1 of 1
{/paginate}
XKCD on Conspiracies
Posted: 20 May 2009 06:04 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

This has probably been linked to before, but let’s face it, he’s right.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 20 May 2009 08:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10730
Joined  2008-02-21

But, but….but…. the 911 story IS full of holes…...! cheese

Sorry. Just had to make everyone’s blood pressure rise a little bit! wink  LOL

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 20 May 2009 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01

Oh dear lord, I that’s my reaction.

It’s like Dave Barry said: “It’s not that I don’t think the government wouldn’t try to hide dead aliens and UFOs from us, it’s just that I don’t think they would succeed. Every time they try to pull off something in secret - like the Iran contra situation - they do it with all of the finese and subtly of an exploding cigar at a funeral”.

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 20 May 2009 09:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23
ZeldaQueen - 20 May 2009 01:37 PM

Oh dear lord, I that’s my reaction.

It’s like Dave Barry said: “It’s not that I don’t think the government wouldn’t try to hide dead aliens and UFOs from us, it’s just that I don’t think they would succeed. Every time they try to pull off something in secret - like the Iran contra situation - they do it with all of the finese and subtly of an exploding cigar at a funeral”.

LOL

I like that quote. And it’s very true. The concept of world governments going 50 years with NONE of them cocking up and leaving detailed files about aliens on a train or in a taxi is truly science fiction.

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}