Steve Bedrosian, Website Hoaxer
image I've listed the hoax website buydehydratedwater.com on this site before. But here are a few other sites to consider:

• Vend-a-Temp: a new solution to HR management. "With the placement of a Vend-A-Temp machine in your establishment, you will have a constant supply of competent, ready-to-work temporary employees whenever and where ever you need them."

• A New Identity: Just tell this company who you would like to become in the future, and they'll help you create a whole new identity for yourself.

• Carbon Free Diamonds: A diamond manufacturer dedicated to the production of only "100% pure, carbon-free diamonds."

• Grow Your Own Florist: Stop getting gouged by florists. Grow your own florist instead.

• University of Nigeria: "creators of the advanced fee methodology and related business technologies."

The reason I've listed these all together is that according to their registration info they're all created by the same guy: Steve Bedrosian, a resident of Alhambra, CA. Their production value is pretty high, so Steve must have spent a good amount of time on them. But I'm really not sure what Steve's motive is. Why this entire little alternative web universe? Is it all just a joke? Is he advertising his web design skills? He created buydehydratedwater.com back in 2000, but his other websites appear to be of much more recent vintage (March, 2004). I've emailed Steve, so hopefully he'll let me know what the story is behind these sites.
Websites
Posted by The Curator on Sun May 02, 2004 Comments (6)
First.. you're website rocks.

Now about this post. I checked all the links, and only the university of nigeria is working. The rest gave errors.
I'm not sure if it's me or if there are no more websites at those adresses.

Pascalle
Posted by omnipasje  in  Rotterdam, Netherlands  on  Sun May 02, 2004  at  08:17 PM
They all seem to work for me, no matter what browser I use: safari, explorer, netscape.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Sun May 02, 2004  at  08:26 PM
You were wondering about motive. My guess would be the motive is the Ads by Google on each site.
Posted by Rob  in  Sydney, Australia  on  Mon May 03, 2004  at  05:38 AM
I believe that the web sites have reached their bandwidth limit, as now even the university of nigeria one is down. Posting links here has apparantly overwhelmed the bandwidth.
Posted by Bill  on  Tue May 04, 2004  at  12:24 PM
Perhaps it might be wise to make clear that the Steve Bedrosian behind these Website hoaxes is not the same person as Steve Bedrosian the one-time Philadelphia Phillies closer? (Steve Bedrosian the hoaxer came up in Google when I was hunting information regarding Steve Bedrosian the former Cy Young Award-winning pitcher, who by the way lives in Atlanta and is said involved in local politics, the poor guy.)
Posted by Jeff  in  California  on  Fri Sep 16, 2005  at  02:50 PM
Hi,

I'm sure Steve Bedrosian "Bedro" to me, hasn't emailed you back. So, let me tell you, it's all for fun. His sites are all for fun...oh so much fun.
If you can't laugh about it, then you simply don't have a sense of humor. Trust me, I've know Steve for several years now, and he is not ripping anyone off...anywhere.

CM
Posted by CRM  in  l.a.  on  Tue Jun 13, 2006  at  03:53 PM
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.