Rachael Ray cooks her family and her dog
The worms inside your face
Life discovered on the moon, 1835
Use your left ear to detect lies
The Lovely Feejee Mermaid, 1842
The boy with the golden tooth, 1593
September Morn, the painting that shocked the censor, 1913
The Society for Indecency to Naked Animals, 1959
The most sacred relic: the Holy Foreskin, circa 800 AD
Vilcabamba, the town of very old people, 1978
April Fool’s Day Effect
The site seems to be loading very slowly today, and a few people have reported not being able to access it at all. This is the beginning of the April Fool's Day effect. Traffic to the site increases and causes the performance of the site to nosedive. I'm guessing this will last until April 2nd. There's absolutely nothing I can do about it.
Categories: April Fools Day, Miscellaneous
Posted by The Curator on Thu Mar 31, 2005
Makes sense
I've been trying to get here all morning, thought you might be down for maintenance.

no, no its no good I'm still not able to connect. Maybe I'll try later
Posted by Sharruma  on  Thu Mar 31, 2005  at  02:40 PM
Seems to be working and fast to me, now at least.
Posted by Steven Birch  on  Thu Mar 31, 2005  at  02:56 PM
The server guy, Nevin, made some tweaks. Hopefully things will be working better now.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Thu Mar 31, 2005  at  03:13 PM
The server was slow as frozen molasses this morning, but it's much better now.
I guess Nevin knows his stuff.
Posted by Big Gary C  in  Dallas, Texas  on  Thu Mar 31, 2005  at  05:10 PM
Tomorrow will be the real test. USA Today called to tell me there's going to be something about the top 100 april fools list in there tomorrow. They also asked me point blank if there really was a Museum of Hoaxes, so I had to tell them no.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Thu Mar 31, 2005  at  05:15 PM
Congratulations, Don Alex... how does it feel to be famous, like myself, Raoul, International Ambassador of Impulsive Love? I hope you are well tanned, so the flashes of the stinking Paparrazzi will not make your flesh look pasty and unatractive. This is my wish: May you drink fine vintages and be massaged daily, like me, Raoul, King of The Wild Frontier
Posted by Raoul  on  Thu Mar 31, 2005  at  06:48 PM
i'm gonna shave all my visible body hair and tell everyone i got cancer
Posted by william cagle  in  usa  on  Thu Mar 31, 2005  at  08:02 PM
There is a Museum of Hoaxes, Alex. It just happens to reside in a server rather than in a building. wink
Posted by Myst  on  Thu Mar 31, 2005  at  09:37 PM
I see a light, far in the distance, moving towards me, snaking along the valley. If this is my Chariot of Fire, I am ready, for I have long planned of my coming journey to a faraway place. Though I may have strayed from The Land of My Birth, I have seen much, and loved greatly, and have no regrets... I stand and wait, I, Raoul, He Who Must Tour... Rrrraoul
Posted by Raoul  on  Thu Mar 31, 2005  at  09:43 PM
Here's something you can do about it, you knob!
Take a lesson from the super(hyper)bowl...
Charge more for advertisers.2 days only.
Then send me giant grasshopper pics,which is all the thanks i need pal.
Posted by mean_drunk  on  Fri Apr 01, 2005  at  03:08 PM