The worms inside your face
Did Poe say 'The best things in life make you sweaty'?
war of the worlds
The night Martians invaded New Jersey, 1938
Jean Gauntt, the Immortal Baby, 1939
The Society for Indecency to Naked Animals, 1959
Tube of liquor hidden in prohibition-era boot, 1920s
Female thieves hide money in their bras, 1950
Boy floats away in balloon, 2009
Fake Photos of Very Large Animals
Loch Ness Monster Hoaxes
Black Eyed Kids (BEK)
Status: First-person accounts
Reports of BEK phenomena are becoming increasingly widespread on the net.
Stories about these creepy adolescents with entirely black eyes and a threatening manner have been cropping up in first-person reports ever more frequently since 1998, when journalist Brian Bethel first wrote about his experience with BEKs.

These accounts follow a regular pattern:
Most accounts occur at the individual's home. There is a knock on the door and on the other side, waiting patiently, is a kid of roughly 12 to 17 years of age. Their dress is usually common for the time and they seem rather normal. But then the sudden fear and the sense of wrongness sinks in. And then of course, there are the eyes.

Seemingly, they repeatedly ask to be let in, and often mention that they must be invited. None of the reports I have found deal with what happens if someone is persuaded...

So who (or what) are they? Providing you believe the stories, current theories span everything from ghosts and vampires to aliens or pranksters.
Categories: Paranormal
Posted by Boo on Sun Aug 06, 2006
This is a hoax....I was the inventor of this whole BEK phenomenon back in the summer of 97' I loved to tell some scary stories while we were drinking near a bonfire......the story was naturally repeated and after a few months you had people posting false stories on the Internet. Case closed. I truly cannot believe that it has gotten this out of hand......lol.
Posted by Diggs  in  Not-real-ville  on  Wed Oct 17, 2007  at  03:31 AM
The BEK story was an attempt at creating a meme or a ghost story.

First post in alt.folklore.ghost-stories was 28Aug1997 - http://groups.google.com/group/alt.folklore.ghost-stories/browse_thread/thread/1c55e42177aaf5e7/dab3cfab14c70ba4?lnk=st&q=#dab3cfab14c70ba4

_PRIOR_ to this post, the author was posting on several groups about memes, including this in this thread on alt.magick in July of 1997: http://groups.google.com/group/alt.magick/msg/ab98ee224ad5c804

Quoting from a much longer post:

" The will, in this case, is the belief, especially among those who
were brave/foolish enough to try the ritual itself. The method by which
the necessary reality shift would be accomplished is the fear the story
and the (imagined?) entity produced.
Can such a thing happen? I don't mean necessarily that thanks to me
and my pals there's some ancient hag that can zap in through mirrors and
grab children running around. But I know lots of magi who work with
archetypical spirits and such, and it occurs to me that such an entity
would have considerable potential for such workings. (Although I'd
consider it ill-advised to use her.)
So, can we create something like Mary just by collective force of
will? If not just childhood legends why not gods and goddesses as well?
Are they all just expressions of enough collective reality shifts? Or
can they somehow exist on their own?"

The only mystery here to me is whether Brian Bethel was attempting to create an urban legend, or bring about the existance of these creatures.
Posted by DB  in  TX  on  Wed Oct 24, 2007  at  07:20 AM
That's very interesting, DB.
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Wed Oct 24, 2007  at  05:07 PM
"I can't believe that you skeptics don't see the obvious when it's staring you right in the face. These black-eyed kids are the living sequels to the Indigo Children; they're Ebony Children. Sheesh."

Yes, except you know, indigo children aren't evil.
Posted by Jessica  in  DFW Texas  on  Wed May 14, 2008  at  10:17 PM
Yes, except you know, indigo children aren't evil.

Or even real. wink
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Thu May 15, 2008  at  11:36 AM
I beg to differ.

Man, this thread is old, lol it's amazing you still received an update.
Posted by Jessica  in  DFW Texas  on  Thu May 15, 2008  at  03:13 PM
I pay more attention to this sort of silly stuff than I probably should.
Posted by Charybdis  in  Hell  on  Thu May 15, 2008  at  04:26 PM
Well, here's my story. I live in Wayland, MI which is a little town just south of Grand Rapids. This is the kind of town where everyone knows everyone, families grow, and there's really no threat of real danger besides the obvious scandal every few years. Anyways, my boyfriend Andrew has been best friends with a boy named Dale pretty much since grade school. Andrew and I were hanging out at his house when Dale calls us up on the phone. When they were finished talking, Andrew seemed in awe of something. He started explaining about BEK's or black-eyed kids. He then proceeded to explain how Dale's Aunt had just had an encounter. Apparently, Dale's Aunt called Dale's mom in tears and told her about what had happened to her. Dale's mom then told Dale, who had explained to her about BEK's. Apparently, Dale's Aunt was at home alone doing the dishes around 7pm when she heard a knock on her front door. She looked out the window and didn't notice anyone there. She went to the door and opened it. Standing there was a young boy with very light skin and mousy hair. He was dressed normally but there was something odd about him. She said she had a feeling of unease when looking at him. She asked him, "Can I help you?" The boy said very plainly, "I need a glass of water." She said she thought this was weird because the kid was around the age of 14. "Where do you live?" she asked him. He only looked at her and repeated, "Can I come in and have a glass of water?" She said no, he couldn't come in but if he waited there she would go get him some water. He protested that he could get it himself. "Just let me in, I'll get it." She said he was getting aggravated. "How did you get here, where are your parents?" she asked. She noticed that there a bike parked a couple houses down by the road. "Is that your bike? Why did you walk so far?" she persisted. "Let me in." he said. It was about this time that she realized what it was about this boy that she did not like. She said his eyes were too dark. Not deep black but like sunken coals. "Just wait here," she told him. Almost panicking, she went back inside and got a glass, filled it with water, and opened the door only to find no one there. She looked up and down the road and noticed that the bicycle that had been parked by the side of the road two houses down was gone. She was so shaken by this boy that immediately after this incident she called her sister to tell her about the event. She also lives in Wayland, so of course, I was afraid that one these BEK's would show up on my doorstep. I've done some research and I guess BEK's travel in groups. This is similar to what happened in Oregon in the 90's. I've also read several accounts of others sightings in Michigan. I'm not surprised. Michigan tends to be a hotspot for the paranormal, for whatever reason. I hope I never personally meet a BEK, it's back enough to know someone who has.
Posted by Lola  in  Michigan  on  Mon Jun 23, 2008  at  07:51 PM
That's a lovely story, Lola. Do you expect us to believe it? Even if Dale's aunt really believes this happened to her, does that automatically mean that it really DID?

If Dale's aunt told you she sprouted wings and flew, would you believe her?

Sorry, you'll have to do better than hearsay to sell this cock and bull story.
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Tue Jun 24, 2008  at  02:57 AM
Didn't the boys in the movie "The Covenant" have all-black eyes when they used their powers? I realize this story was posted a month or two before the movie came out (in September 2006, according to IMDB), but trailers were shown a good while before. It seems to me that this claim may have been inspired by the movie.
Posted by Seamyst  on  Fri Nov 07, 2008  at  01:41 PM
Posted by jeff  in  west warwick, RI  on  Mon Apr 27, 2009  at  06:19 PM
jeff said:

"why does everyone keep saying contacts????? if you actually read the stories, the people all say the ENTIRE eye was black, not just the iris and pupil."

I have no idea if special contact lenses have ever figured into any alleged sighting of BEK's, but for the record, there ARE special effects contact lenses which will make the entire eye look black.
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Mon Apr 27, 2009  at  06:51 PM
I personally do not believe in BEK. Why? Because most of the sightings are being described online, that's why. You make a thread to an anonymous board or a forum and witnesses start to pour in! People, enthrilled by all this, forward these messages or vaguely remember them. Then add in some pranksters etc... As much as I know it's possible to write the testimonials from different computers or to change your IP address, so I bet most of the BEK stories were originally posted by the same person, who got inspiration from that reporter-guy. I'm not closed-minded, there is a faint possibility that they do exist but to me all proofs speak to the contrary.
Also, is Cranky Media Guy an estonian? o.o
Posted by Cliodna  in  Estonia, P  on  Wed Sep 23, 2009  at  06:14 PM
No, I am not Estonian. I am an American of Italian-Irish extraction. Why do you ask?
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Wed Sep 23, 2009  at  06:36 PM
yo dude the guy from limp bizkit just wears full eye black contact lenses. BUT i dont know anything about the BEKs you are talking about they must have black con. lenses as well or something. . .
Posted by ash  on  Wed Dec 30, 2009  at  05:39 PM
the BEK iz true.. they have a power ta put fear over you wen you open your door.. they are not allowed ta come in your house unless you say and they can not tell you dat they have to have your permission ta come in the house or where ever you are.. if you do let dem in then your done. they will take you wit dem ta where ever they go and do wat ever they want to you.
Posted by Brittany Smith  in  batavia ny, 14020  on  Tue Feb 23, 2010  at  03:24 PM
Dear skeptics, I suggest you go live in haunted houses. These are houses that are usually cheap or even bargains because no one wants to live in them, though at the same time most people don't believe in ghosts. These houses have turned skeptics into believers already. With a little luck you get to see a black eyed being, or even better, you become one yourself.
Posted by Wiebe  in  Almere, Holland  on  Thu Apr 29, 2010  at  07:26 AM
Ha ha ha ha ha. My friend said she saw one, and when I asked her what eye colour they had, she said 'red'. I think personally they might be contact lenses
Posted by Serina  in  The internet  on  Sun Dec 05, 2010  at  10:17 AM
Comments: Page 3 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3