Poll
What do you think???
Someone wanted to keep it a secret.... 4
They are just ignorant..... 0
Hey, mistakes happen.... 4
Total Votes: 8
You must be a logged-in member to vote
400 Ft. Water Fall Discovered in Calif…....what?
Posted: 12 August 2005 01:40 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3687
Joined  2005-02-09

In the news today, I read on CNN that just recently a 400 ft. waterfall was discovered in a national park…43,000 acre park….that has rangers and people that have known the land for years…and they just NOW discovered a freak’n 400 ft. waterfall???? Oh, they have heard rumors and some have searched, but for some reason, they just happen to miss this…interesting…  Here is the story…..........

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/08/12/secret.waterfall.ap/index.html

Posted: 12 August 2005 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5071
Joined  2005-03-16

I voted that they wanted to keep it a secret. BUT when I was in college an old bf of mine took me to a large waterfall that he knew of up on the mountain. (we had to leave a logging road to hike about a mile or two to it)

It wasn’t on any of the maps, and seemed to have no name until he took a little bronze plaque up there with “Winona Falls” on it (how romantic, eh?), so I imagine theoretically it was possible that they just didn’t know about it, depending on how large the park was.

Posted: 12 August 2005 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  629
Joined  2005-01-18

So, maybe now you’re more likely to believe that a mere 8-foot Bigfoot could hide in the woods without being seen by anybody!

Signature 

Soldier: This is the worst part. The calm before the battle.
Fry: And then the battle is not so bad?
Soldier: Oh, right. I forgot about the battle.

Posted: 14 August 2005 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

I dunno, these sorts of things bring visitors, and visitors spend money - so the park people probably would have wanted this to be available to visitors. 

Although, if the logging people knew about it, why didn’t the park people?

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.