Save Toby
image If we all don't cough up $50,000 by June 30 then Toby, who happens to be 'the cutest little bunny on the planet', is going to die. His owner will kill him and eat him. Does this all sound familiar? Why, yes! It's a shameless rip-off of Save Bernd. Just as European movies are remade by Hollywood for American audiences, it now seems that European hoaxes are being remade for American audiences as well. However, the American version of the rabbit-killing hoax feels compelled to put a little notice at the bottom of the page telling us that it's all a joke. If you can't get savetoby.com to load, try the google cache version of it. The guy's site seems to be having bandwidth issues. (Thanks to Lawrence for the link)
Categories: AnimalsFood
Posted by The Curator on Wed Feb 09, 2005
His paypal account must have been suspended.
Posted by The Curator  in  San Diego  on  Thu Feb 17, 2005  at  03:21 PM
The paypal links were active as of Feb 10. However, paypal seems to have suspended them since then.

As of feb 7, there was no "this is a joke" message.

What is a joke? He hasn
Posted by wuukiee  on  Thu Feb 17, 2005  at  10:30 PM
Just to let you know that - in retaliation to that the owner of Toby the rabbit AND to raise money for OFFICIAL rabbit charities :-

Visit http://www.pervaders.co.uk/bunny

Cheers from the Pervaders of Justice for Bunnies
PAW POWER!!!

Please pass this link on.
Posted by Lola Gambriola  in  Londres  on  Tue Apr 12, 2005  at  08:02 AM
"Each rascally rabbit stalker will cost
Posted by Boo  in  The Land of the Haggii...  on  Tue Apr 12, 2005  at  08:15 AM
save toby is a ll a scam people don't fall for it but if you do. It would be much better to fall for tobystew
Posted by Max  on  Tue Apr 12, 2005  at  07:49 PM
I find it funny that both Domain names are registered through the same company.

If you load the registration info into two windows and click back and forth between them, the only info that changes is the domain name.

And Tobystew's paypal account works.
Posted by Rod  in  the land of smarties.  on  Tue Apr 12, 2005  at  08:21 PM
Well besides the fact that savetoby is a hoax there are plenty of parody and clones of it out there.

Go toby
Posted by Max  in  Las Vegas  on  Thu Apr 14, 2005  at  07:10 PM
SAVE THE BUNNY!!! THATS EVIL I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU!!! HOW CAN YOU TORTURE THAT POOR BUNNY RABBIT!?! I THINK THE POLICE SHOULD ARREST YOU AND LOCK YOU IN A JAIL CELL WITH A HORNY BUTT-KNUCKING MURDERER!!
Posted by kelsey and karli  in  kentucky  on  Sun Apr 17, 2005  at  06:52 PM
I don't think my last post went through but I think I saw something like this on http://www.brisktrade.com

If it was already posted I apologize.
Posted by sechsech  on  Sat May 21, 2005  at  05:28 AM
WOW ive been watching save toby for a while an i think hes smart. i mean come on if you could make money like that wouldnt you? i hunt allot an i see nothing wrong if hes having it humanely slaughtered. Have you ever seen how things in the wild die? no where near as fast as toby would die. i say again THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT. its like me saying " give me a hundred dollars or im ganna smash my windsheild in on my car." I think its awsome for true busines people to make money from idiots.
Posted by Brian  on  Thu May 26, 2005  at  11:24 AM
Bion (the guy who runs the site) is a good friend of mine. I'm pretty sure he's serious about doing it. It originally was a joke but all the media attention has called his bluff - he's going keep his word so he can keep the cash.

I'm kinda pissed about the whole thing... you might be interested in http://www.WhereIsToby.com - a site that I made to expose him.

-s
Posted by s.  in  east coast, usa  on  Wed Jun 15, 2005  at  02:43 AM
Save The Poor Cute Inisont Bunny If He Dies I will Cry For Days
Posted by steve  on  Sun Jul 17, 2005  at  08:07 PM
ITS A HOAX!!!!!
i watched it on Skyone`s
"hoax files"
if i can remember the owner said
"i would honestly kill my rabbit"
to which the presenter replied
"seriously?"
the owner of toby replied
"yes i would send him to a butcher to cut off his head"
the presenter then said
"really.......i think we should bring in roger thomas, bring in roger thomas!"
a man then came in with a hamster in a cage
labbled "ROGER THOMAS"
the man sat the cage down on the table
"this is roger thomas"said the presenter he then reached under the table and pulled out a hammer
"kill roger thomas!" he shouted
the owner of the rabbit then said
"iam not going to kill roger thomas, that is cruelty"
Posted by someone  on  Mon Dec 19, 2005  at  06:32 PM
Just because the guy won't kill a hamster on TV doesn't mean he won't send his rabbit to the butcher for $50,000
Posted by Sam Odio  on  Tue Feb 14, 2006  at  08:27 PM
Comments: Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.