{paginate}
1 of 10
{/paginate}
Are there aliens among us?
Posted: 21 February 2006 02:31 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2006-02-14

Among countless stars, is Earth the only planet blessed with life? Is this some miracle by chance, never to be reproduced on another world? In 399 b.c., the great philosopher Socrates was accused of not believing in the gods in which the state believed. He was tried and found guilty of corrupting Athenian youth and religious heresy. He was sentenced and put to death by the use of a poison he chose to ingest. Galileo was warned not to defend Copernican Astronomy because it went against the doctrine of the church. In 1616, the Roman Catholic Church demanded that Galileo stop teaching his theory that the sun was the center of our universe and everything revolved around it. The belief at that time was that the Earth was the center and the sun (and everything else) revolved around the Earth.

http://greenzilla.tripod.com/index21.htm

More Conspiracy Talk: http://www.conspiracy-forum.com

What do you think?

Image Attachments
alien_20.jpghssalien.jpg

Posted: 21 February 2006 07:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

First, I adore the little ‘alien’ baby image! 

Do I believe aliens walk among us?  There are many ways to interpret that word, and by interpretation I’m often considered an alien.  However, I keenly understand that you mean from space beyond our own Earth and the answer to that has to be based on what little Science actually knows, and then what each of us believes. 

Science does know that Earth has been struck many MANY times in the past by asteroids and such debris that carried with it bacterias etc. that eventually evolved here on earth.  So to that end, it is my belief, based on just that little piece that is known, that all of us are probably ‘alien’ or at least partly made from such matter in partnership with what Earth already had of its own.  Rather like the egg being fertilized by incoming sperm.

If I know and believe this, then I also believe that Earth is hardly the only ‘egg’. 

I also believe, based on no ‘knowns’ at this time, that it is more likely than not, that there are other intelligent life forms in the universe.  If they are like us, social beings, then they will not want to be alone either. 

I believe that on some level most of us would like to think, or hope, that ‘they’ are out there, that they hold answers to the questions we desperately would like to have answered and IF they are so technologically capable of reaching us here on Earth, that they will somehow hold some kind of ‘key’ that will save us from ourselves.  But I also have another ‘known’ and that is that all children believe their parents to be the most important, most intelligent humans in the world…..and then the children grow up and accept that their parents are just like they are, simply flawed human beings who do not have all the answers.  That’s why we hope that our offspring will be able to develop beyond us, find the answers we could not find.

It’s up to us, here on Earth, to learn how to find those answers ourselves.  And we CAN do it, eventually….and that I believe with all my heart.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 10 March 2006 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-03-07

Are there aliens among us!!! what a joke. I do not believe so,cause i know for shure that in France there is an special factory for making UFO and i make some research,here is a link that if you want go and visit it: http://support007.com/find.php?value=Are+there+aliens+among+us

best regards
buba

Posted: 10 March 2006 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8451
Joined  2006-02-28

It’s a big universe out there….

more hubble images at http://hubblesite.org/gallery/

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 10 March 2006 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

WOW!  That is beautiful….and inviting.  Can you even imagine being in a space ship and going out there to see all that close up?  Looks BIG and ... Crowded!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 10 March 2006 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8451
Joined  2006-02-28

Deep space image from hubble (looking for the origins of the universe)... it is one of my favorites - puts some perspective on my place in the universe.  big surprise

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 13 March 2006 07:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

Greatings earthling, bring me to your leader….

Of course we are not among you.

Now beam me up, Scotty…

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 24 March 2006 10:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2006-03-23

The baby alien could easily be a photoshopped baby cat. and the other looks like a cheap novelty

Signature 

I am nobody. Nobody is perfect. Therefore I am perfect.

Master of Puppets is pulling your strings!!!

Posted: 26 March 2006 02:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2006-03-25

I like to read all those sites, I listen to coast to coast am, and also I have to know people see something fly through the sky.  I did listen once to a scientist, who was claiming to be open minded to the whole concept, stated that at 3X the speed of light, it would take like a whole lotta’ time to get here, so, you gotta’ think the whole thing through.  I’m open minded about it, though!!      “I mean, there COULD be aliens hidden amongst us!!!!”

Image Attachments
jim-nabors-c.jpg
 Signature 

“Embrace the Suck.”    cool hmm

Posted: 26 March 2006 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05

Gee, that beautiful photo of stars, galaxies, and nebula, and not a WalMart in sight!

Well, it is hard to believe that among all those stars, we are the only planet to harbor life.  However, the distances between stars are enormous, and the travel-time makes round-trip ventures quite unlikely, unless one can find a way to travel faster than light, which seems to be quite impossible, StarTrek and Star Wars notwithstanding.

If one cannot return home eventually, the reason for going in the first place is a bit stretched, you know?  Kind of like going to WalMart and shopping, but never going back home.

Dan the WalMart-Obsessed

Posted: 26 March 2006 12:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05
hulitoons - 10 March 2006 09:47 PM

WOW!  That is beautiful….and inviting.  Can you even imagine being in a space ship and going out there to see all that close up?  Looks BIG and ... Crowded!

It does look crowded, but that is an illusion caused by the high-magnification and the deep field-of-view.  Them puppies are quite far apart from one another, tens and hundred and thousands of light-years from each other.

Dan the Know-It-All Scientist, Master of Space, Time, The Winds, The Tides, and all the Planets

Posted: 26 March 2006 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2006-03-25

WalMart does have the best prices on digital t.v.s     LOL

Signature 

“Embrace the Suck.”    cool hmm

{paginate}
1 of 10
{/paginate}