Biblical Prophesy and the Iraq War: Bush, God, Iraq and Gog
Posted: 02 June 2009 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01
Transfrmr - 31 May 2009 06:33 AM
ZeldaQueen - 29 May 2009 04:42 PM

In the same year he spoke to Chirac, Bush had reportedly said to the Palestinian foreign minister that he was on

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 09 June 2009 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-06-09

Really?  Do any of you actually believe this tripe? Im not trying to defend Bush or anything but to believe this you first have to believe the guy was smart enough to read and understand the Bible in the first place.  Then he would also have to be smart enough to formulate this plan…  Come on…

Posted: 09 June 2009 04:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Really, I don’t see what the big deal is.  Everybody already knew that Bush was religious.  I don’t see anything wrong with that in general.  What would be bad is if he based his decisions solely on his religious beliefs.  And he didn’t.  There were valid reasons for getting rid of the Ba’ath Party in Iraq.  There were reasons that turned out to not be valid, too.  But all in all, there were reasons.  If he wants to draw parallels between the Bible and current situations to illustrate his ideas, that’s fine.  Politicians often make literary allusions, especially to well-known works such as the Bible.  And if he wants to believe that God approves of the policy that he has decided on, then that’s his business.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 11 June 2009 01:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  421
Joined  2006-05-29

But to do so to try and convince the French president? Either Bush is just too over-zealous for diplomatic subtility (um, yeah blank stare ) or none of his advisors knew about the French history with anti-clericalism. Not to mention the (historically in France more prevalent religion of the) catholic church doesn’t focus as much on bible quotations as the protestant religions do, so anything about the old testament would have been rather far of for most French (and Europeans) anyway. I’m not surprised they had to seek out a professor of theology.

Signature 

-Paranoid amnesiac: I keep forgetting they’re after me-
Vanquished Illusions and Desire wear Techno-Organic Wings

{paginate}
2 of 2
{/paginate}