The Diaphote, a television hoax, 1880
The Great Wall of China Hoax, 1899
The Hoaxing Hitchhiker, 1941
The boy with the golden tooth, 1593
Dog wins art contest, 1974
Monkeys pick cotton, a 19th-century urban legend
Toast Appears on Jesus Christ
John Ordover sent this in. He was looking at a picture of Jesus (or rather, an artist's interpretation of what Jesus might have looked like) when he realized a piece of toast had miraculously appeared on it. I think this must be a message from John's toaster! But can we be sure that actually is a piece of toast? It kinda looks like a granola bar to me.
Categories: Pareidolia, Religion
Posted by The Curator on Sun Mar 30, 2008
OMG! I hope I didn't just wake up my wife and daughter laughing at this. LOL
Posted by Tah  in  Idaho (Yes, Idaho)  on  Mon Mar 31, 2008  at  12:07 AM
I cant find it... :(
Posted by April  in  Foolsvile  on  Mon Mar 31, 2008  at  01:00 AM
wait, is it in his beared?
Posted by April  in  Foolsvile  on  Mon Mar 31, 2008  at  01:48 AM
Wow, it took me a while, but now that I've seen it, I can't NOT see it - Know what I mean?

Freaky.
Posted by Puck  on  Mon Mar 31, 2008  at  02:12 AM
Clearly, Toast is trying to tell us The End Is Near.
Posted by Cranky Media Guy  on  Mon Mar 31, 2008  at  04:10 AM
Where's the image?
Posted by Tonio  in  Puerto Rico  on  Mon Mar 31, 2008  at  08:05 AM
Ummmm, so whats with the weird distored image area around the "toast" ?

And it looks like a crouton. Bread is almost never prefectly that square.
Posted by DJ_Canada  in  Edmonton, Alberta, Canada  on  Mon Mar 31, 2008  at  12:46 PM
Amazing coincidence.

The other day I was looking at a picture of Moses, and an image of some Matzohs appeared just above the horns.
Posted by Big Gary  in  San Juan, Texas  on  Mon Mar 31, 2008  at  02:22 PM
My bread never looks that perfect. (mainly due to kids being less than careful with the package) I am going to say that this is clearly 'shopped. No way a piece of toast can be that perfectly square, and that perfectly toasted. My toast ALWAYS ends up half toasted and half untoasted.

And, OMG, is the toast SMILING at me??? I may be delusional.
Posted by red_dragon_girl_69  in  Earth, I think  on  Mon Mar 31, 2008  at  02:44 PM
I think I see Jesus IN the toast.
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Mon Mar 31, 2008  at  04:55 PM
I think I see Jesus IN the toast.
Posted by Maegan in Tampa, FL - USA on Mon Mar 31, 2008 at 12:55 PM

But if you look really close, you can see an image of the toast in the image of Jesus in the image of toast in the image of Jesus...
Posted by Christopher  in  Warm, sunny Florida  on  Mon Mar 31, 2008  at  05:42 PM
more like John ONDORE I AM RITE GUYS
Posted by ased  on  Mon Mar 31, 2008  at  05:43 PM
Clearly, this image is saying that unless you belive, you're toast. Unless you can butter God up, you'll be in a jam.
Posted by Christopher Cole  in  Tucson, AZ  on  Mon Mar 31, 2008  at  06:01 PM
Based on the artist's interpretation of The Prophet Jesus, I'd say it's a pretty sure bet that the toast is made from White Bread. Should've looked more like pumpernickel (or "pan por nicol" for you purists).
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Mon Mar 31, 2008  at  06:04 PM
no, no, not toast. It's a dog biscuit--as in omidog!
Is it telling us to "stay" or "heel" or...?
Posted by FAN #1  on  Mon Mar 31, 2008  at  06:43 PM
I think this is a fake photograph, yes? If you look very close, there are the sources of light on "Jesus" from the backs and the front, but the toast has only the light from the upper right, so the shadows do not make the match, okay? And you thought Raoul did not have it right from the get-up-and-go, admit this, damn you. Oh, I am sorry Jesus... Ha ha ha, I am only doing the April joke for the fools, so do not consign my soul to everlasting damnation, okay Jdog? Rrrraoul
Posted by Raoul  on  Tue Apr 01, 2008  at  01:07 AM
I believe this may be a joke. I have yet to find the toast, and am worried that if i turn the sound up a scary face will scream at me.
Nice try.
Posted by April  in  Foolsvile  on  Tue Apr 01, 2008  at  04:53 AM
WWTD
What would Toast do?
Posted by Antonio  on  Tue Apr 01, 2008  at  01:45 PM
the Father, the Son, and the Holy Toast
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Tue Apr 01, 2008  at  08:45 PM
Jesus Crust
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Tue Apr 01, 2008  at  08:45 PM
I'm a waffle man myself. All hail the Holy Waffle!
Posted by Elwood Herring  on  Thu Apr 03, 2008  at  03:27 PM
@ Christopher Cole: My attorney will be calling on you in a lame attempt to extract $500 to pay for my monitor after I sprayed it with sugary Dr. Pepper as I read your comment above! grin

I guess I'm toast for even thinking about it, huh?

----
Separate comment in same posting: I can't believe how "aryan" the image of Jesus is. Not a touch of his proud semitic heritage.
Posted by Tod  in  Shallow Alto  on  Thu Apr 03, 2008  at  04:17 PM
Blasphemers! Heretics! Do you not recognize Shredded Wheat when it appears before your foolish eyes?
Posted by MicroZealous  on  Thu Apr 03, 2008  at  04:42 PM
Ted, I said the Toast should be pumpernickel instead of white bread, but you're right- it should be a nice, tangy, seeded rye bread, Grossinger's brand comes to mind. It's the best part of a Rueben, oh yeah
Posted by Hairy Houdini  on  Thu Apr 03, 2008  at  04:53 PM
That's the craziest lapel pin I've ever seen. Is that Toastmasters?
Posted by Pinnen Taylor  on  Thu Apr 03, 2008  at  05:08 PM
Seamless
Posted by bob  on  Thu Apr 03, 2008  at  06:09 PM
It's sooo obviously not toast...

Weren't figs mentioned in the Bible?

Most definitely a Fig Newton! grin
Posted by shuke  in  Carlsbad  on  Thu Apr 03, 2008  at  06:10 PM
Of course the toast is perfect. After all, it IS Jesus Toast.
Posted by The Barber of Civility  in  Atlanta  on  Thu Apr 03, 2008  at  09:48 PM
It's eerie; it's like the toast follows me around the room wherever I go.

That's one creepy savior.
Posted by Redx  on  Fri Apr 04, 2008  at  07:58 AM
And of course it's stuck to him with the buttered side.
Posted by Lugosi  in  Northern VA  on  Fri Apr 04, 2008  at  03:05 PM
Comments: Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 >