An unbelievable obituary
Posted: 19 February 2006 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2006-02-18

i found the following whilst googling ‘unbelievable’, on this site: http://michellemalkin.com/archives/000912.htm

genuinely messed up, this.

——-
AN UNBELIEVABLE OBITUARY
By Michelle Malkin

Signature 

“Well Sir, while I may not like what You say, I’ll defend to the death Your right to say it.”
-Peter Griffin

Posted: 19 February 2006 06:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  629
Joined  2005-01-18

He probably had some extreme psychological breakdown and went insane.  The loss of all life deserves some mourning.

Signature 

Soldier: This is the worst part. The calm before the battle.
Fry: And then the battle is not so bad?
Soldier: Oh, right. I forgot about the battle.

Posted: 19 February 2006 06:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  73
Joined  2005-11-06
APointForThePointless - 19 February 2006 03:20 PM

having an effect on bleeding-heart liberals in the Pacific Northwest
——————

Apologies for being English but what exactly do you mean by bleeding-heart liberals?  Where I live the word liberal has a positive meaning.

Signature 

“I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.”—Douglas Adams

Posted: 19 February 2006 09:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  2005-06-15

Liberal and conservative are both good and bad, depending on the situation.  I wish I knew more about this situation.  Did the man have mental in his past?  Or is this a jealous soon to be ex thing?  What he did was defintly wrong but what is the background?

Signature 

Beerrun all we need is a 10 and a fiver a car, keys, and a sober driver

Posted: 20 February 2006 06:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8383
Joined  2005-04-17

i found the following whilst googling ‘unbelievable’, on this site: http://michellemalkin.com/archives/000912.htm

I’d like to tell you that the post is a hoax and that Duane and Marian Cheney of Bellevue, NE don’t exist. But they do.
I wonder if they, too, will continue to believe that Stephen Byrne “savored life” and loved his daughters “more than anything in the world?”

Byrne’s memorial service is on Friday. In lieu of flowers, perhaps someone should send his murdered daughters’ autopsy reports to the funeral home for all of Byrne’s mourners to see. Then, maybe, they will stop shedding tears for the wrong victim
——————

APointForThePointless, it’s easy to ‘see’ your outrage, and it’s also understandable from your perspective, in fact, from most of our perspectives.  It’s safer often to stand in your own shoes and not subject yourself to someone else’s (for as outrageous as this may sound since this does seem like a ‘Pointless’ murder (except to the man who committed it):

1.  The more you have, the more you stand to lose
2.  The higher you are, the further you have to fall
3.  There are degrees of pain, degrees of strength and degrees of courage.  They are different for every individual
4.  If a parent is going to leave on a trip and never return, very likely that parent is NOT going to want to leave his/her children behind. 

ALL human beings are capable of extreme reactions given situations that envoke reaction.  We can never know how we will react UNLESS that situation, at the right moment, is hurled at us.  You may think you know and you can talk and even think about it, but unless you are genuinely faced with that moment, you will not know the truth of yourself.

This man had obviously given his life, completely and wholly to his children.  They were his universe, his breath and his bread.  He had everything he wanted, everything he needed and all his energy was focused on them and there was nothing to life beyond his children. 

Then someone took everything away.  His breath, bread, heart, reason…..all gone…..

The ground under his feet was removed and he was tossed into a void.  He was absolutely not able to deal with the pain, he had not the ‘equipment’ to accept what had happened nor the strength to go on.  He knew he had to escape and death was his choice BUT, he did not want to leave his children behind.  He did not want them to be alone without him because in HIS mind and in his soul, no one could ever love them on the level that he loved them.  He wanted to always be there for them…....so, when he packed for his journey, he packed them up as well….and now, no one can ever hurt his children.

Sound odd?  Sound morbid?  To you and to me probably, but if you follow and understand this man’s logic, no it does not sound odd at all and in fact, is the height of genuine love, however misplaced.

This man’s family, and rightly so for their own sakes, (and remember too that this is how they are reacting to their OWN world suddenly being gutted and destroyed) prefer to remember the positive side of this man they loved since his darkest hours cannot be erased, and neither can his daughters be brought back.

The obituary is not a mistake, nor is it a hoax.  It is a very serious lesson for us all.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 20 February 2006 06:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

I hope none of us are ever cornered in this fashion

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 20 February 2006 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-02-18
hulitoons - 20 February 2006 11:51 AM

I’d like to tell you that the post is a hoax and that Duane and Marian Cheney of Bellevue, NE don’t exist. But they do.
I wonder if they, too, will continue to believe that Stephen Byrne “savored life” and loved his daughters “more than anything in the world?”

Byrne’s memorial service is on Friday. In lieu of flowers, perhaps someone should send his murdered daughters’ autopsy reports to the funeral home for all of Byrne’s mourners to see. Then, maybe, they will stop shedding tears for the wrong victim
——————

APointForThePointless, it’s easy to ‘see’ your outrage, and it’s also understandable from your perspective, in fact, from most of our perspectives. It’s safer often to stand in your own shoes and not subject yourself to someone else’s (for as outrageous as this may sound since this does seem like a ‘Pointless’ murder (except to the man who committed it):

1. The more you have, the more you stand to lose
2. The higher you are, the further you have to fall
3. There are degrees of pain, degrees of strength and degrees of courage. They are different for every individual
4. If a parent is going to leave on a trip and never return, very likely that parent is NOT going to want to leave his/her children behind.

ALL human beings are capable of extreme reactions given situations that envoke reaction. We can never know how we will react UNLESS that situation, at the right moment, is hurled at us. You may think you know and you can talk and even think about it, but unless you are genuinely faced with that moment, you will not know the truth of yourself.

This man had obviously given his life, completely and wholly to his children. They were his universe, his breath and his bread. He had everything he wanted, everything he needed and all his energy was focused on them and there was nothing to life beyond his children.

Then someone took everything away. His breath, bread, heart, reason…..all gone…..

The ground under his feet was removed and he was tossed into a void. He was absolutely not able to deal with the pain, he had not the ‘equipment’ to accept what had happened nor the strength to go on. He knew he had to escape and death was his choice BUT, he did not want to leave his children behind. He did not want them to be alone without him because in HIS mind and in his soul, no one could ever love them on the level that he loved them. He wanted to always be there for them…....so, when he packed for his journey, he packed them up as well….and now, no one can ever hurt his children.

Sound odd? Sound morbid? To you and to me probably, but if you follow and understand this man’s logic, no it does not sound odd at all and in fact, is the height of genuine love, however misplaced.

This man’s family, and rightly so for their own sakes, (and remember too that this is how they are reacting to their OWN world suddenly being gutted and destroyed) prefer to remember the positive side of this man they loved since his darkest hours cannot be erased, and neither can his daughters be brought back.

The obituary is not a mistake, nor is it a hoax. It is a very serious lesson for us all.

I definitely see your point, but the aforementioned outrages are not mine, the only part of that post that i wrote was “genuinely messed up, this” , the rest was directly quoted from the site, and the opinions expressed are not mine nor or they in any way representative of my perspective on this incident. although i do agree that this man undoubtedly loved his daughters and perhaps thought what he was doing was in their best interests, but come on, are you really trying to justify this man killing his children simply because he loved them to much and feared losing them? i’ll agree, indeed that his brighter memories should be remembered, but i don’t think we should turn a blind eye to the ugly and downright evil deeds on which he made an exit, because no matter what the circumstances, no actions such as these can ever be excused.

Signature 

“Well Sir, while I may not like what You say, I’ll defend to the death Your right to say it.”
-Peter Griffin

Posted: 20 February 2006 08:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Certainly I do not excuse what he did, though I do understand his ‘logic’ (IF in fact this was his logic at the time).  The word ‘justify’ does not apply to faulty logic ever:

1 a : to prove or show to be just, right, or reasonable b (1) : to show to have had a sufficient legal reason (2) : to qualify (oneself) as a surety by taking oath to the ownership of sufficient property

He did not own his daughters or anyone else.  Placed in a position of madness or hoplessness, the physics of logic are chaotic at best, and chaos is never justified by any equation.  Probably the only way to protect yourself from being victimized by this kind of event would be to remember this:  The less involved with others and the world an individual is (by intent or by circumstances), the less likely that individual will be cornered by the emotional contradictions of devastating loss.

Signature 

Posted: 20 February 2006 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  91
Joined  2005-08-03

I find it difficult to believe that something like that is the fault of just one party. Divorce makes everyone crazy. Custody battles even more so. And it takes at least two to tango. Usually, there’s at least one asshole lawyer involved, too, and the judge could easily be as crazy as everybody.

Your own baggage shows up in the wording:

“This apologist propaganda on behalf of a selfish, brutal, and evil alleged child killer. . .”

If he’s only an alleged child killer, how can you know he was selfish, brutal and evil?

Divorce makes *everyone* involved crazy.

Signature 

I’m not an idiot. I just play one in a roleplaying game.

Posted: 20 February 2006 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17
Terry Austin - 20 February 2006 05:44 PM

I find it difficult to believe that something like that is the fault of just one party. Divorce makes everyone crazy. Custody battles even more so. And it takes at least two to tango. Usually, there’s at least one asshole lawyer involved, too, and the judge could easily be as crazy as everybody.

“This apologist propaganda on behalf of a selfish, brutal, and evil alleged child killer. . .”

If he’s only an alleged child killer, how can you know he was selfish, brutal and evil?

Divorce makes *everyone* involved crazy.

Yes Terry.  And I think it’s important to note that the initial intent of the marriage institution was to protect offspring during the child-bearing years.  Today there is no reason to get married in order to have a child or children anyway for either a woman OR a man.  More often than not statisitics show that the majority of marriages end in divorce or absolute separation that are bitter and damaging to all involved.  Perhaps it is time to rethink this institution.  Perhaps marriage should ONLY be entertained after the parties have reached at least the age of 50!

There are many times when one parent can be better than two.

Signature 

Posted: 20 February 2006 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-02-18
Terry Austin - 20 February 2006 05:44 PM

okay, for the second time, these aren’t my opinions…her baggage, not mine.
everything beyond te first 4 words of that post was quoted from the site.

Signature 

-Peter Griffin