Total Votes: 14
You must be a logged-in member to vote
PRESIDENT PROMOTING “INTELLIGENT DESIGN”:
Posted: 13 August 2005 01:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26366
Joined  2004-11-29

I find it interesting that the government here in Aus have just stated this week that they want to introduce Intelligent Design into our school curriculums too…

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 13 August 2005 02:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5071
Joined  2005-03-16
buba - 12 August 2005 08:21 PM

Some have faith in a god who will be sending others to damnation. I take it you are

Posted: 14 August 2005 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

I know this has been argued to death before (where it burned in Hell for eternity)... wink

But for people who have faith, they don’t think they should have to stop thinking about it, or feeling it, when they walk out of their houses.  Rather than Faith being an elective article (such as pants or a shirt that can be changed) it’s a part of them (skin color, limbs - a permanant part of themselves).

...And if we evolved, then according to this line of logic, we should have tough feet, or pads, or hooves or something.  But we don’t:

Tender Feet: In leaving human feet free of paw pads or tough, horse-like hooves, the Lord rendered our solitary means of locomotion highly susceptible to injury

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 14 August 2005 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

What the heck does Georgy know about intelligence anyway??!!!!

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 14 August 2005 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16

About as much as he knows about “nu-cu-lar” physics.

Posted: 15 August 2005 01:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  629
Joined  2005-01-18
Maegan - 14 August 2005 02:37 PM

I know this has been argued to death before (where it burned in Hell for eternity)... wink

But for people who have faith, they don’t think they should have to stop thinking about it, or feeling it, when they walk out of their houses. Rather than Faith being an elective article (such as pants or a shirt that can be changed) it’s a part of them (skin color, limbs - apermanant part of themselves).

...And if we evolved, then according to this line of logic, we should have tough feet, or pads, or hooves or something. But we don’t:

Tender Feet: In leaving human feet free of paw pads or tough, horse-like hooves, the Lord rendered our solitary means of locomotion highly susceptible to injury

Signature 

Soldier: This is the worst part. The calm before the battle.
Fry: And then the battle is not so bad?
Soldier: Oh, right. I forgot about the battle.

Posted: 15 August 2005 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  218
Joined  2005-04-22

I don

Posted: 16 August 2005 08:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3174
Joined  2005-05-19

Smerk: That does surprise me cause the Aussie Govt. Has alweays seemed a little more liberal in there ideas. Didn’t expect them to accept this as a curriculum that needs to be taught in schools. Leave it to those who believe in it.

Signature 

“Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be buggered by a dog on the public highway.”

Posted: 16 August 2005 09:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16
buba - 15 August 2005 01:24 PM

I don

Posted: 16 August 2005 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  218
Joined  2005-04-22

except you say faith is good. you would not say deluding oneself is good. is it so bad to just not know what you dont know?

or am i missing your point? are you speaking of faith as a broad blanket term encompassing more than simply faith in god. such as faith in medical science or faith in technology or faith human nature?

Posted: 16 August 2005 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16

Well, I guess I mean faith in oneself, and also faith in (I don’t know how else to put this) a higher power of some form - whether it is a god, many gods, nature, ancestors or whatever other form it could take.

I’m also not saying that a person has to have it to be a good person, it all comes down to personal choices and what works for a person, but I think that *at times* having some sort of faith in itself can be beneficial. That said, I’m kinda intolerant of those who shove their faith down people’s throats. smile

{paginate}
2 of 4
{/paginate}