Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 31 May 2009 11:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23

Well good.

All they do is re-edit pages to remove criticism of the CoS. Utterly counter-productive.

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 31 May 2009 11:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

*waits for the Moderators here to join Scientology and edit the above comments*

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 31 May 2009 11:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15023
Joined  2006-08-16
Accipiter - 01 June 2009 03:22 AM

*waits for the Moderators here to join Scientology and edit the above comments*

Nettie and I had our chance in Seattle last year and we didn’t.  (When Transfrmr was “moving his car” he seemed to be gone for an awful long time, though…)

I had another chance at taking the “free stress test” while in Santa Barbara.  I was walking downtown and saw a bunch of books in a window.  As I got closer I realized they were all L. Ron Hubbard books.  I thought it odd until I realized it must actually be a store set up for Scientology.  Getting closer (it was on the same side of the street as me, so my initial viewing angle was quite sharp) I could see in the door and saw more books lining shelves on the wall.  And then I saw the angled window on my side of the door which was hidden from view before with the hand-printed “Get a FREE stress test” sign.

Yeah.  Chose not to go in there.  Especially with Sydney with me.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 31 May 2009 11:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Knowing Scientology, it would probably be a free test that you’d have to pay to see the results of. . .

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 31 May 2009 11:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-23

They actually had a stall offering ‘Free Stress Tests’ on Buchanan Street last year. As my amigo and I neared it, I joked that it must be Scientologists. We laughed.

Then as we got really close I noticed a large hold-all bag full of Dianetics by L Ron. They were Scientologists.

So we walked past, and told the guy at the top of the road with the Jesus Loves You sign that these heathens were working his turf. We didn’t hang about to see the result but neither the Scientologists nor the Christian were there half an hour later.

Signature 

- Voltaire

Posted: 01 June 2009 03:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Well, I’ll point out that Scientology, despite the claims and desires of those involved, is officially defined as not a religon. Belief system, sure. Cult, maybe. Pyramid scheme, possibly. But their practices have kept them firmly on the ‘non’ side of religion, particularly because they *do* charge money (and hideous amounts of it) to learn the ‘truth’.

As for the Wiki ban, it’s common practice for them to deal with ‘repeat offenders’ this way. It’s why certain pages and topics, like the Jewish Holocaust, are locked down tight.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 01 June 2009 08:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9365
Joined  2005-01-23

We have a Church of Scientology here in Perth. I walk past it when I’m in the city because it’s almost right next to the carpark I use. They advertise the free stress test in one doorway and I think they call that one the Dianetics Hubbard Foundation‎ and the next building down (or maybe the second one down) is their actual church. I’ve always been tempted to go and take the test just to see how much havoc I could wreak while I was there wink

Signature 

The Middleman: (drinking milk) You know, that was some darn fine cow squirt.

Posted: 01 June 2009 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I don’t really understand the Hubbard worship at all.  He’s listed everywhere under science fiction and fantasy and while he has been a lucrative author in this genre, it almost seems as if those drawn into this fiction scenario are part of a very large improvisational group role-playing his collective favored stories.  I’ve listed only a few below but he’s been a fairly prolific ‘story teller’, but that’s really the key ‘STORY’.  (shoot, I like Stephen King and his name’s better suited to a religion too…......anyone want to join me???)

As far as stress tests go, I hate to be the bearer of really bad news, but every human AND animal ever born enters into a life of nothing BUT stress on many levels…........heck, even when you fall asleep and dream what I’d term a good or fun dream, you have to bear in mind that fun awake or dreaming is also stressful!  That’s what motivates us really to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Amazon science fiction and fantasy writer: L. Ron Hubbard

Science Fiction & Fantasy

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 01 June 2009 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01
hulitoons - 01 June 2009 01:36 PM

I don’t really understand the Hubbard worship at all.  He’s listed everywhere under science fiction and fantasy and while he has been a lucrative author in this genre, it almost seems as if those drawn into this fiction scenario are part of a very large improvisational group role-playing his collective favored stories.  I’ve listed only a few below but he’s been a fairly prolific ‘story teller’, but that’s really the key ‘STORY’.  (shoot, I like Stephen King and his name’s better suited to a religion too…......anyone want to join me???)

As far as stress tests go, I hate to be the bearer of really bad news, but every human AND animal ever born enters into a life of nothing BUT stress on many levels…........heck, even when you fall asleep and dream what I’d term a good or fun dream, you have to bear in mind that fun awake or dreaming is also stressful!  That’s what motivates us really to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

I know. Have you read Hubbard’s belief about what happens to people after they die? It’s crazy and that’s considering the other “legit” religion life-after-death scenarios.

Now J.K. Rowling on the other hand makes for a fine religion! smile

And yes, everyone has some stress in their lives. As my previous Health teacher said, the only ones who don’t have stress are dead.

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 01 June 2009 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

Almost all of downtown Clearwater has been taken over by the Scientologists…and my mom was trying to get some postcards printed for her business with a company based there…she asked them specifically if they were related or affiliated IN ANY WAY with the Scientologists.  The girl said they weren’t.  And a few weeks after my mom got the postcards she got some “help” guide that was written by information provided Hubbard.  Mom chewed that girl out.

They also recently took over a building in Plant City…and they had a kiosk in the mall with a free stress test.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 01 June 2009 09:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-23
ZeldaQueen - 01 June 2009 04:04 PM
hulitoons - 01 June 2009 01:36 PM

I know. Have you read Hubbard’s belief about what happens to people after they die? It’s crazy and that’s considering the other “legit” religion life-after-death scenarios.

Now J.K. Rowling on the other hand makes for a fine religion! smile

And yes, everyone has some stress in their lives. As my previous Health teacher said, the only ones who don’t have stress are dead.

Nonsense.

Stress gets nobody anywhere. Some people let it rule their lives. The best way is to just not give enough of a damn to let it affect you. Feet up, kick back and just relax.

Signature 

- Voltaire

{paginate}
1 of 2
{/paginate}