Adolf Hitler Baby Photo Hoax, 1933
September Morn, the painting that shocked the censor, 1913
The Great Space Monkey Hoax, 1953
The Crown Prince Regent of Thulia, 1954
Actress who claimed she was kidnapped by puritans, 1950
The boy with the golden tooth, 1593
Did Poe say 'The best things in life make you sweaty'?
Mencken's fake history of the bathtub, 1917
The disumbrationist art hoax, 1924
Can a bar of soap between your sheets ease muscle cramps?
Alien Head Inside A Duck
Status: a real x-ray (showing what looks like an alien head to me)
image It seems like it's been a while since there's been anything really unusual or novel offered on eBay, which is why this auction for an alien head inside a duck is a bit of a relief. At last, something new. (To be a bit more specific, what you get if you win the auction is an x-ray of an alien head inside a duck, not an actual alien head, nor a duck.) From the description of the item:

On Sunday, May 21st, an adult male mallard was brought to the International Bird Rescue Research Center (IBRRC), with what appeared to be a broken wing. Since 1971, the IBRRC has been rescuing birds from the devastating effects of oil spills around the world. Marie Travers, assistant manager of the center, radiographed the mallard and was immediately shocked by what was revealed on the x-ray. A very clear image of what appeared to be the face, or head, of an extraterrestrial alien was in the bird's stomach.

Bidding has already reached $3,450.00, and there's a couple of days left before the auction ends. I can't imagine Golden Palace will want to pass this up.
Categories: eBay, Extraterrestrial Life
Posted by The Curator on Mon May 29, 2006
*faceplants*

Oh come *ON* people....
Posted by Robin Bobcat  in  Californian Wierdo  on  Tue May 30, 2006  at  12:29 AM
Are you SURE that's not the Virgin Mary cheese sandwich he ate??? LOL
Posted by Christopher in Joplin, Missouri  in  Joplin, Mo  on  Tue May 30, 2006  at  07:18 AM
Why didnt they dissect the duck? Hmm..
Posted by Nat  on  Tue May 30, 2006  at  07:56 AM
I looked at this on Ebay and am astonished that anyone would place bids on this. It appears to be an impacted egg which is more common than folks realize. I had this problem with a couple of my birds (I took care of wild orphans and injured birds from small to ducks -licensed- as well as my own exotics), and impacted eggs are not a laughing matter. No wonder this poor duck was drooping a wing.
Posted by hulitoons  in  Abingdon, Maryland  on  Tue May 30, 2006  at  08:05 AM
Ah, an impacted egg inside a male duck, Huli?
Posted by Smerk  in  to mischief  on  Tue May 30, 2006  at  09:45 AM
Maybe they couldn't tell the difference between boy ducks & girl ducks.
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Tue May 30, 2006  at  10:01 AM
If you look at the comments, it's obvious they're just having some fun and not taking themselves seriously. As for why people are bidding on it..maybe it's because the money is going to a good cause? I don't see any harm in it and I hope people will keep bidding.
Posted by Sakano  in  Ohio  on  Tue May 30, 2006  at  11:09 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! okay! I didn't realize they'd assigned this as being a male duck! And yes, if it's a worthwile cause, bid away!
Posted by hulitoons  in  Abingdon, Maryland  on  Tue May 30, 2006  at  11:13 AM
So that's where bird flu REALLY came from.
Posted by Owen  on  Wed May 31, 2006  at  06:44 AM
Well it doesnt beat the e-bay air guitar sold for somat around 7k. or that specimin pot of mud from the pyrimid stage from a recent glasto that sold for something really stupid. i might have well just scraped the piss and shit crud off my wellies and put it up for sale.
Posted by gericka  in  UK  on  Wed May 31, 2006  at  07:02 AM
^^How much?
Posted by Owen  on  Wed May 31, 2006  at  12:19 PM
The main thing to remember is that this for charity (a good one) and is obviously tongue in cheek.

As for various other comments like

"why didn't they dissect the duck?"

umm, they did and found nothing but grain inside, a fact that is stated plain as day in the description.

I think the above also has some bearing on Hulitoon's impacted egg diagnosis.

I don't think anyone bidding on this really thinks that it is an alien inside a duck..though some whacko's might I guess.
Posted by Chuck  in  Rhode Island  on  Wed May 31, 2006  at  03:55 PM
this is a hoax

why are they in need of fund raising for this stupid joke ?
Posted by plain beauty  in  california  on  Tue Jun 06, 2006  at  04:50 AM
I guess Golden Palace *did* take them up on it. smile
Posted by Ponygirl  on  Tue Jun 06, 2006  at  05:52 AM
What are you people smoking?! Why aren't we dissecting and studying this speciman instead of auctioning? I see you all over there LUAO!!! hahahahahahahaha!!!
Posted by The sensible one  on  Tue Jun 06, 2006  at  05:28 PM
Well,I was going to say something,but since this obviously was a charity auction I suppose something good came out of stupidity,for once LOL !,but I still wonder why people can
Posted by nitedrive  in  sweden  on  Mon Jul 31, 2006  at  05:53 PM
I meant to write incentive,not incitament(I
Posted by nitedrive  in  sweden  on  Mon Jul 31, 2006  at  05:56 PM
That is so weird... and unreal raspberry
Posted by Paul Naki  in  Nebraka  on  Wed Feb 06, 2008  at  04:02 PM
Fake. Superfake. Extrasuperfake. Stupid. So stupid it hurts.
Posted by Hawker  in  Doyliesville  on  Thu May 15, 2008  at  10:25 AM