Dr. Frank’s Joint and Muscle Pain Relief Spray
Posted: 07 May 2009 04:56 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10731
Joined  2008-02-21

I was up and about around 2a.m., and saw a commercial for this new homeopathic product:

Website  (With Ad Video!) surprised

Here is some info from the ‘What is Homeopathy’ page:

(Highlighting Mine)

What is Homeopathy?

Homeopathy is the art and the science of healing the sick by using natural substances in extremely small concentrations to treat and rid the body of targeted symptoms of diseases. These substances are delivered to the body as tablets, capsules, solutions or topicals. Of importance is that the homeopathic ingredients approved by the yearly meeting of the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia Convention of the United States in accordance with FDA guidelines do not produce any known side effects or toxic effects.

Homeopathy was originated by Dr. Samuel Christian Hahnemann, a medical doctor, after whom Hahnemann School of Medicine in Philadelphia was named. From the mid 1800s and through the beginning of the mid 1900s, homeopathy was actively practiced by physicians, and homeopathic remedies were used in hospitals. With the advent of the pharmaceutical industry and the resulting decline of homeopathy, homeopathy was removed from the hospitals. Although still used outside of hospitals today, by the mid 1900s, it was completely replaced in hospitals by conventional drugs.

A limited number of homeopathic physicians continued to practice this medical method through modern times. Interest has increased significantly in recent times because of the fact that homeopathic medications are not associated with known reported side effects or toxicity. Also, they can be used with any medications. The manufacturing of homeopathic remedies are regulated by the FDA.

There is no specific scientific study that demonstrates the exact mechanism whereby homeopathy works, but there is theory as to how it works. In science, it is not uncommon to harness the power of certain types of energy even though we cannot always demonstrate why it works in a specific scientific study and, therefore, we explain the way it works purely on theory. Good examples of this are the theory of light, the theory of electricity and the theory of gravity which are all significant elements of the science we have used and depended on for hundreds of years to benefit mankind, despite the fact that their exact mechanism of action is based on theory and not proven fact.

The explanation of how homeopathy works as delivered by those who have expertise in this arena goes something like this. Homeopathic products are composed of miniscule amounts of natural active ingredients called homeopathic ingredients. These ingredients undergo special dilution techniques in homeopathic labs that dilute them from one millionth to one trillionth or more of their original potency. The amount of active ingredient becomes infinitesimally small as a result. In some way, by introducing these small quantities of specific active ingredients into the body, they bolster the body’s mechanisms for ridding people of symptoms of disease…...(snip)

At least they are honest in that they tell people (if they are willing to read through the fine print) that homeopathy is JUST PLAIN WATER.

I am SO tired of people fobbing off “pain relief” remedies to the desperate. Whether it is ‘copper bracelet devices’, to magnets, to homeopathy, all it does is play on peoples’ desperation to want to lessen their pain.  People like this are no better than snake oil salesman. mad  (If I were vindictive, i would wish pain like mine on these people and then offer them nothing but their own ‘cures’.shut eye

Anyhow, I figured I would include it here, on our own version of a “wall of shame”, for the whole world to see…. hmmm

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 07 May 2009 10:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23

Try our new anti-pain spray! Specially made from numerous chemicals to protect your body. It simply makes youre nerves shrivel like a prune and prevent any pain! CALL 912-HOAX buy now while supplies last!
*warning may cause: nerves to shrivel and die, cancer, aids, loss of appetite, eye pain, blindness, hemhorrage, loss of pain permanently, paralysis and many more, if any of the following effects happen let it be known it’s not our fault. However you may treat yourself by mouthing a long barreled shotgun and pulling the trigger thank you and good day.

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 07 May 2009 10:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5511
Joined  2007-03-14

The explanation of how homeopathy works as delivered by those who have expertise in this arena goes something like this. Homeopathic products are composed of miniscule amounts of natural active ingredients called homeopathic ingredients. These ingredients undergo special dilution techniques in homeopathic labs that dilute them from one millionth to one trillionth or more of their original potency. The amount of active ingredient becomes infinitesimally small as a result. In some way, by introducing these small quantities of specific active ingredients into the body, they bolster the body

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 07 May 2009 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01

It also cures gout, regrows hair on your head, fixes broken limbs, and lets you sing like Paravatti! I’ll have a refill ready, just as soon as I pee more of it into a bottle.

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 07 May 2009 12:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23

I’ve often wondered about magnets

after all everything has a magnettic field
including humans so maybe wearing magnets
does something to disrupt that field
I don’t know what that’d do though.

I’m just not sure I’d be so quick to dismiss them totally.

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 07 May 2009 05:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
ZeldaQueen - 07 May 2009 02:33 PM

. . .and lets you sing like Paravatti!

Isn’t that a type of cheese?  wink

Sharruma - 07 May 2009 04:16 PM

I’ve often wondered about magnets

after all everything has a magnettic field
including humans so maybe wearing magnets
does something to disrupt that field
I don’t know what that’d do though.

I’m just not sure I’d be so quick to dismiss them totally.

Nah.  The human magnetic field is so weak as to be pretty much nonexistent.  And minor changes in it don’t do anything.  There has been a huge amount of research into this, what with all the magnets used in industry and science.

Besides, we live on top of one of the most massive magnets around.  If magnetic fields were going to do anything to us, then simply walking around on Earth would do it.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 07 May 2009 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10731
Joined  2008-02-21
Accipiter - 07 May 2009 09:03 PM
ZeldaQueen - 07 May 2009 02:33 PM

. . .and lets you sing like Paravatti!

Isn’t that a type of cheese?  wink

Nope. It’s a type of pasta, I think. wink

And as for magnets, I think one might be able to show some effect on human physiology, but the magnitude of the magnetic field would have to be MUCH MUCH stronger than anything one is apt to wear around. (Unless you are, say, Scottish or something….) gulp  LOL

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.