3 of 4
Man From the Future?
Posted: 10 February 2006 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8383
Joined  2005-04-17

Geez David, that’s like the iris of the StarGate in the SG series.  If these no one to open the iris in the past the TTT would be trapped inside the wormhole….forever

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 10 February 2006 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

But if time bends (like in the theories by Einstein and Stephen Hawking, then maybe?  I’m putting this here but am also going to put it as a new thread too

http://www.indiadaily.com/editorial/1944.asp

UFO Propulsion System - Bending time and space
Staff Reporter
Mar. 17, 2005

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 10 February 2006 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1194
Joined  2005-02-22

Time doesn’t exist…

Signature 

Canadian Bacon Rules !!!

Posted: 11 February 2006 07:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17
Mark-N-Jen - 10 February 2006 10:49 PM

Time doesn’t exist…

No it doesn’t…. YOU ROK Mark-N-Jen!!!!

Signature 

Posted: 11 February 2006 11:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-02-11

What about the time travel fund.  Its an ingenius idea.  Highly unlikely that it would work or that they would actually place the money in that fund.  I noticed a few things about the webpage http://www.timetravelfund.com/ - one - that it doesn’t have a place to actually contact anyone - and although it has Q and A on the page - there is no place to post more questions. So I did it for fun and wanted to suggest to a few others - just as a gas - but then I realized that they didn’t even ask for any really identifying info - just my name - and there are a lot of folks in the world with my name. 

I wasn’t too worried about those who said - how come no one is disappearing right before their death - because it may not actually happen that way - how many people go missing?  Every day?  So I thought, it be like buying a lottery ticket there is such a slim chance but while you have ithe ticket you can think of the possibilities - as with this - so I thought why not - something to daydream about - however the thing that cinched it in my ever doubting mind is definitely the name thing.  I used my husband’s paypal so I suppose they could link me to that - or make a mistake and take him! otherwise I can’t see anyway they’d know it was me…

Oh well clever hoax in any case.

amy

Posted: 12 February 2006 12:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26363
Joined  2004-11-29

Yep, Time Travel Mutual Fund is a hoax.  Although, they claim that it’s not.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 12 February 2006 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5153
Joined  2005-01-11

Normal is just another word for majority my friends.

P.S, if you wanna watch a show abouyt time-travel, watch ‘phil of the future’ on the Disney channel, it’s one of the bearable things my sis watches, quite funny some of them.

Signature 

If you can’t handle someone at their worst,

You don’t deserve them at their best.

Posted: 12 February 2006 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4243
Joined  2005-06-05
hulitoons - 10 February 2006 08:34 PM

that’s like the iris of the StarGate in the SG series.  If these no one to open the iris in the past the TTT would be trapped inside the wormhole….forever

No, because if there wasn’t an exit open in the past there wouldn’t be an entrance in the future for them to have stepped into.

Posted: 13 February 2006 05:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3174
Joined  2005-05-19
Mark-N-Jen - 10 February 2006 10:49 PM

Time doesn’t exist…

Correct, it is just a human tool for measurement.

Imagine it like this: We can’t go back to a previous point in time because once an event has “Happened” it can’t be Un-happened”. Once an eventy has occured, it is not “Stored” anywhere for future reference. It would be like pouring three tins of paint into a big jar and mixing them together. Once mixed you will never be able to un-mix them back into their previous forms.

BTW I know that was a bit garbled but it made sense until I had to actually write the post!

Signature 

“Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be buggered by a dog on the public highway.”

Posted: 13 February 2006 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Not garbled at all really Mort….neopolitan icecream, or mixing pigment.  The only way an ‘event’ could be separated in that respect would be if a sentient mind stored the memory of it AND that the single memory could be isolated.  Sadly, memories are hardly reliable either since they are only the memory of that mind’s particular view of an event.

Signature 

Posted: 13 February 2006 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3174
Joined  2005-05-19

That’s pretty much what I meant. I remember an old science teacher demonstrating it with a few liquids, he mixed the two and asked if it would be possible to un-stir the subsequent solution.

See my comment on the time travel thread about transferring thoughts etc.

Signature 

“Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be buggered by a dog on the public highway.”

3 of 4