Can a bar of soap between your sheets ease muscle cramps?
Rachael Ray cooks her family and her dog
Vilcabamba, the town of very old people, 1978
The Great New York Zoo Escape Hoax, 1874
Fake Photos of Very Large Animals
Man flies by own lung power, 1934
The Society for Indecency to Naked Animals, 1959
Eccentric's last prank, 66 years after his death, 1900
Sober Sue, the woman who never smiled, 1907
The Sandpaper Test, 1960
Best of the Forum – 8th June 07

Man blames health drink for unwanted erection (Bebelicious)
New Yorker Christopher Woods underwent surgery in 2004 for severe priapism – an erection that would not subside. Now he’s suing pharmaceutical company Novartis AG, claiming that their nutritional drink, Boost Plus, was the cause of his condition.

Can’t remember the name of a song? Try tapping it on your keyboard! (DJ_Canada)
This programme allows you to tap the melody of a song using your space bar to try to identify it. Results appear to be user-submitted, so they're a little hit and miss. No pun intended.

Yahoo’s list of sunscreen myths (Dily)
A Yahoo writer, Leslie Baumann, M.D., has posted a short list of common mistakes people make when considering protection from the sun.

Woman arrested for making faces at a dog (Slender Loris)
Charges have been dropped against Jayna Hutchinson from Lebanon after she was arrested for "staring at [the police dog] in a taunting/harassing manner."
Categories: Animals, Entertainment, Health/Medicine, Law/Police/Crime
Posted by Boo on Fri Jun 08, 2007
The woman accused of a crime for staring at a police dog should go to trial and subpoena the dog to testify.

After all, only the dog can accurately say whether he was threatened or not by her stare. Everything else is speculation.
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Sat Jun 09, 2007  at  03:58 AM
I am a police cadet and have went through a couple of days of k-9 training. Any taunting of police dogs is illegal. This is the reason why cars carrying police dogs have all the warning signs. Without them the city can to prosecute a person for taunting a police dog.

A cop cannot fire back if someone is shooting at the dog, but of course no cop follows this rule.
Posted by crazyasian  on  Sun Jun 10, 2007  at  06:26 PM
That would be stupid. If I was a cop and someone was shooting at my police dog, I'd shoot the hell out of them without hesitation, even if it was against the rules.

I'm glad Ohio has bullet proof vests for dogs. :D
Posted by Sakano  in  Ohio  on  Mon Jun 11, 2007  at  12:48 PM
Hell, if someone was shooting at my dogs, I'd shoot at them. And I'm *NOT* a cop.
hahaha

I just love my dogs, they're like my kids.

But yeah, you can definately provoke a dog by how you look at it. I don't know how I would have handled it myself, if I was the officer, but I think they should have probably known the charges wouldn't stick.
Posted by Josh  in  Texas  on  Mon Jun 11, 2007  at  11:20 PM
This is slightly off topic, but when the person on that message board was talking about pointing out when their dog farted and they'd growl, I had to share this...

My older dog Mattie (she's 8), when she farts, she gets embarrassed. If you ask "Mattie, did you fart?", she'll get up and run out of the room! And she'll run off if she farts while she's in the process of sitting down, too. She's hilarious (guess maybe you'd have to see it).
Posted by Josh  in  Texas  on  Mon Jun 11, 2007  at  11:22 PM
Ah, dog farts... how does one elaborate upon the piquant pungency that is the dog fart? What words can take the place of a downward whiff of Buster's AlpoGas, the kind that makes your nose wrinkle up so bad your glasses fall off, the terrible twist of canine colon kinks hurling a mini-tornado of mutt methane toward our unsuspecting shnozzes, what can be said of that which can only be olfactorated for the full, overwhelming, sensory rush of Rover Rips? Take a walk, or take a whiff. Your choice. Here, Georgie
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Tue Jun 12, 2007  at  01:27 PM
I'm sorry... I shouldn't have insinuated that I have a dog named Georgie in my last post, like I'd name my dog after GWB just so I could keep him on a leash and decide where he leaves a mess. He's not a dog, I really do have George W. Bush here, in my living room, holding the leash in his mouth, while he passes gas, awaiting walkies, but I would never name a dog after him. That would be rude to the dog.
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Tue Jun 12, 2007  at  01:31 PM
Alright, I don't really have George W. Bush in my living room, waiting for me to stare at him so I get dragged off to Gitmo, which kinda looks like a dog kennel in places, but I do have a leash that I would really like to put on him. It's got real sparkly fake diamonds and stuff, the kind you'd put on a well-trimmed poodle. I've also got one with big metal bulldog spikes on it that I'm saving for Dick Cheney. My guess is he likes that type of thing... bet they both smell bad when they get wet, too... ugggh
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Tue Jun 12, 2007  at  01:43 PM
About the woman arrested for making faces at the police dod, another site I visit carried the story and mentioned that the dog fixated on her since she was right next to the dog. The dog was unable to pay attention to the patrol officer, putting the officer in danger since the dog would be slow in responding. Maybe she was just asking to see the dog's badge?
Posted by Christopher Cole  in  Tucson, AZ  on  Tue Jun 12, 2007  at  09:19 PM