to life in various light pools across the stage, portraying modern enactments of the timeless Word of God.

I'm assuming this is real and not some kind of Objective-Christian-Ministries style parody. After all, it appears that you really can buy the Christian Mime Theater video, and the rest of the site appears serious. But it's still an odd concept. When I think of mimes I usually imagine tortured French existentialist types, not Christian theater.
Categories: Religion
Posted by The Curator on Tue Sep 27, 2005
I probably shouldn't point out that the Bible (at least, the Old Testament) clearly accepts the existence of other gods, it just prohibits worship of them.
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Thu Jan 25, 2007  at  11:05 AM
I have already given you my proof.

"I know God exists, I see God's handiwork in all of creation, "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities-his eternal power and divine nature-have been clearly seen, being understood from what had been made so that men are without excuse." (Romans 1:20) Most importantly I feel His presence in my heart...Proof is everywhere, nature, the human body, animals, miracles...Being a human and fallible we do not and cannot posses such understanding. We must have faith. Because He is the Creator and we the Creatures (his creation) there is so much that we do not and cannot understand. All we know of spiritual things is what God tells us in His word. Apart from God there is no understanding, but through Him is the beginning of wisdom. "For the Lord gives Wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding." (Proverbs 2:6)"

By the way...It's not circular reasoning.

Circular reasoning would be if I said I believe in the Bible and when asked why, I'd say because God says it's true. And I said I believed in God and when asked why I'd say because the Bible says so.

Posted by Caring Christian  on  Sun Feb 04, 2007  at  02:30 AM
No Charybdis, the Bible says there are FALSE gods.
Posted by Caring Christian  on  Sun Feb 04, 2007  at  02:33 AM
Caring Christian said:

"That isn't what I'm saying, there are several more reasons than that. I know that God is real because of all the evidence Quoted above not only because "the Bible says so". And so because I believe in Jesus Christ. Because of all the evidence, the Bible must also be true."

WHAT "evidence" have you cited other than Biblical quotations?

I see nothing in what you quoted that proves ANYTHING at all.

Sorry, but you ARE employing circular reasoning. You belive in the Bible because the Bible says you should.
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Sun Feb 04, 2007  at  02:37 AM
http://bible.cc Try searching for 'gods'.

King James Version, though the others have similar lines, of course.

Psalm 88:1

God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

1 Corinthians 8:5

For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

2 Chronicals 28:23

For he sacrificed unto the gods of Damascus, which smote him: and he said, Because the gods of the kings of Syria help them, therefore will I sacrifice to them, that they may help me. But they were the ruin of him, and of all Israel.

Joshua 24:20

If ye forsake the LORD, and serve strange gods, then he will turn and do you hurt, and consume you, after that he hath done you good.

Isaiah 37:12

Have the gods of the nations delivered them which my fathers have destroyed, as Gozan, and Haran, and Rezeph, and the children of Eden which were in Telassar?

2 Kings 18:34

Where are the gods of Hamath, and of Arpad? where are the gods of Sepharvaim, Hena, and Ivah? have they delivered Samaria out of mine hand?

Deuteronomy 17:3

And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;

Deuteronomy 10:17

For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

Exodus 15:11

Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?

Sure seems to accept the existence of other gods to me. So the idea of there being no other gods directly contradicts many, many passages in the Bible.
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Mon Feb 05, 2007  at  10:22 AM
Now, to your evidence of God's existence.

The world you see around you exists, that is rather undeniable. But existence of the world is not predicated upon the existence of a deity. "Where did it come from?" you ask. Well, I don't know. But that doesn't mean God created it. Existence alone is not 'proof' of anything other than existence itself. I could just as easily state that the universe was farted out by a giant space amoeba and could use your exact argument to 'prove' it.

This doesn't mean God doesn't exist, of course. It simply means you can't use this argument to prove he exists any more than I can to prove my amoeba exists. In fact, each and every belief system you could conceive of can use the same argument, and they can't all be correct.
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Mon Feb 05, 2007  at  10:35 AM
Hello,
I am writing my final note, because I am not online enough to keep up with this chit chat. And you obviously don't want to debate this or are sick of the debate or something. Twas interesting.
Posted by Caring Christian  on  Mon Mar 12, 2007  at  02:02 AM
Right. Toodle-pip.

*waits for the next person to come along, starting the whole argument over from the beginning*
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Mon Mar 12, 2007  at  02:04 PM
This sure sounds very interesting, to mime Christian passages is very challenging. It's a spectacle I need to see. I would sure like to know more about details about it. Speaking of theater it reminds me that it's been a long while since I last bought theatre tickets, a busy life keeps me away from it.
Posted by gordman  on  Fri Oct 05, 2007  at  12:42 PM
Yeah, it's been quite a while since I visited the theater.
Posted by Concert  in  Lexington  on  Mon Jan 21, 2008  at  07:46 AM
I like mime shows, though I'm not sure what to expect at this one in particular. I've the tickets for the show. Maybe I'll have something from <http://www.buy-absinthe-alcohol.com>buy absinthe</a> before going there.
Posted by Buy absinthe  in  London  on  Tue Feb 05, 2008  at  05:09 AM
Comments: Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.