Fake Fish Photos
The Berners Street Hoax, 1810
Script of Casablanca rejected, 1982
Burger King's Left-Handed Whopper Hoax, 1998
The Great Electric Sugar Swindle, 1884
What do the lines on Solo cups mean?
Rachael Ray cooks her family and her dog
Baby Yoga, aka Swinging Your Kid Around Your Head
Bonsai Kittens, 2000
Brief History of Triple-Decker Buses
Bonsai Kitten Christmas Tree Ornaments
image Sure you can get a Bonsai Kitten in a glass jar... Or, you could be the envy of all your friends by getting your very own Bonsai Kitten Christmas Tree Ornament. "Notice the splendid use of the tail to form a hanger. Imagine how this will look gracing your yule tide tree. Kids love to watch em blink when they poke at them. And no mess to clean up! The ornament is its' own kitty litter box." If someone were to actually make these (you know, minus a real cat inside... just a picture of the cat on the outside), I bet they'd sell. The tail as hanger is a great touch.
Categories: Animals
Posted by The Curator on Fri Dec 10, 2004
Anyone want to start the Bonsai Ornament Company? I think we could make lot's of money! grin
Posted by Myst  on  Fri Dec 10, 2004  at  09:57 PM
Is anybody else getting the feeling that the phrase "minus a real cat" was decidedly an afterthought in this post?
Posted by Katherine  on  Sat Dec 11, 2004  at  01:50 AM
Whenever I read about web pages like "bonsai kitten" or something else,obviously created for the sole purpose to make gullible people upset and angry,I keep getting the sad feeling that some people have too much free time on their hands and how great the world could be if they used their energy to do some good instead...
Posted by Evey  on  Sat Dec 11, 2004  at  10:14 AM
....like design squashed-cat tree onarments!
Posted by Nick  on  Sat Dec 11, 2004  at  01:31 PM
You know, that's not a bad idea...

Only one would have to pick a better picture for the cat, the one they have looks pretty freaky.
Posted by Fay-Fay  on  Sat Dec 11, 2004  at  04:16 PM
I don't think that most people create joke sites in order to annoy gullible people. They do it because they think it's funny, and they want to share the joke with the world.

No matter what you think is funny, there's likely someone out there who thinks it's not funny, or even actively bad. That doesn't mean you shouldn't do it.
Posted by cvirtue  in  deleted  on  Sat Dec 11, 2004  at  04:27 PM
It's been said that some level of cruelty is behind all humor.
Freud, on the other hand, said humor results when taboos are transgressed. Something like Bonsai Kittens combines the two aforesaid principles and is, consequently, pretty funny.
Yet each of us has certain taboos we simply won't agree to have transgressed, or certain levels of cruelty we won't tolerate even in jest. That's when we tend to say, "Hey, that's not funny!"
Posted by Big Gary C  in  Dallas, Texas  on  Sat Dec 11, 2004  at  06:14 PM
I'd bet a lot of the people who didn't think the original bonsai kitten site was funny were people who were fooled by it in the first place.

"Kitticulture permit," anyone?
Posted by Ponygirl  on  Sun Dec 12, 2004  at  06:07 AM
I could click the link to the Bonsai Kitten Ornament, but when I tried to click the link from that page to: Shape your own Bonsai Kitten...I got an ACCESS DENIED pop-up w/ the following reason:
Appliance: TAMPA1XXCe2x
User : Maegan
URL: http://www.bonsaikitten.com/gray.html
Category Match: Violence

So...apparently our filter thinks this is violent. I'm not allowed to play there.
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Sun Dec 12, 2004  at  12:57 PM
haha...maegan, where you allowed to go visit the Mr. Marbles site and play? http://www.ahleman.com/Props/MrMarbles1.html
Posted by Darren  on  Mon Dec 13, 2004  at  09:52 AM
I was able to see that one...it happens at odd times. I'm not allowed to look at hobby sites either...no marbles for me.
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Mon Dec 13, 2004  at  10:24 AM
Poor Meagen. Your internet doesn't want you to have a hobby.
Posted by Dany  in  Texas  on  Tue Dec 14, 2004  at  02:10 PM
do you lot think this is funni coz its not i think u r all curel ********
Posted by sim  in  england  on  Tue Jan 11, 2005  at  10:49 AM
I was just searching the internet to see if the rumours about a website promoting the cruelty of kittens is true, and to my dismay it is, how anyone can be as harsh to a fellow living thing is heartbreaking. Whoever invented this website should be shot in the head. None who does this to animlas deserves to live. If i knew who it was i would do it myself, and no bother about the consequences, absolute disgust is all i feel.
The website should be closed down, and the police should find these people and give them the death penalty.
F**king Bastards
Posted by dani  in  england  on  Mon Feb 14, 2005  at  04:55 AM
Because clearly Dani, this isn't a hoax at all, it's the absolute truth that this person who put this site up is doing this to cats for real OMFGNMFYSWTF!!!!1

...

You do realize you just make yourself look like a fool for believing this, right? I mean, it's not even that great of a photo-edit.
Posted by Ponygirl  on  Mon Feb 14, 2005  at  05:08 AM
What the hell people! Bonsai Kitten so mean and its a crime to people. Dont you ever think about buying anything that has to do with bonsai kitten.

Thanks again,
John
Member of PETA
Posted by JOHN  on  Tue Aug 02, 2005  at  11:46 PM
rolleyes John, Bonsai kittens are a hoax. Nobody actually goes round stuffing poor defenseless kitties into confined spaces for ornamental purposes.
Posted by Smerk  in  to mischief  on  Tue Aug 02, 2005  at  11:53 PM
Apparently PETA hasn't upped their stupidity requirement.
Posted by Winona  in  USA  on  Wed Aug 03, 2005  at  12:02 AM
lol, Erik was ranting at me about PETA as I was posting. Should have read something along the lines of "cancelled their stupidity requirement".

And btw, he's still ranting. wink
Posted by Winona  in  USA  on  Wed Aug 03, 2005  at  12:04 AM
They do put cats in jars to make them the shape that pet owners desire. And PETA is not stupid. Why dont we just stick you in a box!
Posted by John  on  Wed Aug 03, 2005  at  11:12 PM
No, they don't. It's photoshop and trickery.
Posted by Boo  in  The Land of the Haggii...  on  Thu Aug 04, 2005  at  05:17 AM
umm...Mr. or Mrs. It's Wrong: I think a more serious matter may be the fact that you homeschool your daughter, and you don't use correct punctuation or spelling...btw, I've been in a jar, a can, a box, and an envelope, but I still never looked as cute as that Bonsai Kitty... just be glad your daughter never saw a pic of me in a jar...I can send you one, if you think she might learn something, other than how to misspell...you're welcome
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Sat Aug 20, 2005  at  02:56 PM
it is perverted and sick, i want 2 freakin kill the guy hu does this, i hope he dies soon and dies a painful death
Posted by Chase  on  Mon Jan 16, 2006  at  04:58 PM
Well sure, when I saw the original site I was ready to exact some vigilante justice of my own on these SICK F---S (or so I thought).
I even went so far as to do a reverse-number lookup and was going to hire a private investigator, get a location, and do something that would have landed me in prison no doubt. HOWEVER, I soon discovered that this is a HOAX, URBAN LEGEND, SATIRE, etc. The FBI (Boston office) even investigated these guys back in 2001, who turned out to be MIT students with brutal senses of humor. Seriusly. Check out snopes.com or other urban legend site and lay your fears to rest. Honestly, Im an animal lover and I see now that it's all a joke (albeit a sick one).
Posted by CodeMan  on  Wed Jan 18, 2006  at  02:44 AM
This is so sad and wrong if you dont agree with this web-site and think that the people are cruel, go to the ASPCA web site and sign the petition to stop Bonsai Kittens.
Posted by Angela Johnson  in  Illionis  on  Thu Feb 02, 2006  at  09:43 AM
Yes! Sign the petition to stop ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

It's amazing how many people think this thing is REAL! Come on, how gullible ARE you?!
Posted by Ponygirl  on  Fri Feb 03, 2006  at  07:53 PM
The simple fact that they say that one needs a "Bonsai Kitticulture Permit" from the U.S. Government should clue people in that it is a hoax. Lol.
Posted by Nick  in  Maryland  on  Sun Feb 19, 2006  at  10:09 PM
NOT FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats bullshit!
Posted by Brittany  in  arizona  on  Fri Jul 28, 2006  at  06:19 PM
Hoax or not you people are fucking stupid to be posting something like this. Just the idea is disgusting. How could someone be so cruel to stuff animals into cramped little containers.

Fucking Pathetic.

Get a job. That's the way to make money, if you didn't know by now.

Dumbshits.

-Amanda
RE
Posted by Amanda  in  Canada  on  Tue Dec 12, 2006  at  12:40 PM
Amanda, you are exactly why people post things like this. It's fun to watch presumptuous people make fools of themselves, as you're doing. smile
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Tue Dec 12, 2006  at  12:58 PM
Comments: Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >