Jennifer Love Hewitt's Disappearing Breasts
Rachael Ray cooks her family and her dog
Adolf Hitler Baby Photo Hoax, 1933
Swiss peasants harvest spaghetti from trees, 1957
Burger King's Left-Handed Whopper Hoax, 1998
Eccentric's last prank, 66 years after his death, 1900
The Cottingley Fairies, 1917
The Diaphote, a television hoax, 1880
A black lion: real or fake?
war of the worlds
The night Martians invaded New Jersey, 1938
Is Katie Holmes Pregnant?
Status: Undetermined
image Before I saw this picture it would never have occurred to me that Katie Holmes was faking her pregnancy. But now, I don't know what to think. I mean, that has to be a soccer ball beneath her shirt. Right?

This picture, taken on April 4, has been doing the blog circuit. The Blog You Love To Hate has some more photos from the same series in which her belly looks less fake. So maybe it was just the camera angle, or something like that. But still, it's kind of freaky. Even if she were having twins, I don't think her belly would stick out that far.
Categories: Birth/Babies, Celebrities
Posted by The Curator on Mon Apr 10, 2006
yes, that could be real. especially for very thin women. i have seen pregnant women, having only one baby, in their seventh month that are even more pronounced in the "soccer ball" category.
Posted by thephrog  in  CA USA  on  Mon Apr 10, 2006  at  01:46 AM
Yep, my sister looked much like this as she had the biggest friggin babies. I doubt very much that Holmes will be having a natural birth. I believe it will be more along the line of the Alien movie with the baby just clawing it's way out big surprise
Posted by Nettie  in  Perth, Western Australia  on  Mon Apr 10, 2006  at  07:10 AM
Maybe she was faking it so Tom would stop trying to have his weird Scientology sex with her. Has her mother hired the A-team to rescue and deprogram her yet?
Posted by Lonewatchman  on  Mon Apr 10, 2006  at  07:38 AM
...You can still have sex when you're pregnant.

It does look fake - but could still be real.
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Mon Apr 10, 2006  at  09:18 AM
According to scientology, Tom Cruise can control the mind of goats.
Posted by aw  on  Mon Apr 10, 2006  at  02:23 PM
are you saying katie is a goat? LOL
Posted by Chuck  in  Rhode Island  on  Mon Apr 10, 2006  at  02:40 PM
In reference to Nettie's post, isn't she meant to be going to have a silent, Scientology birth involving no painkillers?
Posted by Boo  in  The Land of the Haggii...  on  Mon Apr 10, 2006  at  04:18 PM
I've seen a lot of pregnant women with bellies like that. It all depends on the position and size of the baby. Also, as others said, skinny women appear to have bigger bellies.
Posted by Alex K  in  Atlanta, GA  on  Mon Apr 10, 2006  at  04:35 PM
Boo...You're supposed to stay as quiet as possible during...no drugs (painkillers, or otherwise), and you can't talk to the baby for the first week. It's been so traumatized by birth...everyone has to shutup.
Posted by Maegan  in  Tampa, FL - USA  on  Mon Apr 10, 2006  at  04:58 PM
it's 100% true... tom cruise said that she soon will have a baby... so i guess he is not lying...
Posted by frank  on  Tue Apr 11, 2006  at  04:33 AM
Go to the blog site and look at the pictures there, especially the one on the bottom row second from left. I think the photographer just had excellent timing and a very lucky gust of wind blowing underneath her shirt.
Posted by Chauncey  on  Tue Apr 11, 2006  at  05:01 AM
That's the best excuse I've heard lately to tell people to shut up.
"Excuse me, I still feel traumatized by my birth. Be quiet, would you?"
Posted by Big Gary in Glen Rose, Texas  in  Dallas, Texas, USA  on  Tue Apr 11, 2006  at  01:57 PM
So what does it matter if she is! why do people make such a big deal out of some actress having a baby! I just dont get it...
Posted by Kj  on  Wed Apr 12, 2006  at  01:44 PM
The photo shown here looks altered to me. I won't swear to it, but I think it has been stretched left to right slightly. Her face and her exposed left hand both look somewhat elongated, which would amplify the appearance of her pregnant bulge (although the Mercedes-Benz in the foreground looks relatively normal).

Ultimately, though, if she is having a baby I hope it grows up happy and healthy and who cares about anything else? They're famous, moderately talented as actors and apparently boring and slightly irritating as individuals.
Posted by ElvisOmar  in  Minneapolis  on  Wed Apr 12, 2006  at  04:20 PM
That has to be a gust of wind.
Posted by kittykat  in  florida  on  Sun Apr 16, 2006  at  02:19 AM
She was pregnant,right?If I
Posted by nitedrive  in  sweden  on  Sun Jul 30, 2006  at  07:11 AM
gulp Oh my ******* god...
Posted by Meerkat  on  Sat Aug 12, 2006  at  11:31 PM