Tourist Guy 9/11 Hoax, Sep 2001
A black lion: real or fake?
Baby Yoga, aka Swinging Your Kid Around Your Head
The Hoaxing Hitchhiker, 1941
Did Paul McCartney die on Nov. 9, 1966?
Dog wins art contest, 1974
Adolf Hitler Baby Photo Hoax, 1933
The Case of the Vanishing Belly Button, 1964
The Gallery of Fake Viral Images
Jean Gauntt, the Immortal Baby, 1939
Anti-Theft Lunch Bag
Designed to deter sandwich thieves. Green splotches are printed on both sides: "After your sandwich is placed inside, no one will want to touch it."

The bag was designed by Sherwood Forlee, who describes himself as "a designer with no design or art education." He also writes that he "calls himself a designer because it sounds hip and no one likes hanging around a nerd at a party."

One of his other inventions is a "Vaginal Simulator," which isn't a sex toy. "Rather, it is one of the most advanced and effective tampon testing simulators."
Categories: Food, Technology
Posted by The Curator on Fri Sep 12, 2008
Before:
"Where's my sandwich? It was right here in the office fridge."
"I saw it in there this morning. I guess somebody swiped it."

After:
"Where's my sandwich? It was right here in the office fridge."
"I dunno. I only saw a real old one that had gone all green and moldy. It was so disgusting I threw it away."
Posted by Big Gary  in  Athens, Texas  on  Fri Sep 12, 2008  at  06:09 PM
You mean that sandwiches aren't supposed to look like that? Oh dear.

Personally, I find that making horseradish, pickled pepper and chutney sandwiches tends to discourage people from stealing my own lunches.
Posted by Accipiter  on  Fri Sep 12, 2008  at  10:38 PM
I find that the fact Habanero sauce and guacamole look alike tends to keep theft down to a one time entertainment. wink
Posted by Captain DaFt  on  Fri Sep 12, 2008  at  11:33 PM
That's actually a pretty cool and funny idea. lol
Posted by Josh  in  Texas  on  Mon Sep 15, 2008  at  09:15 PM
I gotta say, those lunch bags are pretty tuff.
I want some! XD

*makes a mental note to find some*
Posted by Lucy Boomcrackle  in  Tennessee  on  Tue Sep 16, 2008  at  10:35 PM
I once knew a girl whose lunch was stolen so much that she did the old "Cod Oil Spaghetti Trick". She never had a lunch stolen after that. Hehe... tongue wink
Posted by Thebes  in  Albuquerque  on  Wed Sep 17, 2008  at  06:54 PM