Snowball the Monster Cat, 2000
Female thieves hide money in their bras, 1950
Cursed by Allah
Pierre Brassau, Monkey Artist, 1964
Old-Time Photo Fakery, 1900 to 1919
The Cottingley Fairies, 1917
The Case of the Vanishing Belly Button, 1964
Samsung invents the on/off switch
The Nobody For President Campaign, 1940 to Present
Nigerian Bulldog Scam
image The latest in the long series of what are known as 'Nigerian Scams' is one featuring bulldog puppies.

Three red flags went up when Mindy Gorman enquired after a $500 bulldog advertised on the Savannah Morning News website. When she emailed the sellers, they replied with an announcement that the puppies had been sold, but:

"... You're lucky to have mailed at this time because the puppy has just been placed on adoption by one of my customers, who went on a veterinarian work transfer with the West African veterinarian commission Lagos Nigeria, West Africa. He is giving the pup up for adoption because he cant take good care of the pup due to his busy and tight state of work. All he wants is someone that's homely and with a good christian home to adopt this young and lovely human best friend."

Then there was the fact that the seller was in Nigeria. Thirdly, when she offered to pay to the transport of the puppy using Pay Pal, the seller, who identified himself as 'Pastor Harry', said that he would only accept a $500 payment sent to Lagos via Western Union.

Ms Gorman did not go through with the transaction, but another customer in the area lost $900 on the scam.

Jeff Thomas, with the Savannah office of the U.S. Secret Service, was unaware of the Nigerian puppy scam. But the details, including the offer of English bulldogs in a state where the biggest football mascot is the same breed, didn't surprise him.
"These folks are not dumb," he said. "They may do their homework in terms of regional interest. People here are nuts about Georgia football."
Thomas suggests puppy lovers approach any Nigerian offers with skepticism.

The website no longer runs the advertisement.
Categories: Animals, Con Artists
Posted by Boo on Mon Oct 09, 2006
wow! i can see i wasnt the only one this happened to lol! i received the exact same emails from .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address), they requested 200usd for shipping and had to be sent out to nigeria. what bunch of b.s
Posted by art v  on  Tue Jun 09, 2009  at  11:01 AM
My father and I went looking around on puppyfind.com for a new puppy. We emailed the seller of a puppy (.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)) about her dog and this is what she said:

"You're lucky to have mailed at this time because the puppy has just
been placed on adoption by one of my customers, who went on a
Missionary transfer with the West African Missionaries to Nigeria,
West Africa. He is giving the pup up for adoption for $300 because he
can't take good care of the pup due to his busy and tight schedule at
church and at his missionary work. All he wants is someone that's
homely and with a good home to adopt this young and lovely human best
friend." he will give the Puppy to you if you promise to take good
care of the puppy. He needs a good and caring home for his puppy
because he really wants the puppy to go to a good home. If you are
willing to take the puppy contact Rev at ( .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) )
Thanks"

Sounds strikingly similar to the above message right? We didn't know that then so we emailed him.

"Hello,

My name is Rev Jimmy .Yes the puppy is still up for adoption.I am in the climax of my missionary training which I am very happy about.I was posted to Nigeria(West Africa) for a missionary assignment which will round up my missionary school.My love for God has changed so many lives and brought hope to the lost.My puppy is Akc reg and ready for a good home.She is potty trained and loves kids and other domestic pets.Adopting her out is not something I am happy doing but I have no choice.My puppy's name is Jasmin and she is 12wks.I am in search for a good and caring person for Jasmin.I am presently in West Africa Nigeria with the puppy.I am giving the puppy for $300 including shipping and handling charges.If interested in giving Jasmin a good home get back to me with your full shipping information which includes your

Full Name............?
Address........................?
City...................................?
State..................................?
Zip code............................?
Telephone number.............?
Closest International Airport.............?

You can also reach me on cell phone 011-234-802-744-293.I want you to kown that i have attached her pix for you to see how pretty she is.I await your reply.
Thanks And God bless
Rev Blair Jimmy."
Thank God I found this place and watched an episode of Dateline NBC!
Posted by Kat T.  in  Ohio  on  Tue Jun 09, 2009  at  06:26 PM
hello; i recently got scammed. this guy was from the US & got sent over to Africa for missionary. His name is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). He had us to believe him; he got $450 for the dog; & called the next day & said he had to have $200 more to get him shipped. He said he wasnt aware of this at the time; because he didnt have to have that when he got his "babies" sent there.
We are so mad about this; but very sad also.
I just dont see how these people could do this to innocent people. & to use GOD in their foolish acts; its just ridiculous. Has anyone found out what we can do to get our money back from these people? Me & my Boyfriend wanted one so bad but couldnt afford to pay $1000 for one. But maybe we should of, we would of probably got the dog. But after i sent him the $200 he said he would be here is 24hours. Well the next day came around; & he called. Which it was very hard to understand him, he said that he was stuck at customs. He said he had to have $1000 to get him out of quarantine or he was headed for the ZOO. Well we kept telling him that we wasnt going to send anymore money to him; & he kept begging. He said he has tried to borrow & he had came up with $750. & wanted us to pay the rest. We kept replying NO. He told us to ask everyone he said we know that we loved that dog, & he wanted to get him there as soon as possible. The dogs name was PECKY. So here we are out $700 over a scam. We have wrote him back & told him that we couldnt believe that he put GOD in his lies; but he will answer to him one day. & i wish the worst for those who are scamming us. sorry for all of you that got scammed like me; i feel so dumb. But i didnt believe someone could use GOD like that.
So is there anything to do; or are we just out $700. ?
Posted by lonij  in  west virginia  on  Sat Aug 01, 2009  at  01:20 AM
This one was in a local newspaper ad. Free 12 week old bulldog puupy to good home.
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) was the email address that he used.. reply to my email is below

Thanks for your interest on my lovely English bulldog is still available to good home,I am highly excited that my baby is joining a new good family member i really appreciate your interest, She is 12 weeks,She is AKC registered and her shots are given up to date,she weight 15lbs and would be approx. 55lbs full grown.She love playing with kids and other animal.All her papers will accompany her with one year health guarantee.Well i would have loved to meet with you , I am currently in Africa on a work transfer with the veterinarian Exhibition commission Nigeria ,West Africa and i took the puppy along with me because there is nobody to take care of her. The puppy is with a Current vaccinations, vet exam,health certificate from a licensed vet and a written guarantee of health( 1yr). recently checked by a licensed Vet Doctor for heart, knees, skin, correct bite,All these you will see in her pictures which are current okay, We are not initially getting rid of her but due to the harsh weather and my mission over here so we need to get a good loving and caring home for this puppy,And i hope you are going to take very good care of our baby.we are going to ship her to you via Express pets delivery on next day delivery after shipment through a shipping agent, am leaving her for $350, So if you are interested in having her,i want you to get back to me with your full name, address, phone # including the nearest airport to you. Please if you know that you are not going to take very good care of my baby do not reply me because i am only giving her out because we don't have time to take care of her again due to the mission work before me. or call me on 0112348033987362 or +2348033987362.

I knew it had to be a scam right away when I read this. red flags are all ove the place so I looked it up online and sure enough it it! I can't believe ppl still fall for this stuff!
Posted by Lee  in  Port Charlotte, Fl  on  Thu Aug 13, 2009  at  05:07 PM
Hi there i almost got scammed also!!! i was so close on sending money through money gram~~!! i am so pissed off though because i was so excited on getting those english bulldogs! The nerve of these people are ridiculous! I even had long conversations with the person and couldnt even understand a word they were saying even though they told me they came from the US and left on a Missionairy trip. I alsmot fell for it because i know people that have gone on missioniary trips. The lady on the phone was so pushy about me sending money and offered me to pay half so she could send them and that i could pay her the other half when i got it. Really who would let a complete stranger pay half for something and pay the rest later, doesnt make any sense especailly if u are thousounds of miles aways. Both of the emails were ending with BEST regards so i felt like it was very fishy, but i feel so dumb and should of knew alot better. I hope that more people come or stubmble over this site before they lose any of their money!
Posted by KSaephan  in  Illinois  on  Sat Aug 22, 2009  at  01:56 AM
so, i almost got scammed too. by this travis mcdonnald guy he says the same things many of you have noted. thank god i found your comments. i was headed to western union or whatever today! its crazy how people do this. his "friend" i suppose that referred him to me goes by lora holder. his email is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and hers is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) he called me from a (201) number which is an ohio area code. i will send more later. thank you all again for posting your stories. i will be back for mine..
Posted by Tascha  in  Ut.  on  Fri Sep 11, 2009  at  11:26 AM
I was recently scaned by the same individuals but usung the names Sandra Smith breeder, Minnie squires (who claimed to have pups) and Karen Trumbull (agent in Tuscon). sandra told me her litter was already sold she had a sight on a breeders network on english bulldogs. I was intereted in a female bulldog she stated that her last one was sold to a debby stedman. that her friend .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) was letting two english bulldog pups go for a reduced price because her son was striked by cancer in new york. pictures of two pups were sent to me via e-mail,from minnie. i was given a phone number in new yorkName : Minnie Squires

Address: 12 salier ave apt 9

City: Plattsburgh

State: New York

Zip Code: 12771

Phone: 347-853-7408
which i called and she stated that they were available and i tried to use pay-pal and she also told me that she had problems with pay-pal and i had to use money-gram. I like a D#$@ A*& sent 650 dollars and would pay the remainder as soon as they arrived. money was sent to Karen Trumbull in tuscon az as she was so called agent. Karen Trumbull Address: 4 Kenndy Lane City: Tuscon State: Arizona.I was given a flight number and airline name where they were to arrive in Colorado springs Co
5:09 pm Depart New York (LGA)
Arrive Colorado Springs (COS) 10:00 pm Thu 15-Oct
Duration: 6hr 51mn UNITED AIRLINE 409 / 6659
They then called and stated that the agent Karen trumbull refused to ship them in the crates they had so the needed another200.00 dollars per pup to send them. I refused to send the 400.00 and then i knew i was scamed. I felt violated yet stupid for falling for this deal. I'm just a person who believes to much in trust and thought with the contact of several people talking with them directly and referred by a breeder who had a sight for pups and numerous pics of the pups were sent that i was okay. Well i did a reverse phone search of the nuber and it comes back to a cell phone in Brooklyn New York. A karen trumbull did pick up the funds in Arizona but Money Gram refuses to give any information on the person even though they certainly have video of the person whom picked up the funds. We would think that since this has been going on for so long which i didnt know about that the FBI would help by getting video of the perrson and posting iy on tv for consumers to view and file charges. well I learned a lesson but it was a valueable one and unfortunatly it will take a toll on my entire family.
Posted by jOHN CARRERO  in  Pueblo Co  on  Sun Oct 18, 2009  at  01:13 PM
i almost got scammed for 100$ also. hehehe.. damn that cute bulldogs.. hehe

the agency name is:

INTERNATIONAL PETS DELIVERY AGENCY NIGERIA

here is the name of the person:

Name.................... .....MR Johnson Thompson
Address..................... 129 Isolo,lagos,pmb 31026,NIGERIA
Country..................... Nigeria
Zip Code...........23401
Posted by maron  in  ph  on  Mon Oct 19, 2009  at  10:16 AM
I almost scammed by this guy William Noble as well, he claimed to be a reverend. So thinking he was a reverend I decided to google his name and I found this site. So I sent him a screen copy of this website LOL! Is there any way we can report this guy??
Posted by Crystal Throop  in  Grand Rapids, Michigan  on  Wed Nov 04, 2009  at  10:49 AM
DO NOT BUY OR SEND ANY MONEY TO ALEXANDER GALA!!
He is a SCAMMER!!!!! This is how I almost got scammed. Its seemed like it was all true but once I researched his name on google there were two other stories about the same guy and that he supposely works for the American Peace Corps. People please beware do not get so caught up on the puppies and the peoples story!! Just try to put all the pieces together and please open your eyes that they might be lying.
Beware!! he sells macaws & chihuahuas! & yorkies!
I found this on : puppylounge.com
He has several pictures of the yorkie puppies he supposely has which he doesnt! anyone by these email addresses is a scammer : .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 4:49 am, Alexander gala wrote: > Hi , > > Your interest to our puppies is greatly appreciated. Billy and Mimi > are very lonely here and needs a new home. There is a male called > Billy a female called Mimi.. They are both very pretty and energetic. > Billy and Mimi are both 11weeks old and 2.5 lbs. They're very > intelligent and always very curious to learn. Both will come with all > accessories and paperwork. > I work with the American Peace Corps and I'm currently in the British > Cameroon where I took the babies to keep me company. Unfortunately i > am having very less time to take care of my puppies so I've decided to > send them back home to the U.S to anyone who can guarantee their well > being. > All you need to do is pay their shipping fee of $400 and have them > both. Have you raised Yorkie puppies before? Are the other members in > your home pet lovers? Just wish to make sure my puppies will be going > to a lovely home. Some pics attached. get back soon. > Thanks > > Alexander

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009
>Hi , Its a pleasure to hear from you and knowing that you love Yorkies. I hope you will be able to provide a lovely home for any of my puppies. Which of them do you like, the male or the female. Mimi is at the right of the picture looking a bit bigger. I can guarantee you will never regret having my puppies. Yorkies are the best amongs home pets . Through a shipping company, they take care of everything till your puppies arrive at the destination airport. All i want is a lovely home for my puppies. The shipping fee is $220 for one and $440 for both. If you are ready then i will need your full names, contact numbers and the nearest airport to your home where you will pickup the puppies. Regards Alex

He's either selling macaws or chihuahuas! beware people!!
I was about to send him the money but them I saw other scamed he tried to pull off and failed
Read more: http://pet-birds.suite101.com/topiclist/article.cfm/pet_birds_and_the_cameroon_pet_scam#ixzz0WIDEa0ru

I replied to him that he is a scammer and that I saw his name on the internet trying to cam other people he hasnt wrote back cause he knows I'm on to him! >=P
He thought I would send him money he cant fool a smart 17 year old!!
Posted by Amelia Fernanez  in  Newark, NJ  on  Sun Nov 08, 2009  at  01:40 PM
I got screwed by a lady named Barbara Arkison ( email address .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)) she told me she sold all her pups to a Linda Birds but that her friend Bill Shepherds, was a man of God and got sent to West Africa cause he was a missionary and had to travel and couldn't take the "babies" with him! His email address is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). This man sent me pictures and even called me. He wanted 800 dollars for 2 pups, but I told him that I only needed 2, he said 500 dollars! I told him ok, that I was not going to send him the whole amount, so I sent him 300 dlls. And of course I never received the pups, and he called and called and email, till I guess he realized I wasn't going to send him the rest. His friend Barbara even emailed me, trying to talk me into sending Bill more money. Of course I didn't fall for it!
Posted by Rosie  in  Texas  on  Wed Dec 02, 2009  at  10:55 PM
a fool and their money are easily parted! Why would you want to buy one of these puppies anyway (if they were real). Some random bloke e-mails selleing cute puppies. What about the poor puppies? Buying a puppy on a whim is not a good idea, there is a lot of work. If you really want a pup go to a real breader, see the parents etc. Dont buy from pet shops, puppy farms or dodgy adverts you could end up with a sick pup. Argh why do people just see pets as items they can just buy at a whim, so more fool you if you hav been conned by these e-mails!
Posted by fools  in  uk  on  Sat Dec 19, 2009  at  12:21 PM
a man scamming cash his ads say hes from all around but when you start doing contacts with him name he uses jerry attom email is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
Posted by ryan coy  in  indiana  on  Mon Jan 11, 2010  at  08:12 AM
ENGLISH BULL DOGWednesday, February 10, 2010 2:50 AM
From: "SMITH KELLY" <jordan@elfjardinco.com>Add sender to ContactsTo: undisclosed-recipients

Hello ,

My name is Smith Kelly have two English BullDog puppies for adoption,they are both AKC registered, If interested, kindly contact me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Smith
Posted by Frank Beckendorf  in  Abilene, TX  on  Wed Feb 10, 2010  at  10:50 AM
Wow! Same thing here in NE Arkansas. We didn't go through with it but were just about to make arrangements when I decided to google Bessie Dredge. We need to drop a big bomb on those scam artists. Now we sit here heartbroken...
Posted by Mike  in  NE Arkansas  on  Sat Feb 20, 2010  at  06:39 PM
forgot to mention... in our case the breeders name was listed as Patty Oakley and the Reverend Alvin Jeffrey was supposed to be from our local St. Mary's church. The dogs were listed with names of Adam and Eve at prices of $500 for one or $900 for both including overnight shipping.
Posted by Mike  in  NE Arkansas  on  Sat Feb 20, 2010  at  06:42 PM
WOWW I was almost scammed right now. Thank god i researched his email address before sending his my info! this is what he sent me :

Hi,
In about a week you will get payment.Firstly i would have love to come and see it in person but due to my job. I will be paying by money order or a check so give me your full name and address to make them payable to as i do not want to lose this sale to someone else. If you will keep it in my favor, i dont mind adding fifty dollar(50).for the delay. Pick-up wont be a problem as i already have an arrangement for that.
thanks

...

I was trying to sell my camera on craigslist.. wow
Posted by Pedro  in  New York  on  Mon Mar 01, 2010  at  04:12 PM
I was almost scammed by these people too the names they used were KELVIN TOM(a missionary giving away bulldog pups) and I was supposed to send the money via Western Union for half the shipping fee to JAMES SCOT address:12 Okere Ave-Ojota,Lagos 52340- Nigeria. Then I was supposed to email a JIMMY BROOKS when the transfer was finished I am so glad i looked into this before I sent the money but disappointed in myself as I gave them my name,address, and phone number. And even after I emailed them and told them I knew it was a hoax they sent me the shipping info.
Posted by rosa  in  minnesota  on  Wed Mar 10, 2010  at  02:20 PM
I work with a newspaper here in South Carolina. I just received a relay call from someone wishing to place a classified ad for "bolldog" puppies (spelling from a subsequent email).

After a great deal of back and forth with the operator, I got an email from Kelvin Tom with the ad...and interest in running it 21 days. I replied repeatedly that we are a WEEKLY paper. He finally settled on 20 weeks, and sent credit card information. While going back and forth with the operator, I did a quick search for Kelvin Tom + bulldogs...and found this.

Somehow I wasn't surprised that this was a scam. I've had calls like this before...and run a credit card to pay for the ad. This time, it being for over $200, and knowing that the scammers use stolen credit cards...huh. Somehow the phone call got disconnected.

I believe the calls before were for Yorkies.

While I don't want to turn down legitimate advertising, this apparently wasn't. A billing address came up as another newspaper in the state.

Very odd.
Posted by Susan  in  South Carolina  on  Tue Mar 30, 2010  at  03:26 PM
I just wanted to let you know that I almost fell for the scam as well. This web site provides all the listings that are scams (by the same seller). Notice that all the dogs are 12 weeks old. Seller is ASIM BASIT. In my case it was Reverend Troy Doyle who was in Nigeria. Yes, Troy Doyle, such an english name for some one who barely speaks english. Just giving you all a heads up!

That site shows all the scams by this person.
Posted by Another person almost Scammed  on  Thu Apr 29, 2010  at  12:53 AM
Hi. I have just fallen for the puppy scam. The breeder goes by the name of Ashly Comouxe and her email is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). The transportation agency is Royal Paws Pet City in voyage, Ohio. The name of the person I wired money to is Tony Nickman at 512 Benson St, Camden, NJ, 08103. I exchanged several emails with the breeder, fell in love with the Brussels Griffon puppy she had for sale, and answered a lot of detailed questions about whether or not I was suitable to adopt her puppy. She used "ok" alot, almost after every sentence. WHen I asked how to proceed she asked for my address and nearest airport. Two hours later she emailed me to say the puppy was with the pet transportation agency which was waiting for me to send the payment so they could transport my puppy to me. I checked out the agency first and seemed very legit. So once they contacted me I wired them $350.00 american through western union. I then received an email from the agency waying the puppy was about to board the plane and they would get back to me with the delivery time. An hour later I got another email from the agency stating that my puppy was being held at the Ohio airport because his life insurance has expired two days prior and I had to send an additional $500.00 american to get him shipped to me or I would be facing criminal charges for animal violation. I realized at that point that I was definitely being scammed. so I emailed the owner and demanded that she either straighten things out on her end and get my puppy to me, OR reimburse my money, OR I would call my lawyer and the police. She responded that if I paid the 500.00 I would be reimbursed once the puppy arrived. Ofcourse I didn't send another cent. Now I am left with no puppy, and I'm out $400.00 canadian. To make matters worse, I had to explain to my five year old daughter why the puppy wasn't coming. She cried for an hour. I have been emailing the breeder all day with nasty comments, telling her I had the police and my lawyer looking for her. SHe ahs replied twice, once to say "yes, okay" and once to say "it is normal" meaing that being scammed is normal. I am outraged, saddened and I feel like a fool. Worst of all, my poor daughter had to learn a lesson like this far too young. THese people are disgusting and must be stopped. Please pass the word around. I don't want anyone else going through this.
Posted by TRish  on  Wed Jun 02, 2010  at  07:09 PM
WOOT! Look at all these people being scammed! I'm glad I found this site with all these feedbacks. Here is an email of the guy I'm supposed to buy from. Luckily, I had a second thought when I came upon this page. Here is what he said:

Thanks for your interest in my puppy, Yes your puppy still available for adoption , and I'm so sorry i couldn't get back to you on time I was very busy. This little puppy is still very much available for adoption to a new home,I am highly excited that my baby is joining a new good family member, and i am leaving my puppy on a Trust and Honesty, I am a God fearing person, and i must to know the kind of Family i am Giving out my baby into before i provide more details on
her, firstly:

What is Your job?
Are you capable to take good care of her for me?
Have you Trained Any Pet's Before?
Are you Married? No
What is Your Age?
Are you from a Christen Family Home ? Let Me Know These Answer YES Or NO?

I really appreciate your interest in her, This little girl is potty trained and friendly with children She will make a great pet to a new family,Her name is Diva , She is 10 weeks.She is also AKC registered and her shots are given up to date, Diva love playing with kids and other animal.All her papers will accompany her with one year health guarantee.But right now I am out of the state on a Christian mission call Empowering Youth to Fight Racism HIV/AIDS, Poverty and Lack of Education with my Family and we have the puppy right here with us.we are going to ship her to you via express delivery on next day delivery after shipment through a shipping agent,so if you are interested in having the puppy , I want you to get back to me with your full name, address including the nearest airport to you. Please if you know that you are not going to take very good care of my baby, do not reply me because I am giving her on adoption because of bad condition, I am only giving this puppy out because we don't have time to take care of the puppy again due to the mission work before us here.. She will be going for free but you will be responsible for only her shipping fee shipping to your nearest Airport and which is $185, Please would you let me know if you are interested in having her,i want you to get back to me with the following information below:

With your Full Name?
Your Home Address?
Your Telephone Number?
And including the Nearest Airport to your House. ?
Price: Free
Shipping Fees:$185..00Usd
Total cost:$185.00Usd

Thank you once again for your caring and your sincerity.
Thank you and God bless you.
Regard......
Posted by Shaylie Vang  in  Twin Cities, MN  on  Thu Jun 10, 2010  at  02:58 PM
wow I'm so glad for the internet. I found an ad for a Vizsla dog for only $350. I got all excited and emailed the person right away. Yeah a reverend by the name of troy doyle saying the exact same things that everyone else is saying. Coincidence I think not!!! Thank you everyone for posting these you just saved my boyfriend some money lol
Posted by Amber Minney  in  Buckeye, AZ  on  Tue Jun 29, 2010  at  06:21 PM
Here a list of emails that I received from "Dr. Thomas Johnson" his email address is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) the lady who recommended me to him is "Maria Garcia" and her email address is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).

I was so excited about the two puppies, but when I came across champbulldogs.com they had listed a scammer with the same name...Thomas Johnson and the old email address that he was using. I do not know for sure whether this guy I have been talking to really is a scammer...but after all the research I have done I am so glad I had a weird feeling.

Everyone beware of this guy and the woman working with him. Both of their english is bad...the guy even called me last night from Africa...horrible english!!

Sandy,

Sorry for the late in response, a lot of patients to attend to. Just got off work now. Below is the information needed for the shipment of the baby.

Full Name,Address
City, State
Country, Zip code
Phone #
Nearest Airport

Also find the attachment for Kristy's other pictures. As soon as I have the above details, I will provide you with the details needed to make payment for the immediate shipment of the baby.

It is notm possible for me too to ship you the puppy and receive payment afre shipment. The money is needed to ship the puppy and the shipping company will no ship the baby without receiving the payment. You can email Maria and ask her if I am real or not. I don't know what else to do to assure you.

I understand where you are coming from and it would have been better if I had an account here. I am giving you 100% assurance that you have nothing to worry about. I a Christian, 58yrs and I certainly cannot rip you off your hard earned money. It will only bring me ill luck and disaster if I ever try it because it is against my belief as a Christian.

I decided to let you send 300 just to make you feel more comfortable and relaxed. Kristy will be shipped on a next day delivery either to your address or airport; you will have to decide where you want her delivered to. It
Posted by Sandy Y.  in  ABQ, NM  on  Fri Jul 23, 2010  at  10:27 AM
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) beware much like the same stories above but with french bulldogs
Posted by A miller  in  Fort Worth, tx  on  Fri Aug 13, 2010  at  06:59 PM
The scammers tactic has changed, there are still all the misspellings and grammar that sounds like a foreigner trying to write really good English. The one that replied to my inquiry was Angelina something or other, I would copy and paste the content of the email in but I marked it as a phishing scam within my email server on its way to Hotmail. The gist of it is that they are offering dirt cheap or "free" english bulldog puppies and they ask for all kinds of personal info in order to steal your identity. They claim that you don't send the money to have your puppy shipped to them but that it goes to the delivery company that will deliver the pup right to your door. There are many of these scumbags out there on the online classifieds. A lot of them were listed as local to my area, so for one of them I asked if I could go and pick up the free puppy, and no suprise, I have not received a response.
Posted by CLARISSA  in  Haskell, Arkansas  on  Tue Aug 31, 2010  at  05:11 PM
I saw an ad in the dallas morning news yesterday for someone giving away free english bulldog puppies to a good home...when i emailed her, she sent back this email:

Hello

The puppy I advertised on the webpage has been adopted by rev. Peter residing at Florida and the puppy is doing quite well with him and his family according to his last comment about the puppy welfare at their resident. I want to refer you to one of my customers who was a graduate of Denver Seminary and he works as the Bereavement Manager at Hospice of Metro Denver. He bought two puppies from me as well and . He has been transfered to West Africa in continuations to his missionary work. He went there with the two puppies he adopted from me. Unfortunately, Africa is not the place for these types of dogs.He contacted me few days ago to find a caring parent that will adopt the puppies back to the USA He had no time for them, the african weather is so harsh according to him and this is really troubling him and his mission in West Africa.Contact Evangelist.Peter as soon as you can and tell him I refered you to him. He will be excited if he knows you are directed by me.. Below is his email address. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Note : He is giving out just only one puppy ,so tell him maybe you are interested in male or female and you will be paying for the shipping only which is $100 no more additional payment ,kindly inclunde your phone number when replying him

Get me informed as soon as you adopt the puppies from him. .

Best Regard

I THEN EMAILED HIM AND GOT THIS RESPONSE with 2 pictures:

Hello

Thanks for your much reply....

Pictures below OH my God i finally find a good home for my baby's, yes the puppy cost $150 and Including the shipment cost for 1 puppy ,am giving just only one puppy for now so you have to tell me if you are interested in male or female and yes i can shipped to you ,the female name is Mella and Male name is Toral it has is shots up to date and Well trained puppies is 12 weeks old it come with all the necessary papers Such as Travel Crate and gift cap E.T.C ,the puppiesis doing fine ,so if you will like this puppies can you please give me details about you such as

Your Full Name who will receive the puppy Your Address :
Your Nearest Airport Address :
Your Phone # :

I look forward to read from you soonest and God bless you and your home

Rev

After that he called me and i decided to do more research and came upon this site. Thanks everyone!
Posted by Brooke  in  Dallas, TX  on  Thu Dec 09, 2010  at  01:12 PM
After I was trying to come up with the 600 dollars to send mrs rev Diana mercy Williams who I see is mainly the person we have almost fallen for or in my case did fall for. I started to get suspicious when she said that I needed to send the extra 600 for a crate fee. I found a email with the exact begging and ending sentences; even the dogs names were the same. I guess the man/woman has said that the are now in the UK on missionary work. I got suspicious when the calls were coming from Nigeria when she was calling me but I got even more suspicious when she asked me to send the money to a Nigerian crate company to send the teacup yorkie to me. Email address to be aware of reverend Diana mercy Williams at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and the breeder Luther smith at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). It was advertised on nextdaypets.com. I do believe it is a legit website but be sure to get alternative pics and make sure that u are dealing with a legit breeder.
Posted by Sarah  in  Ft. Hood texas  on  Sat Dec 18, 2010  at  07:52 PM
I emailed several breeders that I found online, and I was contacted by Lindsay Kim, which was not a name or email that I had contacted. I was wary of having a dog shipped from Africa in the first place. And when I emailed the "breeder" about potential health problems of bulldogs, she almost immediately sent me a very uninformative email that we quickly found was mostly copied and pasted from http://www.bulldoghealth.com/ Then .we found this page.

The "breeder" was Lindsay Kim .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

The "Reverend" was Rev. Joseph Wilson .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
Posted by Sam  in  Arkansas  on  Mon Jan 03, 2011  at  12:50 PM
I contacted several breeders that I found online, looking for a bulldog. Lindsay Kim (not a name or email that I had sent anything to, so I don't know which listed breeder wasn't legit), contacted me. Before I even emailed the "Reverend", he emailed me, and included pictures. He had Chapman and Beauty, $900 for both, $500 for one of them. I was wary of having a dog shipped from Africa in the first place. And when I asked the breeder about potential health problems of bulldogs she sent me a very uninformative email that was mostly copied and pasted from http://www.bulldoghealth.com/ Then .we found this page.

The "breeder" was Lindsay Kim, .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

The "Reverend" was Rev. Joseph Wilson, .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
Posted by Sam  in  Arkansas  on  Mon Jan 03, 2011  at  01:00 PM
Comments: Page 13 of 14 pages ‹ First  < 11 12 13 14 >