Princess Caraboo, servant girl who became a princess, 1817
Vilcabamba, the town of very old people, 1978
Tourist Guy 9/11 Hoax, Sep 2001
'Solar Armor' freezes man in Nevada Desert, 1874
Rare planetary alignment decreases gravity, 1976
The Great New York Zoo Escape Hoax, 1874
Avon Derma-Full vs. Resident Evil T-Virus
On the left is Avon's Derma-Full X3 Facial Filling Serum. On the right is the T-Virus from Resident Evil. Notice a resemblance? A lot of people have.

When I first saw this, I thought it must be some kind of internet joke. Avon wouldn't really design one of its products to look exactly like a well-known fictional virus with the power to animate dead tissue and create an army of zombies? Would they? But as far as I can tell, that's exactly what they've done. (Thanks to Kingmonkey!)
Categories: Fashion, Products
Posted by The Curator on Fri Mar 13, 2009
I never thought that zombies had very good complexions.
Posted by gcason  on  Fri Mar 13, 2009  at  07:13 AM
...Yeah, but a lot of cosmetics companies have been doing the spiral suspension in a gell/lotion for a while. I think it's just a marketing thing to make it look more scientific than it really is.
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Fri Mar 13, 2009  at  10:41 AM
Hey, they'd make perfect SF LARPing props!

Avon and nerd culture FTW!!
Posted by D F Stuckey  in  Auckland New Zealand  on  Fri Mar 13, 2009  at  10:41 PM
I was fast forwarding through some commercials had to wind back to this one because I thought it was for a new Resident Evil movie. Yet the big twist ending never came and they were just trying to sell me cosmetics. It seems like a very strange marketing ploy. Even if the cosmetics industry was using this sort of package design before the RE t-virus depiction, which one is it more identified with in the public eye these days? I'm certainly not going to use the stuff.
Posted by Joe  in  Panama City, FL  on  Tue Mar 17, 2009  at  12:44 PM
strangely they do seem to have a resemblance. i think its really really freaky and i honestly don't see myself buying that Avon product at ALL!!!! can any one else say CREEPY????
Posted by Mercedes  in  Mancos, Colorado  on  Thu Mar 19, 2009  at  01:35 PM
I buy it but it is not good.
Posted by mercedes rent a car  in  U.S.A  on  Thu Jun 24, 2010  at  04:07 PM