Brief History of Triple-Decker Buses
The Cradle of the Deep, a literary hoax, 1929
The Case of the Vanishing Belly Button, 1964
Adolf Hitler Baby Photo Hoax, 1933
Stotham, Massachusetts: the town that didn't exist, 1920
Old-Time Photo Fakery, 1900 to 1919
Rachael Ray cooks her family and her dog
Pierre Brassau, Monkey Artist, 1964
The Lovely Feejee Mermaid, 1842
Bizarre pictographs of Emmanuel Domenech, 1860
Big Dog Needs Home
Adela forwarded me this email, wanting to know if it's real or fake:
image
Need a dog??????????
An actual ad from Colorado!
FREE to an approved home. Excellent guard dog, loves other small-dog breeds. Answers to the name of Dolly.
Will eat anything, owner cannot afford to feed her anymore, as there are no more thieves, murderers, rapists or molesters left in the neighborhood. Your help will be appreciated...

The text, I assume, is fake. But the picture looks real. That's just a big dog. Looks like a mastiff. I've become more familiar with very big dogs ever since my parents got a 180-pound Great Dane named Falcon. He's so big that every picture we take of him looks photoshopped. Here's a picture of me and Falcon (and my wife on the left) taken over Thanksgiving while visiting my parents. Note how Falcon's head appears to be at least twice the size of my head. That's not a trick of the camera. His head really is twice the size of mine, and I don't have a small head.
image

Related Post:
Feb 28, 2005: Big Dog
Categories: Animals, Email Hoaxes
Posted by The Curator on Wed Nov 29, 2006
ohh I love this big dog so much. he looks modest and honest. I would feel safe if I had like this one.
Posted by Semy Simmon  in  US  on  Sun Jun 28, 2009  at  11:23 PM
what a lovely dog ! but Im afraid I can not feed such big dog. where does he sleep?
Posted by Gladys Calladine  on  Wed Jul 01, 2009  at  12:47 AM
The second one must be a replica! While I have to admit it is taken so well. Nice pictures. I am fond of dogs all the time. You know, my puppy and big dog also own their comfortable space.
Posted by AliceIacuzzo  on  Sun Jul 05, 2009  at  09:17 PM
The dog is too big.It is the first time for me to see such a big dog.
I guess it eats a lot every meal.You are not afraid beside it?
Posted by Jess Holroyd  on  Tue Jul 07, 2009  at  02:25 AM
Children are safe with such a big dog at home?It is risk
Posted by Cindy Davison  on  Tue Jul 07, 2009  at  02:31 AM
I love dogs!
Posted by sexleksaker  in  knull  on  Thu Dec 24, 2009  at  06:10 AM
Many thanks!
Posted by Admin  in  http://intimleksaker.com  on  Thu Dec 24, 2009  at  06:11 AM
hey i would think someone already got ur dog but im hoping not i would pay to get him to canada and can affford the food i love dogs and have a american bull dog for her to play with lol hope blue isnt scared of her she looks like she would love em 705 662 2620
Posted by Race Baker  in  ontario  on  Thu Feb 25, 2010  at  01:08 PM
and i really think the picture is real i was in pet smart one time and there was a girl with a huge dog like this and i asked her what it was she said african bull masssif thats how i found this add looking it up the african bull massive the lady couldnt even shop everyone wanted to pet her dog and ask questions i felt kinnda bad but id love to have em
Posted by Race Baker  in  ontario  on  Thu Feb 25, 2010  at  01:15 PM
please if she is not takin give me a call or if she is just let me kno please
Posted by Race Baker  in  ontario  on  Thu Feb 25, 2010  at  07:16 PM
i love your dog. i kinda have this saying about doggs.(if its not big you may as well have a cat)wicch i hate..lol..
Posted by netty-B  in  brunswick ga  on  Thu Apr 08, 2010  at  03:18 PM
Your dog is big!I want a dog like that some day.
I would think he is a mutt,maybe a great dane
and a mastiff put together?He must drool alot.
I wonder can you ride him like a horse?Bye.

P.S.Have fun:).
Posted by J.R.F.  in  COLORADO  on  Wed May 26, 2010  at  05:53 PM
The dog in the first photo is not a mastiff it is an African Boerboel,

What do you think a Boerboel is??
A South African Mastiff!!

i found this add looking it up the african bull massive

First..you mean Bull Mastiff.
Second there is no such thing as a South African Bull Mastiff..
Boerboels are not related to Bull Mastiffs in any way other then they are both Mastiffs. DNA testing has proved this...

Common sense people..that dogs photo has been stretched..my god it's not Pumpkin head do the research...

Where do you people get this information??
Posted by Wow  in  South Africa  on  Tue Jul 20, 2010  at  10:10 AM
i love the big brown boerboel mix. think i cn hndle his but my loction is far. i have pregnant rottweiler and brown terrier som of the pictures are on my facebook.would not mind if he can be sent down
Posted by Tosin  in  Lagos Nigeria  on  Sat Mar 12, 2011  at  08:47 PM
Comments: Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2