32-pound Cat
Status: Real
I love fat cat pictures, and here are some good ones, courtesy of Kieran Charette who reports that they were taken at a vets office in Vancouver. Apparently the cat is perfectly healthy. Just large. 32 pounds, to be exact. (Which makes him 8 pounds lighter than Sassy, aka Munchkin.) I don't see any reason why these pictures would be fake. (Although the datestamp on the pictures--09/01/2007--is obviously wrong.)

image image
image image
Categories: AnimalsPhotos/Videos
Posted by The Curator on Mon Jan 30, 2006
I once saw a cat, a little smaller than this one. And let me tell you, if these pictures are real, that is one really clean fat ass cat. The cat that I saw that was nearly that big had "kitty dreadlocks". You see, cats fur needs to be cleaned, and a fat ass cat like that just can't seem to reach many parts of its body on it own.

I suppose the owner could have kept it clean, just, damn, thats a clean fat ass cat.
Posted by Villain  in  Vegas  on  Tue Jan 31, 2006  at  03:44 AM
In the picture there is another cat. Cats will often clean each other, I'm not sure why, they just do. I have two, and the first became much cleaner when we got the second.
Posted by ReadbackMonkey  on  Tue Jan 31, 2006  at  08:34 AM
My cat is bad enough at 23 lbs... and his favourite place to lay is on my chest.
Posted by AqueousBoy  on  Tue Jan 31, 2006  at  09:32 AM
I suppose the government will invent a new program to combat cat obesity now. PETA probably sue all you that just admitted to an overweight cat.
Posted by Lonewatchman  on  Tue Jan 31, 2006  at  12:33 PM
Another snowball, eh? And this one is real? Cool. They should not feed there cat so much. I am surprised the poor thing can walk.
Posted by Lady Hedoniste  in  Chilling with 14 other tiny people in your head.  on  Tue Jan 31, 2006  at  04:48 PM
But he is really cuttteeeeeeeeee! surprised
Posted by Lady Hedoniste  in  Chilling with 14 other tiny people in your head.  on  Tue Jan 31, 2006  at  05:51 PM
I love pictures like these, because they make MY cat look svelte by comparison.
Posted by Big Gary, late for feeding time  in  Dallas, Texas, USA  on  Wed Feb 01, 2006  at  07:21 PM
hi this cat is big i have two calicos my cats are 20* 13 i love my fat calicos
Posted by derrick  on  Mon Feb 20, 2006  at  01:37 PM
hi i have calicos and they are really big but be nice now. http://www.freewebs.com/wwefan1992
Posted by derrick eli  on  Mon Feb 20, 2006  at  01:39 PM
Cute fat cat. It seems like the cat would become a burden for the owners and sooner or later end up accumulating some "fat" vet bills. I doubt obese people love being obese. I'm afraid I'd think it was a pillow and recline on it. heheh, lets keep out cats healthy.
Posted by Saulza  in  Atlanta, Georgia  on  Mon Feb 20, 2006  at  04:46 PM
When I was living in St. Pete FL, I once saw a cat at a home where I was to be conducting part of an an investigation. This cat was so large that it was almost too distracting to do my job. It was huge, not fat though. the owner said he was about 30 pounds. I picked him up and having a 17 lb cat at the time I belived it. His shoulders were higher than my knees and paws as big as my palm. He was fluffy and charcol grey and looked like a Maine Coon as far as body types(although I never saw a one with this exact coloring). So I believe cats can get really huge and not be fat. If this cat had been obese, he easily could be a reocrd breaker. what an awesome cat. I think his name was Philip...
Posted by Lyn  in  Cleveland  on  Mon Feb 20, 2006  at  08:43 PM
He's big, but some of these are even fatter!
Check out Himmy the Australian cat and Tiddles the Paddington Station cat. Letting a cat get that fat is just cruelty. Unless it has some sort of medical condition of course.
Posted by Louise  in  London, England  on  Tue Feb 21, 2006  at  11:54 AM
33lb Chinese kitty. (I think the story means chicken and pork, not chicken and port!)

Hugely obese German cat.
Posted by Sarah  in  England  on  Wed Feb 22, 2006  at  12:37 PM
OK, they should never be able to have pets!

I wonder how big their kids are? if they have any.

That's just messed up.
Posted by Carter S  on  Wed Feb 22, 2006  at  02:28 PM
this is a really fat cat. But he's sooo cute.i love it..... I just love obess cats grin
Posted by Samantha  on  Tue Feb 28, 2006  at  01:20 PM
hahaha, this cat rocks! Poor thing, i wonder how they get it so big... my cat vomits when it eats too much.
Posted by miko  on  Tue Mar 07, 2006  at  07:51 AM
Excuse me, wait a minute, so your telling me that this cat is 32 pounds. I disagree with that, because that would be the smallest cat I have ever seen. To be completely honest with you, I once saw a GIANT cat in Northeast Africa while alligator hunting. This cat was huge, a beast compared to this one so don't give me this bullcrap tiny cat. I want a real cat not some dinkey thing like this one.
Posted by jon  in  pennsylvania  on  Mon Apr 10, 2006  at  05:44 PM
A true beast among men.
Posted by Corey  in  Western Pennsylvania  on  Tue Apr 11, 2006  at  02:45 PM
Most people do not understand the contents of this cat, its very large making it very unhappy and permanently scarred for its entire life.Now some cats would agree with me that this cat is truely above and beyond the limits of catification, and most humans would agree that this cat is swell. If you truely desire to own a cat this LARGE and FAT then you are a sick sick sick man. This cat does not enjoy being this large and told me that his feelings are hurt when people make fun of him for being this big, so don't make fun of these obese cats for they are the future of the universe.
Posted by jun  in  pennsylvania  on  Tue Apr 11, 2006  at  02:51 PM
Iva never seen sucha bign
Posted by jon jon jon jon  in  pa  on  Tue Apr 11, 2006  at  02:53 PM
The date is meant to be read in English format as date/month/year instead of reading it as month/day/year. Hope this helps to authenticate.
Posted by Connie  in  Chicago  on  Sat Jan 13, 2007  at  06:16 AM
Actually, Connie, that's not the problem. The fact that this photo appeared on this website in January 2006 makes us suspect that the date is wrong...
Posted by Smerk  in  to mischief  on  Sat Jan 13, 2007  at  06:50 AM
My cat weighs the same amount as the one pictured. I adopted him from a shelter that way. I'm worried about his health though, if anyone has any advice.
Posted by Rachel  in  ohio  on  Sat Jan 13, 2007  at  10:50 PM
Let's put on our thinking caps:

09/01/2007 = 9 January 2007 ?
Posted by Obvious  on  Mon Jan 15, 2007  at  09:03 AM
Yup, 'Obvious'.
So, as Alex put this up (as it says above) on Mon Jan 30, 2006, the date on the photos must have been wrong.
Posted by Boo  in  The Land of the Haggii...  on  Mon Jan 15, 2007  at  11:03 AM
I thought my cat was fat! My cats head is small but he has a big body, his belly hangs to the floor and you cannot feel any bones. he weighs 14.6 pounds.
Posted by sara  in  texas  on  Thu Feb 08, 2007  at  01:49 PM
look at that precious face. look at how he cuddles. what a big cuddly baby. I wish I had a cat like that-my cats are so thin they're not cuddly.
Posted by Francesca  on  Tue Jul 03, 2007  at  10:53 PM
it isnt good to have a cat that size your killing it, and that isnt fair on the cat,if you love your cat you wouldnt of let him get like that you should be getting done for that.
Posted by amee  on  Sat Nov 03, 2007  at  04:59 AM
THE GUY THAT SAID THAT GIANT CATS HAVE DIRTY BUMS IS RIGHT.
I HAVE AN ORANGE TABBY THAT IS 25 POUNDS AND SOMETIMES HIS BUM LOOKS LIKE A MONSTER OF IT'S OWN.
Posted by DARLENE  in  la habra heights ,ca  on  Tue Nov 27, 2007  at  08:01 PM
I hav a 20lb cat at my house and i never thought they could get any bigger thats amazing. I think obese cats r very adorable the only thing that sucks is that they dont like to be held or at least mine doesnt. but when they roll over and show off that hug belly u cant help byt kiss and rub it.
Posted by Chrystal  in  Coloado springs,colorado  on  Sun Dec 16, 2007  at  09:24 PM
Comments: Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.