Alien Sightings
Posted: 17 February 2006 07:08 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

It has been believed by many that Ezekiel

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 17 February 2006 07:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Spelled the name wrong in the subject!!!!  I know I know!!!

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 17 February 2006 07:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10

Fixed it for you.
smile

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 17 February 2006 09:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3174
Joined  2005-05-19

Well that’s all well and good, but this can’t actually be taken as a report of UFO sightings/contact because it comes from the bible. You might as well cite Asimov.

Signature 

“Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be buggered by a dog on the public highway.”

Posted: 17 February 2006 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Mort, it’s absolutely a sighting!  He saw it just like the children in Africa saw what they saw.  And each report very similar experiences.  I’m not interpreting either in this instance, only what was recorded each time.  And each time there seems to be a common ‘lecture’ even if a bit meandering.

Signature 

Posted: 17 February 2006 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26039
Joined  2004-11-08

It’s not a sighting.  The story has been told, retold, embellished, written down, translated, retranslated, mistranslated, then translated again, just like everything else in the Bible.  As such, you can’t assume our current version is anything even remotely like the original one.  A single mistake anywhere in there can completely change the impression gained from the story.  Even if you go back to the earliest written biblical accounts you’re still looking at stories that were passed on verbally for hundreds of years.  Is it any wonder the Bible is filled with meaningless and contradictory passages?  It’s impossible to know what the original story actually was.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 17 February 2006 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

I agree with you on ANY religious scrolls…. However, that was not the point I was actually trying to make.

My agenda was to identify how all of us are open to our own individual interpretation of an event from the perspective of an original observers (even if it was just one)  or then our understanding of interpretations of those who receive it second-hand from the original observer, then third, fourth etc.

The ONLY true presumption can be that an actual ‘event’ was perceived to have taken place place.  It no longer matters how many interpretations the Ezekiel story has traveled through, the first kernel is still there. 

In Ezekiel’s story it was God and angels he saw.

In the current thread of school children in Africa these students saw little aliens and spaceships. 

My intent was to point out that other kinds of sightings have been recorded with very different flavors and general acceptance decided perhaps by:

1.  What could be understood and accepted at the time in history
2.  or what could be understood and accepted by age of the observers

At the same time, elements are VERY similar….  We may not give true credence to either of these two enounters, one may well be the dreaming confrontation of a very old man with God and angels, while the other the imaginings of histerical children.

Signature 

Posted: 17 February 2006 06:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3687
Joined  2005-02-09

Sounds like a bad acid trip…...

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}