HOME   |   ABOUT   |   FORUM   |   CONTACT   |   FACEBOOK   |   RSS
April Fool Archive
April fools throughout history
Hoax Photo
Archive

Weblog Archive
October 2003
pool shark Mark Allsop was kind enough to send along this photo of him and his kids on holiday in Australia. Thanks, Mark.
Categories: Photos/Videos
Posted by Alex on Sat Oct 18, 2003
jesus face ozone hole Face of Jesus seen in ozone hole (via Liquito).
Categories: Religion
Posted by Alex on Sat Oct 18, 2003
Two aides at a nursing home pull the old urine-in-a-sports-drink prank and discover the victim isn't amused when she discovers what she drank.
Categories: Pranks
Posted by Alex on Thu Oct 16, 2003
Remember the Raelians and their claims that they've produced a number of human clones? Well, this reporter infiltrated their ranks and writes that the Raelians are now all chuckling about what a brilliant publicity stunt the cloning hoax was.
Categories: Birth/Babies
Posted by Alex on Thu Oct 16, 2003
Rationalists describe Mother Teresa's miraculous cure of Monica Besra's abdominal tumor as a hoax.
Categories: Religion
Posted by Alex on Thu Oct 16, 2003
I've already linked to the website of the art of Johann Dieter Wassmann, but The Age has a full article about this fictitious artist.
Categories: Art
Posted by Alex on Thu Oct 16, 2003
russian roulette Man plays Russian roulette on British TV as three million viewers watch. Of course, it was just an illusion, vetted in advance by the police. But the stunt causes controversy anyway.
Categories: Entertainment
Posted by Alex on Thu Oct 16, 2003
male lactation Here's an odd website, forwarded to me by Mara. It's titled Milkmen: Fathers Who Breastfeed. Now, when I first saw this I figured it had to be a joke. It surely can't be possible for men to lactate and produce enough milk to feed an infant. But after reading through the site, and exploring some of the links it provides, I'm beginning to suspect it might not be a joke. One of their links goes to this article about a man from Sri Lanka who breastfed his child after his wife died. I guess men do have all the physical equipment necessary to produce milk. It's just a question of triggering the right hormones so that the equipment starts working.
Categories: Birth/Babies
Posted by Alex on Tue Oct 14, 2003
Hell on Earth promises that its concert in St. Petersburg this weekend will include an onstage suicide. A terminally ill patient will be the one departing this world. I guess if you wanted to go, doing it at a rock concert wouldn't be a bad way to do it, but in my opinion this is a pure publicity stunt hoax. In the same vein as Hunting for Bambi, Or Freck's New Feet (in which Freck claimed he was going to cut off his legs for a live audience... that never happened, of course). What will happen in this case is that the police will show up, and the concert will never take place. But Hell on Earth will have achieved lots of publicity. I'd never heard of them before, after all, but now I have. They can also claim to have legitimately raised awareness about the subject of euthanasia. The beauty of this stunt is that it definitely could happen. But I would wager money that it won't. These stunts never deliver on their promises. They're all about the publicity.
Categories: Death, Entertainment
Posted by Alex on Wed Oct 01, 2003
A visitor (Carly) has asked me whether I think nomarriage.com is a hoax site. After checking it out, I don't think it is. The guy may be slightly tongue-in-cheek, and he's definitely designed his site to generate maximum controversy, but I'm sure that if you pay him $9.95 (via paypal) you really will get his NoMarriage book, and it'll basically be a misogynistic rant against American women. I could see people thinking it would be an amusing gag gift for someone about to get married, but personally I wouldn't want to give any money to the guy.